Freezes During News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezes During News

Again today IC Markets froze for several minutes during news. People were getting Off Quotes messages and could not close trades.

This seems to be a consistent problem at IC Markets. According to their thread here ICM was going to 'fix it' but that apparently has not happened.

My Viper/GP account did not have a problem today and I wonder if there was a problem when the ICM MAMM closed the EU? I know that for some types of news trading most ECN brokers have problems. But to go for many minutes unable to close a trade is just not right.

I am tempted to close at least one of my IC Markets accounts but would first like to know if any of you are having these difficulties at other brokers?

Thanks,
    Rod

IBFX also has the same issue

Comment

Originally posted by nwboater View Post
      Again today IC Markets froze for several minutes during news. People were getting Off Quotes messages and could not close trades.

This seems to be a consistent problem at IC Markets. According to their thread here ICM was going to 'fix it' but that apparently has not happened.

My Viper/GP account did not have a problem today and I wonder if there was a problem when the ICM MAMM closed the EU? I know that for some types of news trading most ECN brokers have problems. But to go for many minutes unable to close a trade is just not right.

I am tempted to close at least one of my IC Markets accounts but would first like to know if any of you are having these difficulties at other brokers?

Thanks,
      Rod
      Rod, I do a lot of news trading and in the past I was having the same issues as you. I've got over 20 broker accounts which I have tried out over the last few years but now I have got most of my funds with FX Open. I've never had any problems with them and today during NFP I opened and closed over 20 trades without an issue. All in the space of less than 10 minutes.

Comment

There were some freezes with Armada but at least none more than a second or two.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Icmarkets is going worst everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by nwboater View Post

Thanks,
            Rod
            Glad you started this, i too feel dissatisfied with their server up-time during news events.

Off Quotes and disconnect for many minutes is a regular occurrence.

The issue is just not being resolved,

Ultracat, how do you find slippage with Armada? are you with viper per say or any other scalpers where this would matter?

Comment

Thanks for the responses here.

I am not using any system that does news trading as a part of its strategy. But sometimes trades get closed during news. I can understand some lack of liquidity during news but not delays of several minutes. This could be very costly!

It sounds like others have some difficulties at other brokers during news, but not as severe time wise or as often as at IC Markets.

This problem should have been fixed by now. I will be closing at least one of my accounts at IC Markets.

Cheers,
              Rod

Comment

Originally posted by dupapa View Post
                Glad you started this, i too feel dissatisfied with their server up-time during news events.

Off Quotes and disconnect for many minutes is a regular occurrence.

The issue is just not being resolved,

Ultracat, how do you find slippage with Armada? are you with viper per say or any other scalpers where this would matter?
                Slippage is good: low, sometimes positive. Overall I love Armada. I wish they were regulated though. What's good about them is they are cross connected in LD4 to my VPS provider CNS *and* Simpletrader servers are in the UK as well. So signal to VPS, VPS to broker is a very short path. Also they are way cheaper than IC Markets! I only pay $3.8/rt lot EURUSD commission on Armada and the spreads are very tight as well. low cost, low slippage, tight spreads.

I'm also looking into Axitrader and Global Prime lately. I was considering IC Markets but seems like there's evidence they b-book or MM, and even though I don't news trade I can have positions that are open across news and I don't want to deal with this platform freezing B.S.

Comment

Do you know if Armada have cTrader ultracat?

And how did you get that commission deal if you don't mind me asking. Is it via an IB I assume?
                  That's a fairly tasty rate

Comment

No Armada doesn't have cTrader. Here's my IB (I'm not an affiliate, I'm a client so I'm just sharing):

"Explore exclusive Forex rebates at HFTgroupfx, your premier destination for high-frequency trading solutions. Maximize your trading gains.

Comment

Bellow is the official reply from IC Markets (Source FPA Forum)
                      We are aware of the connectivity problems faced by some clients during high impact data releases. It has been referred to as ‘freezing’, ‘disconnecting’ and more on FPA and similar forums/review sites. We are now confident that we fully understand the problem and will have a viable solution in place before the next NFP.

The current issue is network related and across all MT4 live servers. It has only been reported by clients during periods of high volatility - news announcements. Our MT4 servers are remaining online at all times, able to process orders, stream quotes and so on. It may appear as though the server is freezing since no quotes are coming through (to the client terminal) which means the market watch time remains still.

During a news announcement the number of ticks (price updates) increases from approximately 100 to as many as 1000 per minute. This is dependent on the currency pair but either way, the increase in ticks is significant. When you multiply this by the number of pairs to be updated in a client terminal you can see how this may become problematic during a news announcement.

We have identified the greater the distance between a clients terminal and the MT4 server, the more likely they will experience a connectivity problem. Those trading from a VPS close by are not affected. To show this I have added footage from NFP on 3rd July 2014 to our Vimeo page that shows an almost perfect connection to our server from a cross-connected VPS in NY4. This can be viewed here https://vimeo.com/100176521 (note the ‘my tick count’ and ‘my volume count’ in the top left corner of the chart).

Since the connectivity issue is between a clients terminal and the MT4 server we are arranging for access points to be setup across the world to lessen the distance between a client terminal and the nearest access point. In dong this we can improve the speed and quality of the internet for clients and prevent disconnections.

Once this is completed clients will have the choice of connecting to the server directly or via one of the new data centres across the globe. In doing this it should provide a more stable connection for clients and eliminate the freezing problem. We expect to have this completed within the coming weeks.

Kind regards,

Angus Walker | Head of Trading Desk | IC Markets
                      We are also providing IC Markets Commission Discount

Comment

Comment

Hi Javier,

Nice work Unfortunately you'll unlikely replicate it on a real account. The demo account gets instant execution, whereas a live account needs to wait for the order to be filled in the market. During news, order fills (if you can even get filled) can be significantly different to your order price.

I would suggest trying it on a very small account, you'll need to move away from IC Markets as well. They are notorious for freezing during high volatility. Go with AxiTrader or a market maker like Easy Forex.

Good luck, I'm keen to hear how you go
                          Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Thanks Nick!, I though It was too good to be truth, I'll follow your advice and let you know if I can get good results, but as you said it looks very difficult.

Comment

recently we have heard a lot of complains of freezing during high impact news from ICM customers, so i suggest to try with another broker till the complains stop

Comment

Working...
                              X