X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big River Man
    replied
    Originally posted by nwboater View Post
    I believe this is related to much of the ICM downtime this past week: http://leaprate.com/2015/10/onezero-...ate-exclusive/ Lets not trash a mostly good broker over something that may be outside their control.

This attack unfortunately also affected Beeks VPS for several hours. I was down on not just ICM but also Axi and Rubix at my VPS. Interestingly they were all fine when logging in from my PC.

It does not make a lot of sense for me to quit ICM, Axi, Rubix and Beeks over this issue.

Cheers,
    Rod
    Good call. You were correct

Leave a comment:

• FX Magician
    replied
    Email from ICM -

Dear Trader,

This email is to update you on the network service disruptions IC Markets have been experiencing intermittently over the last two weeks.

IC Markets (ICM) servers are hosted by oneZero Financial (OZF) in the Equinix NY4 data center in New York. Since the 5th of October public internet access to our servers and to that of all OZF hosted clients has been disrupted on an intermittent basis, mostly during the European and North American trading sessions.

Initially OZF informed us that the cause of the disruptions were hardware and ISP related. Given the nature of the outages this made complete sense so ICM and OZF acted on this basis and took appropriate measures to fix what was then believed to be the problem. Shortly after ICM communicated this to clients the network went down again. It was at this stage that OZF informed us that the outages were in fact the result of a deliberate denial of service (DDoS) attack against their entire network. We must stress that a DDoS attack is not ‘hacking’, it is an effort bring down a network to stop people from accessing a server.

Before we continue explaining what happened, we have to address the seriousness of the issue and the lack of information flow from IC Markets. At no stage during the DDoS attacks which lasted between 20 minutes to just over 1 hour was any client’s information or trading account compromised. ICM and OZF believe that the attacks occurred purely for the purpose of causing mass disruption to all clients of ICM and OZF. We have been unable to email clients to inform you of the attack until now, after they have stopped, as this may have introduced new risks.

These are extremely special circumstances that we must take full responsibility for and which we must make right with you, our clients. We are committed to ensuring that all affected clients are heard by our support team and management, and reimbursements are made where appropriate so no client bears a loss as a direct result of these attacks.

IC Markets have been working frantically with oneZero and other service providers to put measures in place to prevent such attacks in the future. Some of the measures we have taken include adding another 15 MetaTrader 4 data centers (currently the most of any broker globally), working with ISPs to manage our traffic better and a complete overhaul of our NY4 setup and its redundancy to other data centers across the globe.

We value you as a customer and want you to know that we are doing everything in our power to make this right. If you were affected by the network disruptions over the last week or would like a call for a more comprehensive explanation then please contact our support team support@icmarkets.com.

Kind Regards,
    IC Markets

Leave a comment:

• riyasg
    replied
    True as its technical issue, but they have to compensate the orders which got effected during the outage if they are professional company. If they say cannot compensate then who is responsible for our loss? I had 4 orders went in huge loss and asked for compensation. If they are not refunding I will surely go ahead and file legal case.

Thanks

Originally posted by nwboater View Post
    I believe this is related to much of the ICM downtime this past week: http://leaprate.com/2015/10/onezero-...ate-exclusive/ Lets not trash a mostly good broker over something that may be outside their control.

This attack unfortunately also affected Beeks VPS for several hours. I was down on not just ICM but also Axi and Rubix at my VPS. Interestingly they were all fine when logging in from my PC.

It does not make a lot of sense for me to quit ICM, Axi, Rubix and Beeks over this issue.

Cheers,
    Rod

Leave a comment:

• nwboater
    replied

Cheers,
    Rod

Leave a comment:

• littlemax
    replied
    IC appear to be working on the connection issue as can been seen in the MT4 connection status box - constantly changing & new server info appearing there. Monday will be interesting to see what has changed.
    Last edited by littlemax; 10-15-2015, 11:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• srk121
    replied
    BRM - I am with you on the reimbursement. I have been having trouble following up with this whole mess. I have 7 different accounts with them, and missed 11 trades from respective signals.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ICM down :S horrable

Leave a comment:

• Waleed121
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick View Post
    I'm happy to go into bat for us, however I will say that based on my previous experience with them I'm skeptical that they're going to offer any goodwill.
    Nick - whats the point in working with them if there is no goodwill? Why dont move the x3 to Axi who treat you/us better? In a scenario of disaster like this what if Viper was in trouble? Lucky enough it's not the case though......

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
    I've told them that I will gather a bunch of people together if missed trades are honoured..Nick of course will have WAY more clout..still lets wait till dust settles..Meanwhile drawdown increases
    I'm happy to go into bat for us, however I will say that based on my previous experience with them I'm skeptical that they're going to offer any goodwill.

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottFX View Post
    My reply was from their email support .Down over two hours now for me .
    Ok mate we'll just have to touch base afterwards as they're swamped right now. We'll fix it

Leave a comment:

• ScottFX
    replied
    My reply was from their email support .Down over two hours now for me .

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    I've told them that I will gather a bunch of people together if missed trades are honoured..Nick of course will have WAY more clout..still lets wait till dust settles..Meanwhile drawdown increases

Leave a comment:

• Isochronous
    replied
    Call in the lawyers and threaten to sue them.

Leave a comment:

• Waleed121
    replied
    Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
    Yep I am down too. If I miss any viper trades and am not reimburse then I'll leave. Let's just wait till this is all done and dusted and if they won't reimburse individual people then what we can do is say we'll leave. If we get 10 people or more we'll get our money. We can then also approach another broker as a strong group to get a better deal if we leave. Can't have this and not be reimburse. Simple as that.

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    Yep I am down too. If I miss any viper trades and am not reimburse then I'll leave. Let's just wait till this is all done and dusted and if they won't reimburse individual people then what we can do is say we'll leave. If we get 10 people or more we'll get our money. We can then also approach another broker as a strong group to get a better deal if we leave. Can't have this and not be reimburse. Simple as that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X