No announcement yet.

IC Markets Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a discussion yesterday with IC about this issue. They'll be releasing a statement next week with details, however the problem seem to be when they switch between their main liquidity provider Intergral and the backup Currenex.

It's definitely not deliberate.
    Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Thanks Nick,

Us ICM'ers really appreciate it

Apart from the news issues, and some minor slippage issues, ICM is still a top pick broker. So fingers crossed they can nip these issues in the bud.

Comment

Thanks Nick, I had problems with them too where limit orders weren't getting filled and closing trades was a battle at one point on Thursday. My mt4 even lost connection. I didn't lose, but it cost me on reduced profit.

Comment

I dont mind paying 30% tax, if its legal in india
          Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

Either I'm losing my mind or this thread is getting mixed up with this http://www.forexsignals.com/forum/sh...x-implications

Comment

Yep, I noticed that too. Gremlins in the wires.

Comment

Has anyone noticed the Local Bank Transfer function with IC Markets, I paid them today using this feature through my internet banking and only inserted sort code / account number / and payment reference over to their party Global Collect - when I paid it I used the normal Pay a Person feature in my Intenret banking as its a UK Bank I paid it to, so its like sending money to a friend to his account etc. Is it a realiable straightforward as it seems? Im told may even take 5 working days etc, blimey... I just hope the funds go over to my account.... If anyone knows and would like to comment, didnt particular like paying 3% fee!
                Last edited by Waleed121; 08-12-2014, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Waleed, I'd recommend filling out the bank transfer form online, take a pic / screengrab, and send it to the accounts team at ICM first for confirmation before you hit send.

I did a bank transfer a few months ago from an AU bank to their local bank, and even though I used their details exactly the funds never made it, and were returned to my account 7 days later. No less than 2 intermediary banks took out fees and charges for the pleasure of this service, including my local bank, which in total got up over $100 or so (since it was in USD).

When I raised it with ICM they said it was their fault and they would refund, but then they decided not too as it's against their policy and didn't want to set a precident.
                  It turns out they recently changed one of their account numbers on the transfer page.

So if you get them to approve it first, this will maximise your odds of it going through 1st time, and if it goes missing they bear more responsibility I guess. Should be 3 or 4 biz days max for a successful transfer.

Comment

Thanks timo, I emailed accounts and raised it with them first hand and told them to chase it, I was told by ICM Livechat that they have never had an issue with a falseflag money transfer, I was sick of paying 3% fees on my deposits so I needed to find another solution and tried this, I cant see anything wrong with doing it this way though as how else do people send over 20,000USD etc?

Comment

Bummer ... I didn't realise you'd already sent it!

I'm sure it will be fine. But I feel your pain there. ICM chat aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

Have you considered Netteller? ICM have no fee transfers both ways to Netteller. Unsure if there is a maximum however. And not sure if i'd be comfortable running more than a few k through Netteller. Maybe 4x 5k lots?

Comment

I use this method from the UK and have never had a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdHypno View Post
                          I use this method from the UK and have never had a problem.
                          Would you kindly mention when you sent this via Internet Banking you just inserted the information i posted earlier?

the Sort code/acc number/payment reference, Payee name, as you know in the UK this is all is required to send to a UK Bank / partner / associate etc.

Also how long did you wait?

Cheers ColdHypno.

Comment

It was Global Collect. I don't want to post the other details here, but yes the sort code does look a little strange becuase of the zeros, it's not an issue though. Normally have to wait 3 working days.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdHypno View Post
                              It was Global Collect. I don't want to post the other details here, but yes the sort code does look a little strange becuase of the zeros, it's not an issue though. Normally have to wait 3 working days.

Comment

If you want to deposit money via Internet Banking then you might need to look at their user control Panel for funding options.
                                You can also check this document for their accounts details.
                                You can ask ICM Live chat / support for further details.

Comment

Working...
                                X