• Trading Room
  • Managed Accounts
  • Trusted Brokers
  • Blog
  • Forex Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally stopped following signals and branching out with my own automated system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally stopped following signals and branching out with my own automated system

Well the time has come to venture out on my own and stop following the herd. I have had many success with forexsignals early on although struggling to find a a solid trader recently and lost most of my profits.

I have decided to create my own automated system. Back testing has yielded good results from 2013 to 2018. Nothing sensational but low draw down with a decent equity curve.

I have picked four indicies only and running them on a demo account for three months before running it live on a $20,000 account if results are stable.

I will take no intervention in trades and will only change lot sizes.

I started it early this week. I had to restart the MT4 which opened an unexpected position. Other than that it seems to be functioning as scripted.

I have included a myfxbook link to track the results.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/daz...eakout/2518501

Good luck Dazz!

Wish you success!!

Comment

Thanks BRM. Too many emotions in this game. I have never been good at individually picking a direction. Will let technicals on there own pick the move and see how it goes. If three month demo yields similar results to 5 year back testing than I think I will be on a good wicket and have a decent crack with my remaining funds

Comment

I don't want to be a hypocrit although my account has not updated. It has been over an hour. Does demo accounts update at a slower time frame

Comment

best wishes Dazz

Comment

Good luck Dazz

Well done on taking the leap and developing your own system.
            Would you like free lifetime access to our forex trading room?

Open an account at Blueberry Markets and save the $97/monthly fee.

Click here to find out more.

Comment

Thanks Nick. Long way to go. I need to create a few systems. I am a believer markets are always changing and you need to diversify with multiple trading plans.

Time will tell. I am always learning and this site has helped alot with the wealth of knowledge from Andrew, Jason, Joel and all the members of the community.

It is a tough game and it needs patience and conviction. Appreciate your assistance and will continue to be a member here if I am welcome.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Dazz great work! Will follow this closely.

Comment

Hi dazz..look a like your automatic system got more loss than profit. I saw your trading history that show 3 profit with total $83 and 1 loss $127...

Comment

Hi Anton,

Yes. You were correct. I was down. I accidentally closed down the myfxbook ea chart by mistake. I have attached it again and it has updated. It took a trade this morning in the China 50. I am in profit now.

Only early days.

Last edited by dazz1975; 05-14-2018, 05:40 AM.

Comment

System is very quiet. Added additional system with minimal position size on additional 13 products.

System should be alot more active now.

Comment

Depends on what logic you have that might be good idea to run algo with lower lot but on multiple pairs.

At least works great for me. My EA trading currently around 16 pairs with relative small lot size per pair.
                        I have some algo to determine if we can open additional position to initial one or on hold and wait for better area...
                        the most important I think is look at EA system in annual perspective what profit can generate over 1y with what kind of DD level.
                        In 1.5 months I will end 1y of forward testing and move to real account.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/ejs...obot-2/2169366

Comment

Originally posted by ace
                          Depends on what logic you have that might be good idea to run algo with lower lot but on multiple pairs.

At least works great for me. My EA trading currently around 16 pairs with relative small lot size per pair.
                          I have some algo to determine if we can open additional position to initial one or on hold and wait for better area...
                          the most important I think is look at EA system in annual perspective what profit can generate over 1y with what kind of DD level.
                          In 1.5 months I will end 1y of forward testing and move to real account.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/ejs...obot-2/2169366
                          Nice work ace. Your algo looks great. You can't sneeze at over 30% profit for the year.

I hope I can get similar results.

Comment

What I learned over this 1y of forward test and 3+ years in writing EA is:
                            Optimize, Evaluate, thing what weaknesses are and how to eliminate.
                            Focus on process.

for example you can see on my equity/balance line that biggest DD occurred during first 6 months. After that I tune some settings (around 3rd month) and implement risk management algos around 6 months.. in recent 2 months I started to close all trades when exposure get too big -> by that I accept a loss, but from other hand I am clearing all positions so I have free start.
                            Last 4-5 months looks really great.

I watch only at equity not balance as this is the only thin that matter

Now I am looking for best way to wipe all trades when I am not happy with overall exposure.

Definitely its not like you build 1 EA & run for next 10y and book profits It is process.

Comment

Working...
                            X