Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asad (Reborn)

Yes! It's frustrating.
    Damn we got data coming in one hour...do you know how long it will be down for?

Comment

• Which of their servers are you referring to guys?

Comment

• Thanks Asad, very strange - I am running on both of these servers & no problem from CNS or ST VPS

Comment

• There was an mt4 update to new version earlier on in the day as well.

Comment

• I had 2 x 20 minutes outage on Server 2 Live, there may have been more also, I thought it was Friday night here.

Anyway, they were very blase about it on Live Chat, and you never get an email from support to acknowledge there was a problem, say sorry or an explanation even ???

Not only that, execution speed is terrible, delays every time; are they doing the old give you the worst price possible trick? Just read the trade room about that!

This has me seriously checking out other ECN brokers in Australia........

Comment

• Did anyone trade gold today? I had sell stop order slipped so much I don't know how... Here is my log: order #21556689 sell stop 0.60 XAUUSD at 1278.95 activated at price 1274.35

Can this happen? This is the first time a pending order got slipped. Isn't the point of pending orders to get executed only if the price is at that level if not then it's not activated?

I spoke to chat and they just wrote some excuse that there is no max. slippage... I asked them to check their tick data. Did anyone have the similar experience and what did you do?

Comment

• Originally posted by oportunis View Post
                Did anyone trade gold today? I had sell stop order slipped so much I don't know how... Here is my log: order #21556689 sell stop 0.60 XAUUSD at 1278.95 activated at price 1274.35

Can this happen? This is the first time a pending order got slipped. Isn't the point of pending orders to get executed only if the price is at that level if not then it's not activated?

I spoke to chat and they just wrote some excuse that there is no max. slippage... I asked them to check their tick data. Did anyone have the similar experience and what did you do?
                Welcome to the world of forex. Unless you are a huge HFT firm, you will get the worst possible fills as a retail trader. I think this happens on most brokers, not just ICM. This is why every broker always has that warning about trading during volatile news announcements isn't a good idea (i.e. NFP). Although I agree that this is unacceptable. I've been slipped $15 on gold once with Tallinex - that wasn't fun..

Comment

• Originally posted by klass View Post

Welcome to the world of forex. Unless you are a huge HFT firm, you will get the worst possible fills as a retail trader. I think this happens on most brokers, not just ICM. This is why every broker always has that warning about trading during volatile news announcements isn't a good idea (i.e. NFP). Although I agree that this is unacceptable. I've been slipped $15 on gold once with Tallinex - that wasn't fun..

Yes, the problem is there were no news. Normal market hours, but yes the bar you showed is the one that caused all this. I thought that pending orders can't be slipped so much as they are placed for everyone to see and therefore executed before market orders. 46 pips is huge slippage for "true ECN". I'm waiting for reply from the broker, to see what happened with tick on that time.

If I would change my retail account to MAM, do you think it would be better? I remember Viper didn't have problems with servers or slippage.

Comment

• Originally posted by oportunis View Post

Yes, the problem is there were no news. Normal market hours, but yes the bar you showed is the one that caused all this. I thought that pending orders can't be slipped so much as they are placed for everyone to see and therefore executed before market orders. 46 pips is huge slippage for "true ECN". I'm waiting for reply from the broker, to see what happened with tick on that time.

If I would change my retail account to MAM, do you think it would be better? I remember Viper didn't have problems with servers or slippage.
                    Nothing guarantees that your order will be filled at the exact price that you desire, not even pending orders. I don't think a mam account would be any better, unless you're talking about signal copying versus mamm; then mamm will have the same entry/exit as the master acc.

Comment

• No, I would use MAM only to get filled first against other traders They replied that tick jumped 46 pips and they executed at next price. I wrote to them that other brokers didn't have such gap and it's their fault. I'm pushing for a refund as I didn't do anything wrong. We'll see how it goes.

What about FIX API? This goes directly to liquidity provider, no mt4, no aggregator, no intermediary, but I don't know if ICM offers this.

Comment

• IC Markets lost pricing for 17 mins right in middle of ECB conference, lucky not much happened during that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by littlemax View Post
                          IC Markets lost pricing for 17 mins right in middle of ECB conference, lucky not much happened during that time.
                          Littlemax, is there anything to do about this? stop loss doesn't work, no chance to close orders for 15 mins, i had bigger losses than expected. I complained but did not even get an apology.

Comment

• Originally posted by emiliano13 View Post

Littlemax, is there anything to do about this? stop loss doesn't work, no chance to close orders for 15 mins, i had bigger losses than expected. I complained but did not even get an apology.
                            You could lodge a trade investigation from the form in your IC back office profile & they will get back to you about it, good luck - I haven't had much success in the past with this though myself although if it's their fault through server downtime you might get something. I tried to upload the form but file size is too large. Just login to your IC profile & look under Information>Trade Investigation form, fill & email to them. The issue didn't affect my open trades this time even though I had no control over trades. I monitored the price action using Axitrader account & I would be submitting the form myself if anything had affected my account. Always helps if you have SL or TP in place with a dispute.
                            Last edited by littlemax; 04-27-2017, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• Hi guys,

I did the test to put an order in the spread in a trueECN account (i.e. buy limit gbpcad @ 1.6325 when bid ask is 1.6320 1.634) but I don't see the bid change to my 1.6325. Why? It's a trueECN account

I put on youtube a recording of the issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndRaNL1Nlh0 and it is very different from what should happen on a trueECN account at GKFX ECN (min3 of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4ElG5-Rw8k )

why it is not the same with ICM trueECN?

It happens always and it's very easy to be tested at sunday market open thanks to very big spread or in pairs with high spread like EURNOK

Can someone do a similar test on a STP account and share the result?

Official comment of ICM was:

The price feed is coming directly from our liquidity providers, and the prices depend on many varying factors, such as market conditions at that time, general market sentiment etc. A client's limit order is not going to impact this pricing, in fact since you are trading in a true ECN environment the liquidity providers who your trades are filled with do not have access to see where your pending orders are placed.

nevertheless I am still curious about the reason of this happening here and not at GKFX ECN

what do you think about it?

update: I noticed that GKFX video is done on a demo account, this is strange because the bid should not change not being a real order on the market, this is quite confusing for me
                              Last edited by BMM; 08-04-2017, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X