No announcement yet.

IC Markets Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This message from IC Mkts came through on MT4 on my vps server, some of you may not have seen it so posting here for general inf. in case:

13th October

Network Service Disruptions

Dear Trader,

IC Markets would like to acknowledge the network disruptions that occurred over the last week and a half, and extend an apology to any trader who was affected. IC Markets strives for 100% uptime of our network and platforms to provide traders with the best possible trading environment. This is why we must stress that we take incidents like this very seriously and have taken immediate steps to mitigate the risk of another disruption as well as implemented larger plans to overhaul our network and hosting infrastructure entirely.

For just over a week IC Markets has had intermittent internet related failures which meant some clients were unable to connect to our MT4 servers. Monday 5th was hardware related whereas issues over the remainder of the week and early this week were ISP related. As a result this ISP has been completely removed from our infrastructure indefinitely. The removal process of the ISP caused downstream issues which is why there was continued disruptions to the service today. Now that the ISP is removed we do not foresee the same issue occurring, however, we remain on high alert for the rest of the week.

Encouragingly the causes for the issues were identified in real time although the fixes that were put in place to restore immediate connectivity took longer than we would all like. Again, we have to acknowledge that this isn’t good enough and take we encourage anyone affected by the disruption to contact support@icmarkets.com. IC Markets are fully committed to ensuring we maintain the most reliable trading infrastructure possible.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for trading at IC Markets. If you would like a call to discuss the above further then please let our support team know support@icmarkets.com.

Comment

• Anyone still using this bucket shop is a ******.

Comment

• down again
        Last edited by Pianetti; 10-14-2015, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• "we do not foresee the same issue occurring"

I've been with IC Markets for a long time but to be honest I'm now getting frustrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by interceptor View Post
            "we do not foresee the same issue occurring"

I've been with IC Markets for a long time but to be honest I'm now getting frustrated.
            They keep going down. It's time to process moving funds away it's a crisis for them. Millions on the line with no access. 10 days of bad time outs. In the first place they should have been prepared.

Comment

• ICMarkets are down due to these guys -

http://leaprate.com/2015/10/onezero-...ate-exclusive/

They are switching to a different provider over the weekend. So from next week the issues should be resolved.

Originally posted by Waleed121 View Post
              They keep going down. It's time to process moving funds away it's a crisis for them. Millions on the line with no access. 10 days of bad time outs. In the first place they should have been prepared.

Comment

• As expected. No reimbursement for trades that were not open

Comment

• I will give them till next Friday. If there uptime is still poor I am out of there. Last thing you want is for a freeze during FOMC and then you would be chasing your tail for a refund

Comment

• Originally posted by Zuttasoxx View Post
                    As expected. No reimbursement for trades that were not open
                    What exact trade are you asking for? I'm interested if it was a missed signal one. Or a missed pending order. How exactly were you going to make money? I've got to go over my accounts and see what's what to see if I was effected. Meanwhile the ST VPS went down so I stuck with Kilimanjaro trades....who's going to refund me for losses? The VPS company I doubt it. In fact of course they won't..sucks.

Comment

• I'm also at IC Markets. My simpletrader EA disconnects every day and is not connect for up to 30 min. Does anyone else have this problem?

Comment

• Disconnected again for over 30 mins, really stressful.

Got same response from IC Markets they said they will not reimburse for trades that were opened and closed by a signal whilst they were down. I gave them the times for the Viper trade that was missed and they said they will not reimburse - also no apology from them either.

Comment

• I'm still disconnected in another 10 mins it'll be an hour

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Its not like I (you) can just close the IC account and move on to another broker either. Not at least until all Viper's trades are closed which won't be for while I guess. Then there's the time it takes to withdraw funds, open another account and transfer funds to the new broker. Then loss of profit from new trades that setup during the process. Its a right pain in the old toe!

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottFX View Post
                              Disconnected again for over 30 mins, really stressful.

Got same response from IC Markets they said they will not reimburse for trades that were opened and closed by a signal whilst they were down. I gave them the times for the Viper trade that was missed and they said they will not reimburse - also no apology from them either.
                              Really? Have you pushed hard for it? That's really surprising. Was that just live help that said they wouldn't?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                                Really? Have you pushed hard for it? That's really surprising. Was that just live help that said they wouldn't?
                                Ive got chat transcript send to my email for prove but one of the support guys confirmed i will be reimbursed however im not sure for how much, i insisted because of the disconnections i was not able to place a short position to average out/break even my drawdown on my own manual account, so i told them i hold them responsible for my account if it margin calls as i ws not able to place a short at the time at 1.14 which would have allowed me to close. etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X