• Managed Accounts
  • Trusted Brokers
  • Blog
  • Forex Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New - Harbor FX! (3 year verified track record)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New - Harbor FX! (3 year verified track record)

Harbor FX Is Here!

Please let me introduce Spencer. Spencer is the professional trader behind Harbor FX and I'm excited to announce that we have secured his services and will be introducing him into the trading room as Trial Trader today!

Spencer has been generating his full time income from the markets for the best part of 10 years. Using a technical strategy administered manually he has managed to generate stable returns while keeping drawdown extremely low (only 7.29%) for a period of almost 3 years.

3 years!

I challenge you to find another trader with a longer track record who has such a conservative drawdown.

He adjusted the strategy in August 2014 adapting to changing market conditions, the focus is now on: GBPJPY, USDJPY, EURJPY, EURAUD, GBPAUD, AUDNZD, GBPNZD

All trades feature take profit and stop loss levels with a positive risk reward ratio.

Welcome to the site Spencer, congratulations on your long track record and we look forward to working with you!

View a copy of the 3 year HarborFX track record here.

View a copy of my $5k Mt Cook account trading 2x risk here

Unfortunately this showcase account is only small in balance, however we have evidence that this guy has traded accounts in the seven figures in the past. We feel comfortable that he'll be able to handle the pressures of offering signals and live up to our expectations.

Simulator + Risk Multiplier

Remember guys, you have the flexibility to increase your Risk Multiplier in accordance to your own appetite for risk! Increasing your Risk Multiplier will achieve greater potential returns whilst increasing draw-down potential.

Examples as of 24/03/2015 on 5,000 simulated:
    • Risk Multiplier: 1.5 -- +85.97% Return -- 10.81% DD
    • Risk Multiplier: 2.0 -- +125.11% Return -- 14.44% DD
    • Risk Multiplier: 2.5 -- +172.55% Return -- 18.06% DD
    • Risk Multiplier: 3.0 -- +225.96% Return -- 21.50% DD
    • and so forth...

Play around with the Simulator now to find a Risk Multiplier of your choice: Harbor FX Simulator (click Simulation tab beneath the chart!)

As it populates in real-time, please allow a few seconds after clicking the "Simulate" button in order to view all relevant bits of information about your Simulation (which will pop-up beneath the graph).

Check out my interview with Spencer on the night of the launch for HarborFX!

Would you like free lifetime access to our forex trading room?

Open an account at Blueberry Markets and save the $97/monthly fee.

Click here to find out more.

Thank you for the introduction Nick! I look forward to being a part of the Forex Signals community!

I have had a great journey in the FX space as a trader and truly love trading. I think it is important to have a passion for trading to be successful and believe that my drive to gain an edge on the market has translated into positive risk-adjusted returns over the years.

My fundamental principals behind my strategy I learned working as a sub-advisor for a Commodities Trading Advisor. The firm changed my thought process when it comes to risk and I knew that I needed to focus more of my energy into managing risk and developing trading skills to identify high probability trade setups with relatively low downside risk. From there I was able to figure out scenarios in which I could add size to my positions while still maintaining acceptable risk levels.

I'm sure we will delve in much deeper to my trading strategy and background in the near future and look forward to answering any questions.

Comment

Thanks Spencer!

I'm interested in hearing more about the adapted strategy and how it differs from the EURUSD and GPBUSD strategy prior to August 2014.

Looking at the equity curve, volatility of returns is obviously greater since that date. Can you please give us more information on why this is?

Comment

welcome too the community

Comment

Willkommen

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
            Thanks Spencer!

I'm interested in hearing more about the adapted strategy and how it differs from the EURUSD and GPBUSD strategy prior to August 2014.

Looking at the equity curve, volatility of returns is obviously greater since that date. Can you please give us more information on why this is?
            In 2014 the market shifted to the point I realized I needed to make some changes in my strategy. Volatility on the EURUSD was at very low levels which is not ideal for a breakout strategy. I had traded really well with the strategy on the EU and GU for a few years but there were certain aspects of the strategy that I felt it was time to adjust. I went back and started evaluating other pairs that had higher daily ranges and more regular volatility. I then started watching tape on the price action when breakouts occurred. I then began making adjustments on rules for entry in attempt to catch a breakout while it is occurring and made rules for how to handle the position(s) once open. Once the "if then" rules were determined I had to make sure that I was able to manage risk properly so I ran tests to determine if the risk was acceptable given different scenarios on several pairs. Then I began a separate forward test to begin trading the strategy and had great results so eventually applied it to my live accounts. Since then the strategy has performed quite well. I believe the changes in the strategy and the pairs traded are more suited to handle a variety of market conditions and that has translated into nice results over the past several months.

