No announcement yet.

Trade.com reviews on IPOs investment opportunities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't agree about the limited risks. Pharmaceuticals have always been the riskiest assets to invest in. Yet, the potential is equally huge, I can agree with that.

Comment

Thanks guys, was hoping to hear that as I actually invested 1K in Biopharma last month. I promised myself to forget about this investment and not remember of it till next year.
      So far I keep daytrading with a regular CFD account here. Same story, near zero result so far.

Comment

sorry to hear about the near zero result. I know the feeling and it really sucks. You feel like just one more little effort - and there you go, ur the winner. Yet, this doesn't work like this. Wish you to find your way and trade succesfully!
        I actually wanted to ask about your tradecom biopharma portfolio. Do they simply copy the industry leaders to portfolio of there is some kind of another way of picking the companies to be included in the investment list?

Comment

Thanks for the words of support. I actually start thinking that balancing near a zero summ game is not that bad. SO mahy daytraders keep losing money and I don't lose it, and moreover I gain more experience and new ideas.
          As for the protfolio. No, I don't think this works exactly like that. From what I see, yeah, they have some industry leader like Johnson&Johnson and AbbVie in the list of portfolio, but there are some top-10 pharmaceutical companies that are not even on the list.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! Do you get to know the share of each company in the portfolio?

Comment

Yup, tha'ts smth that is shared with the investor. I simply don't get to know the reasoning and methods they use to perform the analysis.

Comment

Dis you ever consider trade.com diversified portfolio management? Their alternative portfolios look nice, especially the quant portfolio. 13 years of performance with 6% return on average. Not bad as I see it.

Comment

Personally I prefer to stay away from quant methods. This is some kind of a black magic going on there which I can't understand.
                  Moreover, look, there is a definite correlation with SnP500 there. Just look at the chart there, on the page with description. This is a warning sign IMHO. I wouldn't want to be there in this investment if SNP500 starts another rollercoaster ride down.

Comment

Oh, ok. Personally I don't see anything wrong with algo trading. its probably true that human mind can perceive and analyse market data better than some algo (especially if we speak of experienced pros), yet, machines are definitely better in executions. They don't know fear and don't know tilt.

Comment

I completely agree with the above. And I also have to note that there is no direct correlation with SNP500 speaking of the discussed algo. Trade.com's quant portfolio performed fine in 2008. While SNP500 experienced 45% drawdown by Feb2009, the algo did +22%.
                      I think you were mistaken because of the recent years, cause the algo performed pretty much as good as the index itself.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Jeez, Quant results look really impressive! the most interesting thing about it is that impressive returns are combined with only around 11% max drawdown, which is a VERY good number for quantitative strategy. I'd say even 30% drawdown is normally ok for similar strategies. These guys really impress me.

Comment

Speaking of drawdowns, you need to keep in mind that they only give you the numbers on historical performance. In case you (or anyone else) plan to invest, make sure you are ok with doubling this number. In other words, make sure you will be ok about having minus 22% on account at some point, because one of investro's rules of a thumb state that the worst is always ahead LOL

Comment

Well, in case the rule of the other thumb says that doubling the drawdown is actually the worst that can happen - I'm quite ready to accept the risk ))
                            I'm joking. I'm not investing in this quant algo. Not yet

Comment

I've just noticed the other automated strategy that is available for subscription at trade.com called Iapetus. The stats are only available for 2 years. In 2019 it had a -9% drawdown (with is an all time low of the system) and it's got a 40% return in 2020.

Comment

I wonder how these trading systems are created? And how many of them they create in order to offer new ones to the public once they start yielding profits.

Comment

Working...
                                X