No announcement yet.

Olymp Trade reviews (olymptrade.com)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AHAHAHH, that’s funny. Yeap, you are right. Maybe it’s time to accept the fact that all brokers offer more or less same trading conditions, charge same commissions but name them differently to create an illusion of choice. I’ll better focus on my trading performance.

Comment

Good point! Focusing on a trading strategy and trading performance is the best investment of time and effort. However, I also need to mention here that there can be a number of other reasons why brokers offer unbelievable payout rates apart from unfulfillable conditions for getting those. The first thing that comes to mind: its a trap. They can offer 95 or even 99% simply because they don’t care - they don’t plan to allow you your profits anyway. So this is when we must check out whether such brokerages have any regulations. The most important reason why I chose Olymp is that it’s regulated with FinaCom - an analogue of CySec which is supposed to do broker’s appraisal. It is obliged to pay out up to 20K to traders who have lost their money due to scam conducted by a brokerage that is registered with FinaCOM.

Comment

Good to know. I didn’t even know Olymp is a member of FinaCOM. I hope though I’ll never have to complain to this organization. I’d rather keep making money with Olymp little by little and keep withdrawing the profits safely.

Comment

Good point! Focusing on a trading strategy and trading performance is the best investment of time and effort. However, I also need to mention here that there can be a number of other reasons why brokers offer unbelievable payout rates apart from unfulfillable conditions for getting those. The first thing that comes to mind: its a trap. They can offer 95 or even 99% simply because they don’t care - they don’t plan to allow you your profits anyway. So this is when we must check out whether such brokerages have any regulations. The most important reason why I chose Olymp is that it’s regulated with FinaCom - an analogue of CySec which is supposed to do broker’s appraisal. It is obliged to pay out up to 20K to traders who have lost their money due to scam conducted by a brokerage that is registered with FinaCOM.
          Don’t you guys think that no spreads approach of Olymp (at least the website says there are no spreads - not sure if it’s true) is a trap too? Who in a world would let you trade and don’t get the profit. Sorry if I missed some info, didn’t read the whole thread
          Last edited by Agajurus; 03-16-2020, 04:49 PM.

Comment

If there were neither spread nor commission that would have been really suspicious. But Olymp - just like hundreds of other brokerages - uses either spread or commission approach. The good thing about Olymp in particular regarding this matter is:
            they give a choice
            they don’t apply hidden fees (i.e withdrawal fees, maintenance fee, etc)
            If has not always been like that. They’ve introduces spreads VS commissions this year only.

Comment

Thank you, I got the idea, yeah, this sounds good enough to consider the brokerage. But I don’t see where one can switch from one type of an account to another. Thank you in advance for the advice!

Comment

The commission approach will depend on a trading platform you prefer here. Search Olymp Trade + MT4 to find the link to register for Metatrader platform trading account. There you will be offered to apply for either ECN or Standard account. With ECN they will have zero spreads but commission, but for standard they have spreads and no commissions.

Comment

Keep in mind MT4 is only for forex trading. You won’t be able to trade options there, which is a great disadvantage of MT4 in my opinion. Olymp has always been known to be options and forex, not just a forex company. SO if you are interested in both - better simply register a regular account with no connection to MT4. You will have to settle for commission and zero spread approach in this case, but I don’t think anyone would consider it to be a problem. If you don’t scalp in 15 seconds timeframes, you won’t see much difference anyway.

Comment

Colleagues, is Olymp any good for long term trading? Don’t you think that gold could be a good investment at these times?

Comment

If you plan to invest in some asset and just leave it, Olymp is ok for this purpose. The only thing - I wouldn’t suggest using max leverage for this purpose. 10X, maybe 20x, don’t use more than that. The problem is you never know what kind of news are gonna be issued during the weekend in example. Like it happened with oil last month, when OPEC started damping the price and thousands of traders went broke overnight. So keep the risks in mind and don’t play with the money you can’t afford losing.

Comment

I think Olymp is more of an intraday trading platform. Yes, you can invest in a long-term trade here, but the platform will not let you look deep into the history of the asset to perform a proper analysis. The max depth here is about a year, which is totally fine for swing trading and intraday, but not enough for investment decisions. So you’ll need to use some other source to look deep into the charts and then trade here.

Comment

Thank you everybody for the answers! To tell the truth my idea to invest in gold has nothing to do with technical analysis. It's just a common sense that tells gold has always been a safe haven for capital, when markets were stormed. I’ll be careful about the leverage, thanks again for pointing that out.

Comment

I won’t be so sure about the safe haven. The times have changed. Since dollar is no longer tied to gold reserve, the precious metal can no longer be considered a good investment at all times. I’d suggest Zoom, but its a bit late now ) Seriously, why don’t you look at some stocks instead? Or consider daytrading. Olymp is good for daytrading, and if you are disciplined enough, this can be a stable source of the income that would not depend on any OPEC meetings, Trump’s tweets or that kind of stuff.

Comment

Yeah, I think I'll just leave the idea with long-term investments for now. As you've mentioned already, Olymp is more of a day-trading broker. I'd rather invest with some broker that specializes in those kinds of things.

Comment

Your april idea with gold wasn't bad at all. I constantly come back to the idea of forex trading myself. Not that I plan to buy-n-hold, like you've planned with gold, but holding some positions overnight does offer some new opportunities and I'm trying to find some time to try the approach at least in a demo mode to start with.

Comment

Working...
                                X