No announcement yet.

Mt Cook Financial - Archived Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha. Okay thanks for your succinct answers. Makes a lot more sense now. Probably a lot of members would be good to read that also. More info the better. 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
      I'll see if I can get one of the guys from Mt Cook to comment BRM.

I've got about $27k AUD with them personally as well as a chunk of company funds we're using to test out a couple of new systems.
      Nick did you have to wire monies to SA or just deposit/Bpay into CBA in Australia? Were there any fees associated with the transfer (from Australian bank accounts).

Do you think you can speak to them about making the leverage 1:200 for VIP members? It may give some more breathing room. IC and Axi obviously offering 1:500 and 1:400 respectively.

Comment

These guys look like a really interesting operation. The AUD$25k minimum account balance will put some off but if its A$20k for VIP anyway I suspect it should still be fine.

Seem to do better than ICM. Wonder about Global Prime comparison? I find their pip gain is a bit lower than ICM, but the service is better and more transparent.

Comment

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
          Nick did you have to wire monies to SA or just deposit/Bpay into CBA in Australia? Were there any fees associated with the transfer (from Australian bank accounts).

Do you think you can speak to them about making the leverage 1:200 for VIP members? It may give some more breathing room. IC and Axi obviously offering 1:500 and 1:400 respectively.
          Yes, the money is kept inside Australia at CBA and can be sent easily via internet banking.

I'm finding out for you on leverage.
          Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

I have confirmed they will offer 200:1 leverage on accounts below $200k. All you need to do is ask when setting up your account.
            Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
              I have confirmed they will offer 200:1 leverage on accounts below $200k. All you need to do is ask when setting up your account.
              Thanks for confirming Nick! Makes them much more attractive.

Comment

Is possible to set 1:300 leverage also for VIP accounts? It would be really better. Anyway, Alpari pro account had 1:200 as well. But I feel more comfortable with 1:300.

Comment

Hello,

What is difference between EURUSD and EURUSDpro. MT.COOK has both. Do i need to set up any special parameter in control panel?

BR

Comment

Originally posted by smejko View Post
                    Hello,

What is difference between EURUSD and EURUSDpro. MT.COOK has both. Do i need to set up any special parameter in control panel?

BR
                    Hello Smekjko, You want to utilize the Symbols with the "Pro" suffix after it. That will guarantee you that you get our best spreads there.
                    Please let us know if you have any other questions? You can also email us at info@mtcookfinancial.com, we will be more than happy to answer
                    any of your questions.

Sincerely
                    Scott

Comment

Hello,

How much is commission for self traded clients "Clients of ForexSignals.com can open accounts from $20,000 with a reduced commission rate of $6.50 per lot for VIP clients. (we can negotiate a lower rate for self traded clients) "?

Br

Comment

Originally posted by MT.COOK View Post
                        Hello Smekjko, You want to utilize the Symbols with the "Pro" suffix after it. That will guarantee you that you get our best spreads there.
                        Please let us know if you have any other questions? You can also email us at info@mtcookfinancial.com, we will be more than happy to answer
                        any of your questions.

Sincerely
                        Scott
                        If i fund a new account by credit card ...
                        Lets say after 3 or 4 months .. am i able to withdraw all my money to a bank account .. or i have to return it back to the same funding credit card ... as this will be a very big issue for me ..
                        Returning the money to my credit card will mean it will be automatically transfered into local currency and must be used in purchases only and cant be wothdrawn in cash .. so its a big set back for me ..
                        Or after a certian period i have the luxury or withdrawing money to my bank account directly instead ...
                        Pls give me a reply asap .. thanks

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello Sherif,

Currently we only accept deposits by bank wire so all withdrawals will be paid back to your bank account. Within the next few weeks we plan on adding a payment processor which will enable funding by credit card.

Even if you fund via payment processor, you will still be able to withdraw to your bank account.

We will keep this forum posted on any developments with funding options.

Best Regards,
                          Gavin

Comment

Originally posted by MT.COOK View Post
                            Hello Sherif,

Currently we only accept deposits by bank wire so all withdrawals will be paid back to your bank account. Within the next few weeks we plan on adding a payment processor which will enable funding by credit card.

Even if you fund via payment processor, you will still be able to withdraw to your bank account.

We will keep this forum posted on any developments with funding options.

Best Regards,
                            Gavin
                            Dear gavin .. pls keep me updated .. i am interested in making business with ... as i am also willing to join mamms on managed forex hub beside goldstar. ..
                            My 2 main problems :
                            1. What r the guarantees for my money ?? If u go bankrupt. . What does south African regulations say ?
                            2. Surprised that u dont accept credit card funding if u really have big business size or even plan to have ... in my country .. egypt ... external bank transfers to anyone in usd is quiet difficult and will probably be rejected if its for forex brokers also .. so there is no other funding means other than credit card or debit card ...

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Sherif,

Regarding your questions, we certainly understand the value/appeal of a compensation scheme that protects a trader's invested capital. We do not have any sort of external deposit guarantees in place at Mt.Cook however we do operate with very simple but effective risk management.

First of all, client funds are completely segregated.

Second, we never act as counter-party to our clients' trades so we don't take on risk in this manner; we're neutral to our clients performance and earn our revenue exclusively through volume.

Third, we operate with very minimal overhead; we don't spend any money on traditional marketing, we don't have a fancy address, we don't have debt, we are not "flashy" by any means. We have grown to a healthy size strictly through our relationships. And with low expenses, it's not a far stretch to get into profit each month.

Fourth, we attract professional traders as opposed to "gamblers". The biggest risk for a true STP broker are clients with access to excessive amounts of leverage who then use the entire amount available to them to place huge "bets" on the market. In the event of dramatic news or a black swan event, their margin could easily be wiped out and force their account into a deficit position.

The likelihood of a broker successfully getting a client to cover a negative balance is very slim; most of the times the broker has to eat that loss. Obviously the SNB event in Jan. 2015 is still fresh in many of our minds and this scenario represented a death blow for many brokers. Clients with 400:1 leverage were holding max orders long EURCHF and then the floor fell out. These are not the kind of clients flocking to Mt.Cook with our 100:1 leverage and a $20k minimum. In fact, our client base as a whole rarely exceeds 10:1.

We will of course grant exceptions for things like leverage on a one-off basis but we first want to ensure that the client is not taking excessive risk in their method of trading.

2) Again our choice of deposit/withdrawal method was really intended to cater to a certain niche of the market. Clients depositing $20k+ typically don't use credit card or payment processors so originally, we didn't feel the need to make these options available. As our relationship with Nick has grown stronger however and we begin to work closer with this community of traders, we understand that we're going to need to make a few changes in order to accommodate their needs; this includes lower minimums and additional funding options.

We have heard similar issues from prospective clients in other countries where sending a wire is prohibited. So hopefully we won't have to wait much longer for an alternate option to come into play.

Best Regards,
                              Gavin

Comment

Hi Gavin,

I see on your website you dropped the minimum down to $5000.
                                Did you open up the credit card option yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X