X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Quest To Save Eric B

Now I really have to say something about this
    get upset if we finish the month down.
    TA you have no IDEA what I've gone through since JUNE DAY 1 of this SimpleTrader Junk. EVERY MONTH I have nothing but LOSSES with every Single Provider. So please let's not have a down month. because this is my first month with you and if I lose another month of pips, Which I already am because of your WILD HAIR Exotic TRADES that went rouge. I'm going to see to it something be done about something.
    $
    I think it's kinda odd I've talked about this before on another provider forum. EVERY time I join a provider I lose the first month. except AMP 3 month loss. I totaled up my losses I've paid providers -$969.oo LOST since June. Gone down the drain with EVERY LOSING MONTH with these CRAP trades that do nothing but makes my money disappear. So I apologize if you feel this is directed to you but it's not just you. It's this piss poor customer service crap where as SUBs PAY PAY PAY PAY And don't get refunds for piss poor performance.
    $
    If I had my own signal services that's EXACTLY what I would do for MY subs. If there was a losing month I would refund partial payment. Instead of TAKE TAKE TAKE from my subs.
    if someone actually did this you would see MORE PEOPLE STAY with providers than LEAVE. COMMON SENSE make your subs happy they will continue to stay.....
    $
    As I said something will be done about something. One way or another.
    @
    Month isn't over yet so be cool and stay dry and make some pips..... Happy Trading!

Hi Eric,

I think you're being a little unfair here.

I can see you've followed:

Smart Trader - Fully recovered the drawdown from when he started

TradeAlerter - Down only 1.5% this month after 6 consecutive winning months

FX Viper - Is having his best month since August and we're only half way though

Forex Junkie - A signal that is not part of this site and I would not have recommended had you asked for advice

FX Amplified - This one would have hurt... So no excuses there.

So to me it seems like your mistake is flipping between signals and putting faith in Forex Junkie (which I take no responsibility for).

All you need to do is connect an account with TradeAlerter, FX Viper and I'll give you a complimentary subscription to FX Amplified until the end of the year to help you out.

FX Amplified has been in bad shape, but I believe he's about to make a big turnaround (you heard it here first). I'd definitely be putting faith in him over Forex Junkie (which I can see you still have connected).

I'm going to stop ignoring your veiled pleas for help. Let's get your account back up in the green.
    Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
      Hi Eric,

Forex Junkie - A signal that is not part of this site and I would not have recommended had you asked for advice

So to me it seems like your mistake is flipping between signals and putting faith in Forex Junkie (which I take no responsibility for).

All you need to do is connect an account with TradeAlerter, FX Viper and I'll give you a complimentary subscription to FX Amplified until the end of the year to help you out.

FX Amplified has been in bad shape, but I believe he's about to make a big turnaround (you heard it here first). I'd definitely be putting faith in him over Forex Junkie (which I can see you still have connected).

I'm going to stop ignoring your veiled pleas for help. Let's get your account back up in the green.
      Thanks very much Nick for such kind words in regards to my system.

Comment

Hi Eric,

Nick how are you going to sit there and ask me to come back to amp when he hasn't even obeyed his own rules. He put a -200 SL on a trade back in October, When specifically stated he was going to put a -40 pip SL on all the trades.... his recovery is selective with drawdowns, also even if he were be conservative with money he could make more pips. He has barely made 100 pips since the last trade he lost -347 pips on. I'm not going to complain for you trying to give it to me, I would take it how ever his performance isn't there. Let's mention the fact NOVEMBER and DECEMBER are slow months. I can't risk no more than 0.01 lots anyway so what am I suppose to do. Risking anything more with Amp is asking for another -300 pip loss.. I understand your confidence in Amp over Junkie but you been with him for years just as you were advertising him as if there was nothing left in forex to choose from...... So I'm cautiously wanting your offer but afraid to take it in fear that there will be another 300 pip loss....

What's going to happen is that at the end of this month I'm going to have to cancel Junkie and TA possible depending on the loss Then I'm going to have to invest Heavy with Viper until the account grows back above $1000 and Everything I lost In sub fee's are paid for so that's total of 2500.oo I have to gain to get out of this whole.

Risking 0.01 lot /trade isn't going to pay the bills or get me out of the whole. Viper is the only one that can. TA's performance was great until he decided to go rouge on Exotics and miss calculated JPY trades.... I understand everyone can have a bad month or two and the market get the best of the best traders but it's uncalled for to lose more than 10 trades in a row or lose trades more than -150pips loss...

Comment

The Quest To Save Eric B

Eric,

You are so famous here that I've given you a dedicated thread. We are going to work together and get your account back into positive territory.

I understand you've been hurting financially and emotionally by following a number of our traders as they've dipped into drawdown. But all is not lost!

I've moved the posts from the TradeAlerter thread that were largely unrelated to his signal so we can use them to discuss here.

So before we start, I need you to please give us a baseline from which to start.

What is your current balance/equity?

What is your total loss?

Comment

Eric,

You are so famous here that I've given you a dedicated thread. We are going to work together and get your account back into positive territory.

I understand you've been hurting financially and emotionally by following a number of our traders as they've dipped into drawdown. But all is not lost!

I've moved the posts from the TradeAlerter thread that were largely unrelated to his signal so we can use them to discuss here.

So before we start, I need you to please give us a baseline from which to start.

What is your current balance/equity?

What is your total loss?
            Nick, by now you know I am always up for a "Challenge"...hehehe...I love to see Eric back "above water". My new signal might be good for him, but will have more risk attached to it than my "Conservative" signal...I'd be willing to make a special arrangement as a favor to you to help Eric out...if of course Eric is open to it...

