best regards,
    Mura

Originally posted by mura View Post
    Hi Pipsopolis,

Why do you trade so small lot size?

best regards,
    Mura
    Hi,
    The account I trade for signals is $1200+ and I risk 2% on it. I feel responsible for people's money. Thanks for asking.

Comment

Hi Mura

The lot size is proportionate to the account size. If you trade lot sizes that are too big for account sizes then you run an increased risk (and in fx, some would say the certainty) of blowing your account.

If your account is bigger than Pipsopolis', then you may wish to increase the proportion of your trade size in relation to the higher value of your account. The absolute size of the lot traded by Pipsopolis is immaterial in and of itself. It is the numerator to the denominator of his total equity. As long as you maintain that relationship in your own account, you will be fine.

And finally, Pipsopolis, you are a highly valued trader and your careful approach is immensely appreciated. The fact that you do not get hysterical when you don't double your account every two days is a welcome attribute in the frenetic world of forex. Please don't change. As Warren Buffet says, the first rule of investing is not to lose money, and your willingness to tread water until the right opportunities present themselves demonstrates an acute understanding of this dictum.

Comment

Thanks Maria,
        Trading +10 years has shown me the importance of being around for a new fight everyday and to be around you need to have money. We all have seen people with great results who has been wiped out in a matter of days or even hours. Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X