No announcement yet.

Let us build your custom indicator - free service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are conservative, Nick. I assume that testing and development of a strategy is a couple of days work, including initial optimization runs on multiple pairs and running backtests. And that is WITHOUT using some slow and clumsy tool like MetaTrader (which is fast - thanks to using bars, not all bid/ask changes, but also not really up to professional development standards).

OTOH if you get a couple of rules and all you have to do is to make sure that you actually follow them - without doing real strategy development work and without using more than the most simple entry and exit logic - then half an hour of work does not really sound off. But you can not spend half an hour just to make sure the rules do not have totally obvious mistratedes and you have no time for more than just watching some basic validation.

Hundreds of dollars sounds right for anything that is "hey, 2 rules, code me an EA fast and do not bother to do proper testing on it".

Comment

I would be very interested in this. i am also building my own expert. i have try'd a lot of experts and strategies but without good results. now i am trying to combine some different strategies and based on that place a trade. So many different strategies would be more then welcome here.

Comment

Hey Guys,

I am going to pick up where Nick left off for the following reasons.

As mentioned above by DrTom writing initial code is easy but testing , optimization and ensuring everything works as outlined in the strategy details takes time ( too much time for any one person to handle.) However with a community of fellow MT4 supporters the work load can be divided up among the community.

The service that I will provide is purely coding. I will not provide optimization, backtests, or holy grail set files. That will be up to the trader and or the community to share as a whole.

What I will be providing are functional projects that are open source. I will offer complete libraries incorporating the functions we need to use inside the strategies. This way other coders can work along side me and contribute to the source. It will also allow other coders to view the source code and ensure the functions are coded in the best possible way.

I have several years of experience coding in MQL without professional qualifications and as a result I wouldn't call myself a professional programmer. However, I can sling code with a logical approach. As Nick mentioned, explaining the logic for ME and the computer program to identify what our eyes see MUST BE LOGICAL. Think of every scenario possible with your strategy including historical patterns etc that make you place a trade need to be FULLY IDENTIFIED. RenkoGuy Has a good thought process and his ideas are logical. However as pointed out above, Kichie ideas were discretionary and the actual logic is missing in many forms.

If you can explain it logically, I can probably code it and give you a decent starting point that will allow you to Improve your own thought process.

Going forward, I don't think I'll be coding indicators, but actual trading systems. That being said, any automated system can become semi -automated and alerts, can be used as the indicator.

What is the catch22?

The libraries(functions) will be open source but the actual compiled Expert will have a Fee. A monthly Fee of X amount. I haven't decided yet on the price but It will be reasonable. For example, in the near future we will have several strategies that the community will be using. The amount of strategies we develop will not be factored into the cost. As we get more projects completed the available strategies will grow and the end result will be a selection of strategies for a FLAT MONTHLY FEE. I think this is a fair approach for my work and what I am offering to the community. If you disagree please let me know here and we will go from there.

The Projects(AEONIUMFX) will support ALL brokers without the need of IB Links etc. However it will be locked down to your Personal Account Number. If you have more than 1 account, you will need another license. And you will have the right to offer signals or managed accounts with any of the projects but keep mind that anyone else can do the same and competition for signals or managed accounts could become obsolete.

Comment

Great idea RedRhino. Good luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by RenkoGuy
            Nice you are gonna code my EA ?
            RenkoGuy Hi, Yes I did code your logic into a system but your logic needs to be refined because this is all you have
            • Buy when Bid equals MA and when the open is above the ma ( Bounce)
            • Sell when Bid equals MA and when the open is below the ma ( Bounce)
            Please take some more time to define a few candle conditions before your Entry Signal to prevent unnecessary signals

If you look closely, you can see a Sell order was placed and probably a few buy orders that you didn't intend for.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRhino View Post
              Hey Guys,

I am going to pick up where Nick left off for the following reasons.

As mentioned above by DrTom writing initial code is easy but testing , optimization and ensuring everything works as outlined in the strategy details takes time ( too much time for any one person to handle.) However with a community of fellow MT4 supporters the work load can be divided up among the community.

