No announcement yet.

Trade.com reviews on IPOs investment opportunities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These automated strategies are results of a hard work of a group of professional traders and developers. Sometimes it takes years to make them work properly and normally companies like trade.com or hedge funds focus on quality rather than on quality. Some choose the approach 'Trade more shit' , but you can always see that from what they offer.

Comment

I agree, it doesn't look as if they a 'quantity' guys. There are very few investment options available and only two of those are focused on lower timeframes and alternative quant approaches. Others are rather conservative with moderate to small expected returns.

Comment

ordinary people like us won't be interested in conservative. The size of the capital is not that big. Personally I understand why billionaires or even millionaires choose the old-fashined 10% of yearly returns with limited risks. On the other hand, if you only got a few thousand on account, you normally want to make a bigger stake and forse the action at least in the beginning.

Comment

Absolutely. This Iapetus strategy is open for as low as 5K investments. And yeah, I think that people would normally want to see these size of deposits to grow faster in the beginning. Adding couple hundred buck only would have been rather pitiful. This is all very individual though. I know some people can plan 20-30 years ahead and be ok with capitalizing profits.

Comment

You can think I'm crazy, but I don't seem anything wrong with the 'trade more shit' concept. I agree absolutely that people like us, that don't have millions to invest would be likely to choose Lapetus out of all the other strategies that trade.com offers. We can't wait for 30 years to let out investmetns grow enough. Yet, we do need some diversification to minimize the risks, don't we? How can we get this diversification of an invesment? Correct! Trade more shit!
            Of course I mean some real market inefficience that lie in the essense of such strategies, not the fake strategies or non-backtested ones. I mean the strategies that are risky and probably are temporarily profitable. Having a dozen of such strategies in portfolio can help with diversification and leave the chance to get above average ROI.

Comment

The argument is ok, but you've forgotten that running dozens of strategies requires enough principle. So at this poin we have to go back to the problem of having a sufficient capital.

Comment

Of course 'trade more shit' concept works better having enough diversification, yet algoes aren't always based on temporary market inefficiencies. Some of those work year after year. All you need to do is modify the strategy from time to time minding the seasonalities if necessary, or adopting the strategy to new market conditions. I am no sure what they do at Trade.com exactly and whether they implement such changes, but from what I've seen there, it looks like hey might. In this case you don't really put yoursef in much of a denager of depo loss but preserve the high ROI.

Comment

Yeap, it might not be a perpetum mobile, but at the same time if that actually works like that, you won't lose you money overnight. The sysem might lose its effectiveness, so you will see a gradual decrease in your earning and will have time to change the plan.

Comment

What's the point to delegate managing you money to professionals if you have to worry about it and be ready to stop at any time. I think doing business with reliable portfolio management is all about delegating them the job you are no good at.

Comment

Ahahaha, that makes sense. Yeap, we've forgot this point here. This is trust management that trade.com offers there. Trust is the keyword here.

Comment

Do you guys think 2021 is gonna be as good for investments as last year? I've just sold a country house and the plan was to invest in some stocks. At the moment I doubt stocks are gonna be a good idea so the other options are to invest in my own trading or delegate it to prefessionals as we've discussed here recently.

Comment

Looks like the market has been driven a lot by services like robinhood and revolut. So I guess a lot will depend on how they will handle this situation with Reddit VS HedgeFunds war.

Comment

I think you overestimate the impact of gamestop accident. Of course this is not an accident, and the impact of retail traders with under $1000 capital is rather significant, but the US government's impact was much stronger, IMHO.
                            Money was printed as if it was a game. So a lot will depend on COVID measures and US governmental support to business. I'm not sure they can print much more, so recession is rather possible.

Comment

Well, in both cases it looks like swing trading strategy or algo would be a good idea so that the capital can still grow under recession circumstances (whatever would be the causes of recession). I think I'll join Lapetus investors with trade.com.

Comment

Why lapetus? It's a new strategy. Trade.com has just started it last year from what I see. Investing in a risky strategy that has got a pretty significant drawdown and not enough performance statistics is probably not the wisest idea ever, don't you think so?

Comment

Working...
                                X