Below is a quick breakdown:

Strategy prior to August 2014 details:
            - market orders
            - EURUSD, GBPUSD, EURAUD
            - 15M timeframe
            - TP and SL determine by average daily range
            - breakout criteria was based on shorter term volatility

New Strategy since August 2014 deatails:
            - mainly pending orders
            - GBPJPY, USDJPY, EURJPY, EURAUD, GBPAUD, AUDNZD, GBPNZD (other pairs monitored and could be added as well)
            - 1H and 4H timeframe
            - TP and SL determine by consolidation channel range
            - breakout criteria is based on breakout of consolidation channel

Comment

Welcome Spencer. Very excited to see such experienced trader being part of our team!

Comment

welcome spencer. Will be looking at your numbers closely and hopefully will be in business with yourself in near future.

Comment

Hi Spencer,

Couple questions.

Where are you based?
                  What session do you typically trade?
                  Do you trade news events manually or is it strictly preset predetermined levels?

Thank you. And I sincerely wish you well. This site is definitely looking for another professional successful trader that is serious about making realistic gains, and i really hope that you can fill that need. If so you will most definitely gain some love from all corners of the globe.

Comment

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                    Hi Spencer,

Couple questions.

Where are you based?
                    What session do you typically trade?
                    Do you trade news events manually or is it strictly preset predetermined levels?

Thank you. And I sincerely wish you well. This site is definitely looking for another professional successful trader that is serious about making realistic gains, and i really hope that you can fill that need. If so you will most definitely gain some love from all corners of the globe.
                    Hey Big River Man,
                    I am based in the US. I trade round the clock as setups can occur at anytime though typically we see trades in the European session and US session. News events oftentimes trigger trades so I monitor these events closely and make sure that risk is adjusted acordingly. All trades are entered manually usually with pending orders when consolidation zones are identified. Many times we see these form prior to nice breakouts out of the consolidation zone which is the general basis of the strategy.

Thanks again for the warm welcome to the forum and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

Great history, obviously very low attractive DD but very low gains. I guess you have to pick one of the other, cant have both. 4 years with 56% profit is not sufficient for a signal copier, it won't cover costs at all. You would have to be running a super big account. Just being realistic.

Welcome to the forum Spencer really look forward to your work here!

Comment

Originally posted by Waleed121 View Post
                        Great history, obviously very low attractive DD but very low gains. I guess you have to pick one of the other, cant have both. 4 years with 56% profit is not sufficient for a signal copier, it won't cover costs at all. You would have to be running a super big account. Just being realistic.

Welcome to the forum Spencer really look forward to your work here!
                        Hi Waleed,

It's actually a touch under 3 years (2012 - 2015)

If you look at the monthly return in relation to the drawdown it's comparable to Viper.

I'm setting up my own account running 2x risk which I'm hoping will net around 3-4% per month while still keeping drawdown at very comfortable levels.

Comment

Nice trading Spencer

Another 41 pips today. Man.... I wish my follower account would get set up already! I've missed over 100 pips in the past few days.

FYI, I'm funding this account with a new broker partner, Mt Cook Financial. I'll fill you guys in on them over the coming week or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                            Hi Waleed,

It's actually a touch under 3 years (2012 - 2015)

If you look at the monthly return in relation to the drawdown it's comparable to Viper.

I'm setting up my own account running 2x risk which I'm hoping will net around 3-4% per month while still keeping drawdown at very comfortable levels.
                            That would be fantastic :-) We will have to review how the new strategy performs. It's a new strategy so caution has to be taken. The low DD is definitely a comfortable fact. However it's more suited for a MAMM for the capital gains.

Comment

very interested in this Nick and also mt cook financial,

good things come to those who are patient.. an so we wait....

and agreed waleed121, i wonder how the copier copes,
                              http://www.myfxbook.com/members/dupapa

Comment

Working...
                              X