Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tradealerter 2014 -- New Trading Rules

Hi Traders,

Just an Update on the TradeAlerter Signal going forward in 2014.

2013 was a great year with 8/9 positive months but it was a wild ride and i made slight adjustments to my trading on the TA account overtime.

As some of you are aware I come from a FX dealer background and so making the transition to Fulltime trader is still a work in progress. I am much more use to giving FX advice rather than trading my own View.

I 100% believe that you can make significant money trading with the right risk management and hard work. I want subscribers to know 100% what they are getting and what they can expect.

I have learnt a lot from providing signals to traders over the last 8 months and will be outlining below new 'Signal Friendly Rules' for my TradeAlerter account going forward.

Out is Gold, Exotic pairs and Crosses. My Target for 2014 for this account is 5-10% a month.

2014 TradeAlerter Rules

10% Drawdown Max

Only 20 FX Pairs will be traded from now on.

AUD/USD
    EUR/USD
    GBP/USD
    USD/JPY
    USD/CHF
    EUR/CHF
    EUR/JPY
    GBP/JPY
    AUD/JPY
    NZD/USD
    EUR/GBP
    USD/CAD
    GBP/CHF
    EUR/AUD
    GBP/AUD
    AUD/NZD
    EUR/CAD
    GBP/NZD
    EUR/NZD
    XAU/USD

Trade size

0.05 for positional trades
    0.1 for Short term and Scalping Trades.

Any Questions as always you can post below or find me in the liveforextrading.org chat room nearly everyday.

Best Regards

TonyD

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/auto...alerter/544436
    Last edited by Tony Darvall; 03-05-2014, 10:43 PM.
    "You have to learn the rules of the game, and then you have to play better than anyone else."

Albert Einstein

Really much more friendly rules!
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice. thanks TA

Comment

Have these rules come into effect yet?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes Effective Immediately
          "You have to learn the rules of the game, and then you have to play better than anyone else."

Albert Einstein

Comment

TA, I was stopped out on the gbp/eur last week. my broker openned the spread. How do you determine where to place a stop? Thank you. DAryl

Comment

You saying you were stopped on a trade i was not stopped on? or that you trading by yourself and got stopped? If you are getting stopped out from spread then you need to adjust manually the stop a little higher or use a tight breaker.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Or just not copy the SL.

Comment

I am a novice trader so I don't know the rules when it comes to placing stops.

There was no manual trading on this one. I was stopped to the pip. It is my understanding that I can only change a stop if I change the setting to change the Copy Stop Loss setting to "No." If it is set to "yes" then I am stuck with the signal provider's stop loss setting. Unfortunately I learned my lesson when I changed this setting with another subscriber to "No" and he changed his SL during the trade and my trade was stopped while his continued. I don't know why the broker wanted my measly $7.00 on this trade however I think for some reason the spread widened to take me out.

Daryl
                  Last edited by dkoster77; 01-13-2014, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Yes i believe without a stop your position will still close if my position hits a stop and closes on my platform.

We all learning the best way to follow signals but nothing beats closing at same time as signal unless your broker gets bad slippage on stops and orders

Best Regards

TA

Albert Einstein

Comment

Dkoster for this signal put copy TP yes. Copy SL no. Trust me. You are safe to tick no to SL with TA. You should also do that for smart trader imo.

Comment

I don't copy sl from any trader to avoid sl hunting during high spread periods

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TradeAlerter View Post
                          Hi Traders,

Just an Update on the TradeAlerter Signal going forward in 2014.

2013 was a great year with 8/9 positive months but it was a wild ride and i made slight adjustments to my trading on the TA account overtime.

As some of you are aware I come from a FX dealer background and so making the transition to Fulltime trader is still a work in progress. I am much more use to giving FX advice rather than trading my own View.

I 100% believe that you can make significant money trading with the right risk management and hard work. I want subscribers to know 100% what they are getting and what they can expect.

I have learnt a lot from providing signals to traders over the last 8 months and will be outlining below new 'Signal Friendly Rules' for my TradeAlerter account going forward.

Out is Gold, Exotic pairs and Crosses. My Target for 2014 for this account is 5-10% a month.

2014 TradeAlerter Rules

10% Drawdown Max

Only 20 FX Pairs will be traded from now on.

AUD/USD
                          EUR/USD
                          GBP/USD
                          USD/JPY
                          USD/CHF
                          EUR/CHF
                          EUR/JPY
                          GBP/JPY
                          AUD/JPY
                          NZD/USD
                          EUR/GBP
                          USD/CAD
                          GBP/CHF
                          EUR/AUD
                          GBP/AUD
                          AUD/NZD
                          EUR/CAD
                          GBP/NZD
                          EUR/NZD
                          XAU/USD

Trade size

0.05 for positional trades
                          0.1 for Short term and Scalping Trades.

Any Questions as always you can post below or find me in the liveforextrading.org chat room nearly everyday.

Best Regards

TonyD

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/auto...alerter/544436

Hello Tony,

thanks for your kind listing above regarding your new rules and activities in 2014.

You wrote:
                          Out is Gold, Exotic pairs and Crosses... so i got it, but in the listed pairs you will trade are xauusd... i thought you stop trading gold??
                          So what correct now, trading gold or not? thanks for clarification.

Also no usdsgd trades anymore or something curious like that as in the past?
                          Is it usual that you risk more with the jpy pairs? i found in your hystory stop losses of about 590 pis in usdjpy and some eurjpy with a sl of 170 and more..
                          So this will not happen again with your new rules in 2014?

how many trade could be open at the same time? do you work with fix tp and sl?

Is this still the way you will trade:
                          If a trade satisfies all 4 conditions he will have a medium term trade. Stop losses generally 50-100 pips & Take profit 100-200 pips, as you mentioned at your entry page here.

On the overview at you entry page here, i i find this in your parameters, maximum risk per trade 10% of account equity, so this will be a mistake at your entry page?
                          So correct is over all open positions there will be a max open floating of 10% or do you close all trades when they reach 10% open floating?

Thanks for your kind reply and best regards,
                          Heinz

Comment

I would like to try this. I am new and very green. My question is; "How much funds minimum do I need in my account to try this out?"

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X