No announcement yet.

Trade.com reviews on IPOs investment opportunities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's got 47% yearly return and less than 10% drawdown that occured in 2019 in the very beginning of real-time dta collection on this strategy. Moreover, lapetus has got a good enough Sharpe ratio of 2.3. I can agree that there are not that many stats, but I don't see that many alternatives.
    image_5385.png

Comment

what do you think of Hyperion? It's got stats for over 10 years. Of course the profitability is not that great, but most of the years were profitable and it looks like it can yield around 10% yearly with similar max drawdowns (that we know based on 10 years live-trading stats!)

Comment

There are many disadvantages that I see here. First of all profitability. I don't invest too much and I wnat the money to work well enough and I'm ready to risk for this purpose. If it was the capital that I had saved for my pension, I'd probaby didn't even look at lapetus. However, this money I can afford loosing, that's why I what it to be the opportunity.
        Secondly I'm not impressed by hyperion sharpe ratio at all.
        Thirdly, it requires 10K to invest from scratch. That's twice the amount I got ready to invest now.

Comment

Good reasoning. I agree that you should be careful as much as you can dealing with the money you can't afford loosing. Yet, if this is your chance to make money fasty enough - why not risk a little if you can bare the risk.

Comment

That would be nice to get some update on the performance of trade.com automated strategies. I suppose some of you guys have invested already?
            I'm interested but full of doubts. Normally the subscriptions didn't go too well in my experience (

Comment

No wonder. Why traders would sell strategies in case they can make money themselves. The more traders start copying your trades, the more difficult it gets to hide the elephant in the room. This is why the only wise solution is probably to invest a little, grow your capital and reinvest until you trade with as much capital as your system is capable to manage. Those who take money for funds management can't make money themselves.

Comment

Can't agree with that.
                Speaking of private funds 'mangers' and strategies that people normally sell at collective2 or similar services, yes, this can be true. Many people just make a lot of strategies with the hope that at least one or two will perform surprisingly well and they will get subscribers.
                However, it's different when it comes to hedge funds that have dozens of analysts, data scientists and developers that work on discovering and exploiting the market vulnerabilities.

Comment

Agree, it's a different story with hedge funds. First of all they can't hire non-professional funds managers. Trade.com being a regulated forex broker must ensure that the funds managers are qualified to do the job they do. If they do some shit, CySEC will fine them after the next performance appraisal.
                  Speaking of the above concern about liquidity issues. Being qualified among other things includes the understanding of liquidity. They won't use the assets in their portfolios that can be too sensitive to the volumes they expect to trade within the framework of this strategy.

Comment

Ok, as you wish. I tried to warn yall! It will be too late once you invest and get into a drawdown rightaway.

Comment

Sure enough, we'll see how it goes. Anything can happen, I understand that. Yet, this March lapetus strategy gained +5.75% to my account and I'm rather pleased so far

Comment

Did you guys ever considcer privatge funds management via non-pro traders? I can see that pros rarely offer above 20% yearly roi. Private strategies run by trustworthy copy-trading services could be much more interesting especially is we speak of the risk capital that we really can risk.

Comment

I was thinking about it. I think that private managers are much more vulnerable to fall into tilt of screwing their strategy some other way. So many stories I've heard that all had similar end which is loss of money even if strategy looked very nice in the beginning. I guess the financial dependency on the final result serves a bad favor in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Gholbizel View Post
                            Did you guys ever considcer privatge funds management via non-pro traders? I can see that pros rarely offer above 20% yearly roi. Private strategies run by trustworthy copy-trading services could be much more interesting especially is we speak of the risk capital that we really can risk.
                            I think it's more about professionalism of those who manage rather than professional status. The difference between the two is that pros take their management fee anyway, while private 'managers' normally don't have a fixed management fee, sharing the profits with investors. No profits, no fees.

Comment

That's an advantage in my opinion. Nevertheless, thinking about it for a while I came to a conclusion that this is worth investing in a strategy, not a person. It's good to now what the strategy is based on and what models and assets it uses before you invest. I mean trust management assumes trust. Yet, this is a doubtful concept. Trust is ok, but you've got to know the reasons why you trust.

Comment

There can be several opinions on this matter.
                                First of all, the absense of fixed management fee puts pressure (a lot of pressure) on the manager. If you don't know whether you will have food next month if you don't make enough profits - well, you are in trouble in this case. YOur funds are in trouble. That's what I meant above.
                                Secondly, I have nothing agains private mangers, maybe there are some nice traders out there. Nevertheless, I know with trade.com that they are cysec regulated, therefore there is a regulator that makes sure licensed and educated people worked on all the strategies they offer and my funds are protected by EU financial legislation.
                                At the same time, I agree that you shouldn't invest in a system simply because someoone you trust offers it. I chose Lapetus because it suit my risk and reward expectations. I didn't invest in the other products of the same company as they didn't suit me. Investigate the backtest and live account results before you invest. The other advantage of regulated companies in this light is that they can't post fake resutls. There are third-party watchers that make sure they don't do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X