No announcement yet.

Experience with Offshore Company for Trading Forex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Years back I had a BVI offshore through Rikvin with SVG at Europacbank. The opening was 1 or 2 months so a bit of time. It worked well, had all the documents and debit card. It is better to charge in local currency and let the offshore bank handle the exchange. But as I am resident in Switzerland now, the offshore structure became redundant, as I spend the money in Switzerland anyway, I pay the cantonal tax and thats it.

If Switzerland goes belly up with all the disintegration of the EU, then I probably will relocate to UAE or New Zeeland. This in my opinion destructs the side income benefit of FX, if you have a decent paying job in your home country, but it is impossible or you pay a high tax on the profits. But if you want to trade full time and enjoy the freedom, then you need the best country available.

So Rikvin and Europac should work well.

Comment

Does anybody have experience with Leupay (https://www.leupay.eu/)? I would like to try it and withdraw some funds from my broker which is in Australia. Will it go trough? My broker can send funds only if beneficiary is my company. If Leupay can provide personal IBAN and beneficiary is my company name than this would be great, I don't have account yet but if anyone is using it I would really appreciate any feedback.

Comment

I just renewed my company and asked my agent if they accept new clients, so if someone needs any help with opening offshore company etc. you can send me a message.

Comment

Frankly, I am always wary of trading with offshore brokers, because there are some inherent risks related to trading with such companies. Offshore destinations are famous for their light touch regulation, if any and are generally known for their lax regulation and non-existent corporate taxes. (https://www.forexbrokerz.com/news/ri...e-forex-broker)

Comment

Here we do not talk about offshore brokers, which are not regulated, but opening an offshore company to trade on regulated broker... So all is legit except the person is now a company and not a physical person...

Comment

Offshore company formation is easy.You can open different types of offshore company from here (https://www.metawhitelabel.com) If you plan to trade only then you have to choose the jurisdiction which does not have forex regulation. If you open offshore company in a country which has forex regulation, you will face problems to open corporate forex accounts in reliable brokers. They will ask your company documents and forex license if your company is in a country which has forex regulation. I recommend you to set the offshore company in St Vincent. Most of FCA brokers accept St. Vincent offshore companies as a client. So you can easily send your funds to offshore company account and then to FCA broker account for trading.
              Advanced FX Solutions for Forex Startups and Brokers. Forex Platform, Forex License, Forex CRM, Forex Bitcoin for your forex business.

Comment

Going over this old thread - has anybody had success or can recommend a firm or agent who can setup an IBC for a US resident? It seems like there are many pitfalls in the process, and then adding overseas banking to the mix makes it even more confusing. If someone has any leads on a banking/IBC solution that works for them, I am very interested.

Comment

For a US resident, it's a no go. Sooner or later IRS will find you and tax you. If you want to pay taxes than just operate with US brokers like Oanda. EU now has the same leverage as US or even lower 1:30. Only ASIC regulated brokers offer more, but I suspect they will follow the same road in near future...

Comment

That's what is so frustrating. I am fully willing to pay taxes and always have up to this point. My goal is not to avoid taxes; it's merely to gain access to better feeds/pricing/spreads. I'm also looking for FIX API. None of my systems work at all at Oanda. My last alternative is to setup everything through my wife, who is Canadian, but even then everything seems to come back to FATCA. The funny thing is if the US gov't would just let me pick any broker of my choosing, they would wind up with far more tax dollars from me then they are now.

Comment

I trade from Germany using FP Markets. Though they are regulated by ASIC, they also have an offshore license with St. Vincent and I have been trading with their offshore license for a year without any issues and the trading conditions are robust.

Comment

Offshore brokers are risky because most of their trading conditions are not reliable, and they can be scammers. I trade with FP Markets using their offshore licence with St. Vincent, which offers some of the best trading conditions with lower spreads and commission costs, the customer service is quick to respond to queries.

Comment

Working...
                        X