Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone actually ever used an automated trading system long term and been profitable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post
    OutsideTheBoxHK Correct, AI is the future and still in its early stage. My brother works for an AI startup in Silicon Valley and what I can comprehend is that data is king, however it still comes down to a pattern cognition process of what the developer wants to accomplish. Therefore you must be a good analysis to make AI work with financial markets. BTW, forex is dead, you should trade crypto!
    I am very much up for learning about an AI trading system/software. I have just not found one that works yet.

Comment

I am pretty new to the forum but I was reading around. Wanted to share my experience with the automated system, it is actually very close to what most say here. I took an automated online course from EAForexAcademy, where they included 99 EAs in the course. After the course I placed the 99 EAs on Demo account and I followed the performance. What they teach is to follow the statistics and place on a separate account the best top EAs that are currently making profit. And that actually made sense to me and I started doing it. It actually takes sometime to get used with it because in few days I have to look at the accounts and see if any of the EAs went down the list and I have to replace it. However, it works for me so far, and I have being doing it on two demo accounts. I am planning to start with the live account in October. Just wanted to test the system for 6 months. The more complicated thing comes when they update the 99 EAs every month. But I made it simple for myself, I replace the old 99 EAs with the new once, and I keep the top performers on the separate account until they make 5 consecutive losses.
      EA Forex Academy provides online trading courses for over 12 000 students in Forex and Cryptocurencies. There are algorithmic and manual courses depending on what type of trader you are. In EA Forex Academy you will see professional approach to the markets and friendly attitude to the students. Learn from the Pros!

Comment

Originally posted by BfePeter View Post
        I am pretty new to the forum but I was reading around. Wanted to share my experience with the automated system, it is actually very close to what most say here. I took an automated online course from EAForexAcademy, where they included 99 EAs in the course. After the course I placed the 99 EAs on Demo account and I followed the performance. What they teach is to follow the statistics and place on a separate account the best top EAs that are currently making profit. And that actually made sense to me and I started doing it. It actually takes sometime to get used with it because in few days I have to look at the accounts and see if any of the EAs went down the list and I have to replace it. However, it works for me so far, and I have being doing it on two demo accounts. I am planning to start with the live account in October. Just wanted to test the system for 6 months. The more complicated thing comes when they update the 99 EAs every month. But I made it simple for myself, I replace the old 99 EAs with the new once, and I keep the top performers on the separate account until they make 5 consecutive losses.
        So you are promoting your own?

Comment

Originally posted by ForexandCrypto View Post

I am very much up for learning about an AI trading system/software. I have just not found one that works yet.
          Check out Zorro Trader , ctrader dot com and mql5 websites also contain plenty of trading systems.

Comment

Originally posted by finanzaonline View Post
            The best trading systems that works are the simplest one.

For example here is one of the best strategy that works since 40 years! Only 3 very simple line!
            - wait 3 red daily candle on S&P500
            - Buy at open
            - TP=900 tick SL=700 tick (this may vary as close at the end of day, ecc..)

S&P500.png
            You could just buy the S&P 500 and hold rather than jump in an out all the time. You have constantly top 500 performing companies jumping in and out of the index. So naturally over time as GDP goes up the index will always over time perform.

Comment

It will never work. As AI or neural networks in current form are based on learning so for it to get better it has to constantly fail. Are you prepared to let it fund AI while its learning? Market conditions change constantly so it will forever be learning and making mistakes. Just take a look at this example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv6UVOQ0F44

This is based on a simple game that always has the same pattern that is enemies behave exactly the same at each point over time as mario moves along the level. So the AI learns how to overcome all the events over time. The markets are not like that.

Here is a good research on it: https://www.cs.swarthmore.edu/~meede...rs/DanOmar.pdf

Also, I doubt if your smart at these guys: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-T...tal_Management

Even the smartest guys in the world that made up Long Term Capital couldn't crack the market and went bust. What was their downfall, other market participants squeezed their strategy which was not part of their mathematical formula. Algo patterns will be found out eventually and get squeezed that's why they fail over time.

Last edited by nfx; 09-24-2018, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nfx View Post

You could just buy the S&P 500 and hold rather than jump in an out all the time. You have constantly top 500 performing companies jumping in and out of the index. So naturally over time as GDP goes up the index will always over time perform.
                Sure, if you can accept some year down 37%

Comment

Originally posted by finanzaonline View Post

Sure, if you can accept some year down 37%
                  Not something I would accept.

Comment

Not something I would accept.
                    This is the DD of S&P buy and hold...

Comment

Hi Guys, I'm new in Forex trading. I found out some channel on Youtube and I'd like to join these system. Here the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcX...40s3w/featured
                      Can anyone give me advice about this? Is it good or not?

Comment

Originally posted by rosiemadden View Post
                        Hi Guys, I'm new in Forex trading. I found out some channel on Youtube and I'd like to join these system. Here the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcX...40s3w/featured
                        Can anyone give me advice about this? Is it good or not?
                        Who knows. Probably a scam.

Comment

Good evening,
                          Some time ago I tried to code a 100% non - discretionary strategy of mine who works great on manual,
                          But I understood it is too complicated to be coded and to work just like in manual, when there is actually a trader behind charts.
                          Have a good time.

Comment

Anyone here actually ever used an automated trading system long term and been profitable?
                            yes it is possible to have automated system and be profitable, please check links in my signature my system is 100% automated I dont take any trades manually.

Comment

Originally posted by leonardojohn
                              After losing some precious $$ I have finally met a genuine platform to trade, www.triangularfx.com have been very reliable.

And what do you get from them?

Comment

Originally posted by gohangoku
                                My colleague introduced me to www.triangularfx.com and our profits have been steady and this summer we could finally go on that awaited road trip.

Comment

Working...
                                X