Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Trading System Or Strategy Is The Most Profitable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Trading System Or Strategy Is The Most Profitable?

I am not able to generate profit if any successful strategy or tips you have suggest to me.

trading is a numbers game. You need a sample of minimum 100 trades to determine if a strategy is good. That would involve:
    1) Backtest a strategy or your idea manually
    2) follow it blindly for 100 trades
    3) if profitable keep going
    4) Make sure you keep on the right side of the expectancy curve. That is your win/loss and risk/reward results are on the correct side.
    This formula will identify the minimum win rate you’ll need to keep your portfolio in the green. This is Why You don’t Need a High Win Rate to Succeed...

It's a numbers game, so rather than focusing on the strategy, Focus on understanding the math and numbers first and you will eventually find that there are many strategies. How you operate it will depend on the trader and not the strategy because you can have one trader doing the same steps and losing and another winning with the same strategy.

Comment

Nfx is right. Try as he suggests and sooner than later you will be able to find a profitable strategy.

Comment

Profitable trading is all about mathematics:

Risk/reward ratios
        Position sizing
        Backtesting
        Draw downs
        Returns
        Win%
        Losing streak
        probabilities
        Risk of ruin
        Stop losses
        Profit targets

Get the right mixture of these and you can have a consistently profitable strategy.
        Combine confirmations and timeframes.

Comment

RenkoGuy
          Do ever stop to think "why do I have so much spite and negativity" inside myself?
          Why am I always spewing hatred at others?
          Pls take your hate speech elsewhere.
          I really am sorry for people that limp thru life like you. Only hurting yourself and others.

Comment

1. It is true that some have lost money, depending on when they connected, what their risk multiplier was set at, how they managed their trades, and when they disconnected
            2. This is true with every strategy provider and investor
            3. Many also have made significant profits
            4. Especially those who "hold their ground" during drawdowns, add to their investments in down times, take profits in the good times, and move to lower levels of risk at months' end
            5. This is what I explained in May/June after the large drawdown, and now with the new upgrades, emphasis on the overall strategy above (with 1.5x, 2x, 2.5x, and 3x risk) there has been a very significant recovery and huge profits have been made. 25% in July and now 37% so far in August.

So you are not reporting the total picture, and actually doing a disservice to investors, because you are emphasizing a more emotional way of trading and following Forex.

Traders and Investors who are determined to master their emotions and become disciplined in their chosen trading plan should read or watch selected material on Trading Psychology.
            Mark Douglas's "Trading in the Zone"-- he's got heaps of good content on Trading Psychology and becoming a Disciplined Trader. This is part 1 of 4.
            I also have benefited greatly from his content, since I did need to hard-wire in a Rescue Level into my strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post
              Traders and Investors who are determined to master their emotions and become disciplined in their chosen trading plan should read or watch selected material on Trading Psychology.
              Mark Douglas's "Trading in the Zone"-- he's got heaps of good content on Trading Psychology and becoming a Disciplined Trader. This is part 1 of 4.
              I also have benefited greatly from his content, since I did need to hard-wire in a Rescue Level into my strategy.

Let me guess. All our forex frustrations will immediately vanish as soon as we buy your stuff. Am I right?

Comment

landorra buy what? I gave resources that everyone can find on the internet - including summary videos of his books that can be found easily. your cynicism in this case will not help you or others. Do your own work / research. Hone your skills of regulation of your emotions while trading a plan with an edge and a risk management plan that is based on significant amounts of data (including MFE/MAE stats) of at least over 1000 completed trades.

Comment

I will not agree that there is only one strategy that can be called a universal one. After all, even different assets require different approaches, which is why it is necessary to speak about traders who trade in different modes and are not familiar with the market and all its possibilities. For someone it is important to collect a set of indicators and to trade only when all of them predict the price movement. Someone only needs one indicator to start working on the market. Some traders trade by levels, set them manually or automatically. I would be more oriented towards classical strategies and would try to adjust them to my own needs in the course of training. The understanding comes only with experience and in no other way.

Comment

And I think it's not about the strategy you've chosen, it's about your attitude to work, i.e. to trading. If you work here and understand that this is a real business with its strict but enforceable laws, you will be able to get almost unlimited opportunities. I personally know the traders who work in the market when the majority prefers to wait and all of them have achieved noticeable results. I don't know how to call it, maybe they really feel the market and can risk it so bravely that it's admirable. But it really works, I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see what some traders are doing and how well they are doing it.

Comment

There is no clear suggestion about trading, really. Someone can say you "trade intraday" and you may fail. Why that can happens? Cause each person is unique with different worldview and mindset. The best way is just to try some strategies with demo-account and you will choose that one, which fits you the most. Also, you should remember that each trader has its own strategy and it will take a lot of time, before you will create your unique trading style.

Comment

Working...
                      X