New automated system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New automated system.

I am starting a new thread because my last one got deleted. I have compiled my first EA's to take the psychology out of my trading. This is my first attempt and I have compiled two separate EA's to run under the one account. I have added it to a demo account at 1x risk and one to my real account at 0.5x risk which has been following forexsignal.com providers for sometime now.

I have stopped following steady capture and though I would post my results. This is an experiment and hopefully all will go well.

The first EA works on reversals. I have 13 pairs associated with the EA which has yielded good backtesting results.

The second is a breakout strategy that I have running on the DAX, DOW and China 50.

Please see my fxbook link below. I have not intervening on any trade and hopefully you will get a good indication on results. For some reason demos accounts update randomly for me on myfxbook Approximately hourly. My real account updates every 5 or so minutes.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/daz...-forex/2518501
    Last edited by dazz1975; 05-24-2018, 07:03 AM.

Hi dazz1975, i've viewed your myfxbook link and i think your money in danger because now you have 62 open order with total loss -A$433.16..

Comment

It is not too bad Anna. Only 4.34%DD which is within my tolerance for DD. Not ideal but the system is a reversal system and the last week has not been ideal. The profitable trades are exceeding the loss trades so equity all be only up approximately 1% is not horrendous.

I am working on a trending EA to offset reversal if conditions are not idea.

I am going to setup a 10% max drawdown for the current system just to ensure capital is preserved. I just have not had the time.

Last edited by dazz1975; 05-27-2018, 08:24 AM.

Comment

3 weeks in and you can clearly see its a bad system. You will hit the 10% DD sooner than later. Even if the system is profitable long term, the calmar ratio will be similar to SteadyCapture.

Comment

I think you maybe right Xinvestor. Reversal system may kill me in trending market. It is too heavily euro orientated.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you should focus more on a strategy thats more selective in terms of set ups and start using SL. In my experience strategies that work best are the ones with very limited number of trades.

Comment

Well system has closed out some orders and it is working it's way out of drawdown. It is definitely a bit worrying with multiple pairs trending. I will add a few other EA's this weekend to offset the reversal system when it is trending.

Comment

It has been just over a month and gains of approximately 5.4% which Iam happy with.

DD was moderate at 8.61%.

I have now got this running on a $20,000 real account at half risk. Hoping to not exceed anymore than 5%DD on the real account.

Comment

Fingers crossed!
                  Remember what I said about running robots on same currency. Pick different crosses - that should lower potential DD exposure.

Comment

Give me 13 pairs thanks ace which are not correlated :P

Comment

hehe definitely you wont have 13 pairs...
                      try EURUSD, AUDCAD, GBPNZD, and something with JPY maybe NZDJPY or CADJPY. (I dont trade CHF since Jan 2015...).

Comment

Equity is now over 12% for one months and one week. Very happy with the system currently. Will continue to monitor closely.

Last edited by dazz1975; 06-15-2018, 08:33 PM.

Comment

doesn't look that bad actually, keep it up... coding ea's is awesome, especially debugging and perfecting it
                          just make sure you pick the right pairs.

i see screenshot is from a demo, perhaps its good to test on demo first with all possible pairs, and filter out the bad ones from the good ones?

anyways, keep it up and good luck!
                          Beta testing HansTrend v2 with 8 BetaTesters for 3 months!
                          See:goo.gl/tEcEV6

Comment

Thanks Hans. Running it on a $20,000 live account at same lot size with different pairs. I do have alot of correlation so I need to rethink pairs. So effectively half the risk on a live account.

Still alot of work to do and i would like to add a few different EA's to diversify. I have a few ideas but I am time poor with work commitments.

Comment

Change:

AUDCAD
                              EURCHF
                              CHFJPY
                              DE30
                              EURAUD
                              AUDSGD
                              CHINA5
                              ES35
                              AUDUSD
                              EURUSD
                              NZDCAD
                              EURNZD
                              CHFSGD
                              AUDCHF
                              US30
                              EURCAD
                              NZDCHF

into 3 different set ups

SET1: 8X MOST TRADED

EUR/USD
                              USD/JPY
                              GBP/USD
                              USD/CHF
                              AUD/USD
                              EUR/GBP
                              USD/CAD
                              EUR/JPY

SET2: 8X SEMI-MINOR PAIRS / EXOTICS (select the ones of which ONLY 1 symbol is MAJOR (see list above), so for example CADCHF can't because it included CAD (USD/CAD) as well as CHF (USDCHF), but the ones below can:

NZD/CHF
                              NZD/USD
                              USD/THB
                              USD/SGD

AND AVOID pairs which do NOT include 1 of the mayors as well, for example skip the ones like HKDSGD which is waaaay to Exotic

SET3:

DE30
                              ES35
                              US30
                              and so on 5 more...
                              8 of them if you have

Then you can see and compare which one performs better

I personally always either select everything possible from a broker, and then (if not at start) seperate them all into smaller sections, starting at $100 dollar IC Markets accounts. I select $100 if Im doing 10 forward tests, and $500 if only 2 accounts, and so on for each system/strategy. I skip demo testing

Anyway, maybe you can do something with it

Cheers
                              Last edited by Hans Bowles; 06-17-2018, 02:13 PM.
                              Beta testing HansTrend v2 with 8 BetaTesters for 3 months!
                              See:goo.gl/tEcEV6

Comment

Working...
                              X