Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone actually ever used an automated trading system long term and been profitable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is profitable EA, please visit www.fxworld.xyz

Comment

Algos are NOT profitable. At least not the 99% that are advertised. Market dynamics change constantly while algos dont. Most algo sales team hide this by having high won to loss ratios or have tiny wins but huge losses.

Dont confuse algos that banks use as being the same. They are not.

The winning algos usually dont have a higher than 1% DD and have a good win loss ratio. They are also aggregated with other strategies. So when market conditions are against you another strategy is compensated.

In short good luck. But in 5 years time you will end up back here.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nfx View Post
        Algos are NOT profitable. At least not the 99% that are advertised. Market dynamics change constantly while algos dont. Most algo sales team hide this by having high won to loss ratios or have tiny wins but huge losses.

Dont confuse algos that banks use as being the same. They are not.

The winning algos usually dont have a higher than 1% DD and have a good win loss ratio. They are also aggregated with other strategies. So when market conditions are against you another strategy is compensated.

In short good luck. But in 5 years time you will end up back here.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
        You have an algo like that?

Comment

First of all, I prefer trading on my own rather than relying on an automated trading EA. I find it difficult to entrust a stranger or any sytem that I don't understand with my hard-earned money, unless I code it myself. All in all, I know its very possible to use an automated trading system for long term trading and still make profit, but you'll need to make adjustments every now and then to fit with market changes

Comment

I also agree that there is no system that can be used over and over without changes. The market changes, which is why the system must also be adjusted to meet these changes. I do not fully trust EAs, since I know that they have to fail at one point, but still there are people who use EAs profitably for long

Comment

I think automated trading is awesome but it is only one of your tools and so maybe we expect too much from them. I trade a breakout on the open with an ea - pretty simple strategy that has been around for donkeys years, I have backtested and tweaked so that it works pretty much every day. This is good for me because rather inconveniently the open happens when I am at work. However the ea will fall over quite badly 1 or 2 times a month and if I were to leave it it would easily kill the months profit. So when it falls over I intervene manually by looking for things like support/resistance price action etc - but I have another ea that manages the close of the big losses because the closes happen mostly when I am trying to sleep. The closing ea needs to be set to suit the market.

So I think eas can be profitable in the long term but maybe not as standalone.

If there was an ea that did all the above on its own I would buy it. But I agree with other posters you see a lot of eas out there that look great and then fall over in dramatic fashion. Maybe we need to apply the above logic to all of them.
              cheers
              Don

Comment

Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post
                When you build an automated system you are identifying a specific trading pattern that happens more than the noise. This pattern actually disappears as time goes on. It may come back in the future, but the time the pattern is not present is normally when systems start losing money and scrapped. So when you say long-term , probably not over the long haul. The best long term strategy is actually several strategies that are turned on/off as you "the observer" knows better.
                Another year past and this still holds true.

Comment

Originally posted by airdon View Post
                  I think automated trading is awesome but it is only one of your tools and so maybe we expect too much from them. I trade a breakout on the open with an ea - pretty simple strategy that has been around for donkeys years, I have backtested and tweaked so that it works pretty much every day. This is good for me because rather inconveniently the open happens when I am at work. However the ea will fall over quite badly 1 or 2 times a month and if I were to leave it it would easily kill the months profit. So when it falls over I intervene manually by looking for things like support/resistance price action etc - but I have another ea that manages the close of the big losses because the closes happen mostly when I am trying to sleep. The closing ea needs to be set to suit the market.

So I think eas can be profitable in the long term but maybe not as standalone.

If there was an ea that did all the above on its own I would buy it. But I agree with other posters you see a lot of eas out there that look great and then fall over in dramatic fashion. Maybe we need to apply the above logic to all of them.
                  cheers
                  Don
                  Your comments are as true as they come. Thanks for you sharing your experience with robots.

Comment

i have been working on this project full time for fifteen years.

i am a serious C language programmer.

in fifteen years, i have never wasted my time downloading or buying any person's trading bot.

i do not use the basic indicators.

i do not use backtesting, it is pure fools gold.

when i was in the first five years of my development work of this project, i had a partner, it was not his job to contribute to the creative aspects of the development, and he promised not to show my work to any person, but he did, and he ran off and traded my code live.

at the five year point of this project, he took my second trading system that i built, and i got to see the mt4 terminal a year later, it turned approx $900 into $10k in one year, it produced an equity line that was a pure 45 degree slope upwards, no volatility.

and now that i have spent an additional ten years, for a total of fifteen years on this project, i have produced my masterpiece.

i am fully automated, but i am now broke and i live in my car now, and even if i did have money now i still want to form a professional team to trade this thing.

i am a clinically diagnosed sociopath and narcissist, which basically means that i operate on a different level.

you may login to my demo account, if you like:

Login Account and Password:

Server: LMFX Demo
                    Login: 103417
                    Password: iofu%3M1

kindest of regards,

edward.
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

During my years as a trader I have tried different automatic services, many of them have not worked for me and only a few have served me completely, it all depends on which robot you hire and which company or trader. I personally dedicate myself to exotic pairs and design automatic services for my specialty where all my customers have been satisfied and have made significant profits. I recommend you follow the opinions of others and not get carried away by reputations at the same time, although nothing is better than trying yourself, it is also good to be warned.

Comment

I don't think anysuch thing worked till now. I have bought multiple eas, they use to work good in the beginning and one fine morning I have work with my account balance drained. This happened multiple times so I gave up on this.

Let me know if there is such system, I can help to test it.

Thanks,
                        Rex.
                        ForexBatch.com

Comment

Originally posted by smoknfx View Post
                          i have been working on this project full time for fifteen years.

i am a serious C language programmer.

in fifteen years, i have never wasted my time downloading or buying any person's trading bot.

i do not use the basic indicators.

i do not use backtesting, it is pure fools gold.

when i was in the first five years of my development work of this project, i had a partner, it was not his job to contribute to the creative aspects of the development, and he promised not to show my work to any person, but he did, and he ran off and traded my code live.

at the five year point of this project, he took my second trading system that i built, and i got to see the mt4 terminal a year later, it turned approx $900 into $10k in one year, it produced an equity line that was a pure 45 degree slope upwards, no volatility.

and now that i have spent an additional ten years, for a total of fifteen years on this project, i have produced my masterpiece.

i am fully automated, but i am now broke and i live in my car now, and even if i did have money now i still want to form a professional team to trade this thing.

i am a clinically diagnosed sociopath and narcissist, which basically means that i operate on a different level.

you may login to my demo account, if you like:

Login Account and Password:

Server: LMFX Demo
                          Login: 103417
                          Password: iofu%3M1

kindest of regards,

edward.
                          Best luck. Hope it works out for you.

Comment

Here is my new approach to running robots on forex. I have a telegram bot that connects to my mt4 platform. The telegram integration allows me to deploy robots with a push of a button. A semi - automated approach to running bots. Demo version is live for everyone to test.

Comment

Working...
                            X