IC Markets Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a shot:
    Maybe ICM has no fun in going forward with 500:1 for the traders that play the "barrier".

Comment

Unless you're running very high risk 1:100 should be more than enough to follow TradeAlerter.

It's obviously not appreciated, but I don't see it being a major problem. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
      Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

I just mean generally, not in relation to TA. There is a signal from Milan that runs solely on EURCHF I assume those people will have to change broker.

Comment

Hi Nick,

It's only because it affects lotsize calculation. Therefore everyone has to decide if it's OK to follow a trader with this pair enabled or not.
          As the consequence on margin might not be obvious to new followers or newbies if you run on 500:1 on all pairs but EURCHF combined with the risk setting in ST I'm wondering if this has to be communicated somehow.

I had disabled EURCHF for all signals I'm following before, therefore I'm totally fine with that.

Originally posted by Nick View Post
          Unless you're running very high risk 1:100 should be more than enough to follow TradeAlerter.

It's obviously not appreciated, but I don't see it being a major problem. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Got an email from Icmarkets.

We're currently experiencing a technical issue with our servers at the moment and are unable to create any new trading accounts.

We are currently working on getting this issue resolved, I will set up the requested account for you as soon as we can. Apologies for any inconveniences.
            Kind Regards,

Paul Wallace | Support | IC Markets

Since one week they are trying to solve the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
              Hi Pearcey,

Have they now applied the discount to your account?

There was a screw up internally with their systems about a week ago which resulted in everyone on our profile being reset. I asked them to apply the discount to everyone that I could remember was eligible, however it sounds like I missed a couple.

Just let me know if it's not been fixed and I'll shoot them an email.

Thanks

Nick

I have a VIP account at IC markets and I pay 7 USD/lot.. Am I paying too much? Is it supposed to be 5.5 USD? Cause I want the reduced commission.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuttasoxx View Post
                I have a VIP account at IC markets and I pay 7 USD/lot.. Am I paying too much? Is it supposed to be 5.5 USD? Cause I want the reduced commission.
                The VIP account is on the standard $7 per lot. We can organise discount down to $5.50, however you'll lose the VIP status and need to subscribe to the signals individually.

The rebates are used to pay the traders and fund the site this isn't workable with a rebate of only $0.50 per lot.
                Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Thanks. I thought so too until that post confused me. Thank you

Comment

With ic markets reducing leverage during ecb could we see this as a reoccurring issue, I'm slightly concerned in this regard, this will obviously affect us attempting to use leverage to make buck. Anyone who knows icmarkets can comment?

Comment

I am interested to join VIP. What do you think to invest $20k in IC Markets? Is broker still safe after CHF "story"? Is better to invest in AxiTrader?

I'm a little worried and I have a bad feeling.

Comment

Hello smejko,

I'm with ICM from the start of my forex journey, but due to the last posts of members of our community regarding ICM I will get me a second broker.
                        I think you should ask Will or Nick what they think which broker should be used best to follow their signals after this CHF issue and the ongoing discussions.

I'm quite sure that they have much closer connection and experience than we have.

ESG

Originally posted by smejko View Post
                        I am interested to join VIP. What do you think to invest $20k in IC Markets? Is broker still safe after CHF "story"? Is better to invest in AxiTrader?

I'm a little worried and I have a bad feeling.

Comment

I have traded with IC Markets for about 8 months now and up until the problem with the chf I thought that they were OK.

However after having an account wiped out to the tune of 14500 I am less than impressed.

I had a pending trade on the chfspd to buy with a take profit target 20 pips above. The buy was activated over 100 pips above the pending order price. and in the next 20 seconds the whole account was wiped out with no data to support it. This occurred within 3 seconds of the announcement.

It is obvious to anyone whom looks at the data that there is a problem with the data feed.

I have tried to work with IC Markets to address the problem but I now know that I am wasting my time.
                          There response has been extremely unprofessional to say the least.
                          I have been both polite and patient all to no avail.
                          In my case IC Markets has profited by my loss I was on the right side of the CHF movement yet still had my account annihilated.

They don't reply to emails, don't supply data that supports any decision they make and just send out form emails.

I am now going to take my case to the FOS.

I traded with 2 accounts as well as I traded on behalf of a partner. All together abut 50,000 and earned them commissions of about 2000 a month.
                          They can now kiss that goodbye as well as having one very pissed of customer who will make it there business to discourage others to deal with them.

There handling of their customers have been sham-full and they have damaged what up until now has been a good reputation.

I'm sure the fallout will continue.

Comment

Originally posted by HungryHound View Post
                            In my case IC Markets has profited by my loss I was on the right side of the CHF movement yet still had my account annihilated.

They don't reply to emails, don't supply data that supports any decision they make and just send out form emails.
                            Hungryhound, It is a known fact that almost all brokers were affected by the CHF move. Being a member in number of forums, i should say that ICM have been making genuine attempts to try and establish contact with their clients & help adjust the affected trades and accounts caused due to erroneous feed from LQ providers. In forums like Forex factory and forexsignals, i saw that the head of trading desk, Angus wanted to get in touch with the clients directly to clarify their issues and queries. I am not sure what else a broker should do to earn your trust.

Also, IC Markets is a True ECN broker and there is no possibility of them to profit from your trades unlike a B-book broker. This was personally confirmed by the Admin of Forexsignals when he was invited for lunch by the IC Markets MD https://www.forexsignals.com/forum/s...-of-IC-Markets, In fact, i recently read that they are covering for the negative balance of their clients http://forexmagnates.com/ic-markets-...nc-volatility/.

Comment

Hello,

What is difference betwen servers?

01,02,03,04? Which one is best?

BR

Comment

I really get frustrated with ICM sometimes. It took them 4 days just to open up an MAMM sub account with ReBorn. Now to transfer funds it will take another 2 days. Every time i have to deal with their Customer support is like talking to a brick wall. Very unresponsive and slow service.

Comment

Working...
                                X