Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are The Vital Roles Of Forex Trading Psychology In 2020?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are The Vital Roles Of Forex Trading Psychology In 2020?

The purpose of trading Forex is simple: “To Gain An Advantage.”

Although there are various ways you can improve your chances of building your capital, one of the most important steps is to understand the psychological impact it has on the way you make decisions.

According to the efficient market hypothesis (EMH), financial markets truly rational, as market players always make the most logical decision, in order to achieve the greatest results.

However, A ‘Trading Psychology research shows that although correct in their prediction of more than 50% of the time, traders tend to lose significantly more money than they win. This is because, in reality, none of the traders are all really rational.

We are all products of our environment, our decisions, and our psychology. This means that in order to act rationally and make the most profitable decisions, it is important to understand your mindset and how it affects your time spent on financial market trading.

There are so many different aspects of the human mind that can influence the decision-making process. But I’ll look at two key aspects of psychology who can help you to improve your Forex trading performance.

Here are the DEETS…
    1. Cognitive biases
    2. Emotions

1: The Cognitive Biases

Studied cognitive-behavioral biases at work in the subconscious part of the brain and inform decision-making. They are mental shortcuts that can cause involuntary responses to certain stimuli.

For example, the availability bias is a mental shortcut that prioritizes the information more accessible. This can lead to trading based on a piece of completely false information, which will increase the risk of failure.

Another example is the loss-aversion bias, which is the desire to avoid losses over and above the desire for greater profits.

Of course, some risk awareness is absolutely necessary when it comes to trade, but the loss-aversion bias can actually lead traders to hold on to their losing trade for too long – from a reluctance to accept losses – though it exacerbates the situation.

Often, traders are really aware of cognitive biases that affect them, which is what makes them so destructive trade performance.

By educating yourself on the cognitive biases that may affect you and be proactive about the information that you use in the pre-trade analysis, you can begin to limit their influence on the performance of your trading.

2: Emotions

There is a famous saying among traders that the ‘ market is driven by fear and greed’. Although this may be the most prevalent emotional impact, there are many emotions that can affect the performance of the trader.

For example, hope can be a positive and negative influence. While it is important to maintain a degree of optimism when trading, it is important to not let go this far.

We can see the negative impact that expectations can have on data IG – it shows that traders hold on to them for a too long trade on the expectation that they will turn around, which eventually led them to take more losses.

A way to improve your trading performance and limit the impact of emotion is to keep a trading diary. This means you can be aware of the emotions that you feel, acknowledge them and learn from them.

Behavioral finance is no longer reserved for academics and professional traders and should form an important component of any trader’s toolbox.

Finally, if you think that you just can’t get a hold on to your emotions then you should use trading software. There are numerous automated trading platforms out there. All you have to do is a little bit of research and I’m sure you’ll find the one you’re looking for.
    Last edited by ronykhan; 06-17-2020, 03:03 PM.

The most important thing is to try to be one step ahead, i.e. to constantly monitor the cause-and-effect relations and try to forecast the situation as accurately as possible.

Comment

The most important thing about loving the business you do is that no matter what you do, I want the market to be interesting and I can always make money somehow.

Comment

I would just advise myself to be calm, because I spend too much time on extra emotions, not on trading.

Comment

Hi, thank you so much for sharing these useful ideas here as I found very good for my work. BTW, I have been searching for some help for my essay writing work and my friend suggested me to read the PapersOwl review before using any writing service for my work. That's why I was taking help for my writing help from this service for the good.

Comment

Of course, psychology is key to our business, because here we face an incredible amount of emotions: fear, uncertainty, excitement, excitement and more. After all, even positive emotions are a certain stress for a person. And we have to deal with it as much as possible, otherwise it can lead to the fact that you will quickly get tired of it and decide not to trade, because it will be an impossible burden.
            What can be done to make it easier to cope with emotions?
            1. Do not force yourself to work because you have to - you have to have a good rest.
            2. Build a clear work plan so that you do not have a desire to work until you are completely exhausted.
            3. Limit losses so that you don't get into strict limits.

Comment

I personally like this topic, because I think that question of emotions is not so much discussed in learning materials about forex. Probably because it cannot be thought through forex books but each trader need to figure out for himself

Comment

We all agree on this topic, but it would be very interesting to discuss topic of market sentiment. I think that market also have some sort of emotional intelligence which sometimes impact prices not to follow technical analysis

Comment

Working...
                X