The service that I will provide is purely coding. I will not provide optimization, backtests, or holy grail set files. That will be up to the trader and or the community to share as a whole.

What I will be providing are functional projects that are open source. I will offer complete libraries incorporating the functions we need to use inside the strategies. This way other coders can work along side me and contribute to the source. It will also allow other coders to view the source code and ensure the functions are coded in the best possible way.

I have several years of experience coding in MQL without professional qualifications and as a result I wouldn't call myself a professional programmer. However, I can sling code with a logical approach. As Nick mentioned, explaining the logic for ME and the computer program to identify what our eyes see MUST BE LOGICAL. Think of every scenario possible with your strategy including historical patterns etc that make you place a trade need to be FULLY IDENTIFIED. RenkoGuy Has a good thought process and his ideas are logical. However as pointed out above, Kichie ideas were discretionary and the actual logic is missing in many forms.

If you can explain it logically, I can probably code it and give you a decent starting point that will allow you to Improve your own thought process.

Going forward, I don't think I'll be coding indicators, but actual trading systems. That being said, any automated system can become semi -automated and alerts, can be used as the indicator.

What is the catch22?

The libraries(functions) will be open source but the actual compiled Expert will have a Fee. A monthly Fee of X amount. I haven't decided yet on the price but It will be reasonable. For example, in the near future we will have several strategies that the community will be using. The amount of strategies we develop will not be factored into the cost. As we get more projects completed the available strategies will grow and the end result will be a selection of strategies for a FLAT MONTHLY FEE. I think this is a fair approach for my work and what I am offering to the community. If you disagree please let me know here and we will go from there.

The Projects(AEONIUMFX) will support ALL brokers without the need of IB Links etc. However it will be locked down to your Personal Account Number. If you have more than 1 account, you will need another license. And you will have the right to offer signals or managed accounts with any of the projects but keep mind that anyone else can do the same and competition for signals or managed accounts could become obsolete.
              Sounds like a great idea RedRhino. Can you distill the offer down to 3 lines? I'll then share it around for you.

The post above is too long for most people to read in detail. They need to understand what you're offering and an estimated fee within 20 seconds, otherwise you won't get any love from traders.

Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Subscription fee of $50 monthly per account for a professional coding service and access to the final products via Expert Advisor(MT4).

Go ahead, share your best logical thought process and let the community help to improve it.

Still waiting on RenkoGuy !!

Here is the open source project for those who also know how to code mql and would like to fork it then contribute
                Open Source MT4 libraries (https://github.com/aeoniumFX/MQL) for developing strategies. Installation (http://redrhinofx.com/aeonium/)
                Last edited by RedRhino; 08-21-2017, 05:06 AM.

Comment

It wasn't a bad idea
                  This is how you install the libraries and the expert advisor for backtesting (free)- http://redrhinofx.com/aeonium/
                  And here is your strategy I decided to test with a small stoploss and 10x the takeprofit on a M5 chart.

Comment

Ok thanks its complete different than i intend to
                    i see martingale and all kind of settings i didnt mentioned
                    Your strategy will work as following
                    BUYMAX == 1
                    SELLMAX ==1
                    LOGIC_MA_BOUNCE = true
                    TF_GLOBAL - Select the timeframe that you want to calculate the Moving average from.
                    Select your direction with ORDERBUY or ORDERSELL - you can use the buttons on the chart to toggle this back and forth without entering the Expert Parameters(F7)

If you don't want to use other features, keep the value set at Zero(0)

You can see in the image the robot places only 1 trade at a time, - http://redrhinofx.com/wp-content/upl..._ma_bounce.png

The other options that you see will be available for other traders. Every robot will be universal.

For example, you can divide up one position that would normally be 1% of your risk into 5 smaller orders at 1/5 the risk on each signal ( adjust the pips above/below) for better fills.

Is this your ideal setup?
                    Last edited by RedRhino; 08-23-2017, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X