Happy Trading!

Joe

Comment

Summary:
              Deposit/Withdrawal: $3 036.70
              Closed Trade P/L: $-2 472.38
              Floating P/L: 53.10
              Margin: 93.82
              Balance: $564.32 - this was around $430ish beginning of this week I've managed to pull some good trades...
              Equity: 617.42
              Free Margin: 523.60
              [P]
              Gross Profit: $13 341.33
              Gross Loss: $-15 813.71
              Total Net Profit:$ -2 472.38
              Profit Factor: 0.84
              Expected Payoff: -2.21
              Absolute Drawdown: $2 661.76
              Maximal Drawdown: 4 854.39 (166.65%)
              Relative Drawdown: 166.65% (4 854.39)
              [P]
              Total Trades: 1118 Short Positions (won %): 598 (69.73%) Long Positions (won %): 520 (66.92%)
              Profit Trades (% of total): 765 (68.43%)
              Loss trades (% of total): 353 (31.57%)
              Largest profit trade: 422.00 loss trade: -608.00
              Average profit trade: 17.44 loss trade: -44.80
              Maximum consecutive wins ($): 21 (19.03)
              consecutive losses ($): 6 (-128.11)
              Maximal consecutive profit (count): 626.50 (5)
              consecutive loss (count): -999.88 (4)
              Average consecutive wins: 3 consecutive losses: 2
              [P]
              Click ThereMy Statement for the Curious *** when you click on the link Uncheck the download manager then click download..... Don't use the download manager.
              From Start to Today...
              [P]
              When I stated that I needed 2500 to get out of the whole I forgot about that was the account balance I needed to get out of the whole. Sub Fees need added...

Here is link of MyFxbook Have fun Laughing cause it's a joke.
              Last edited by EricB; 02-09-2014, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Man bro you have taken a beating...you need about a 400% gain on your current balance just to get back to even (plus past and future signal costs). That's going to take a while unless you go way overboard with risk, in which case you have a very good chance of blowing your account completely.

My more aggressive trading doubled my account 4 times in 12 months, but I also had 2 60% draw downs. When I refined my risk management, I doubled my account in 4.5 months with about a 15% dd...which is what I will be using with my signal that will go live December 1. My current signal is a more conservative version of that.

Anyhow, good luck man, by now you know what risks are involved. I wish you the best.

Joe

Comment

Thanks for the information Eric.

So the mission is to turn $564 into $3,000 while also paying subscription fees.

I'll be honest - this is going to take a bit of luck. We need to to turn up the risk exponentially to make the gains required to pay for your monthly fees and have enough left over to start building your balance. If we are going to do this you need to be prepared to lose the rest of your deposit if things go sour. It's time for an all or nothing approach.

You are currently subscribed to the following:

FX Junkie - $49
                  FX Viper - $99
                  TradeAlerter - $59
                  Total = $207 per month

I can see that you haven't done any calculations at on the expected return in relation to the cost of these signals. Put bluntly - you are on a hiding to nothing.

Let's strip it back and go with a different mix.

FX Viper - $99
                  TradeAleter - $59
                  FX Amplified - Complimentary
                  Total = $158 per month

I also want to mention that Joe has kindly offered to give you a complimentary subscription to his new "high risk" signal when it launches in December, however I can't include it in this portfolio because I'm not familiar it just yet.

The great thing about this mix is that you are unlikely to experience a correlated drawdown since every trader uses a different style (FX Viper and FX Amp are a little similar, but it's a risk worth taking)

I recommend you set up the risk profile as follows:

FX Viper - 15x Risk
                  Potential loss = 75%
                  Expected gain = 40% ($225)
                  Comment - 15x Risk might seem insane to many. I'm working off an expected maximum drawdown of 5% (Viper has not exceeded this in over 12 months, so it's likely this run will continue) and a monthly gain of 3.75% on the master (conservative and allowing for some lost pips due to slippage).
                  For your information I'm also running FX Viper on a small account at 10x risk. http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Nick...inginfo/722509

TradeAlerter - 5x Risk
                  Potential loss = 50%
                  Expected Gain = 25% ($141)
                  Comment - TradeAlerter is a much more stable and reliable trader than when he first started 6 months ago. I'm extremely confident that he'll stick to his maximum 10% drawdown limit. He is too consistent not to include in your portfolio

FX Amplified - 7x Risk
                  Potential loss = 70%
                  Expected gain = 35% ($197)
                  Comment - FX Amplified has had an extremely poor run lately, however there is no disputing that he has been a very successful trader for a very long period of time. Following a trader of this caliber while he is beginning a recovery is actually the best time to join (rather than equity highs which most of us end up doing).

Result
                  Monthly gains = $563
                  Less subscription costs = $158
                  Profit = $405 (71% gain for the month)

When you compound these gains over the space of 3-6 months you should be back to your starting amount of $3,000.

I don't mean to make it sound simple - it's not. Not every trader will achieve the results we have estimated, however the traders in this portfolio are very consistent and reliable. I believe you are better to put the fate of your $564 account in the hands of traders that have proven they can do it over a long period of time, rather than to "hope" that a silver bullet like Forex Junkie or SS is going to save you.

I would ask you to please give us a public Myfxbook so we can track your progress. Once you've done that I'll organise a complimentary copy of FX Amplified for you.

Good luck and God speed!

Comment

Hi Nick - It's really cool of you to formulate a plan like this for Eric B. Only thing I'm wondering about is leverage. I believe he lives in the US thus may be using a 50:1 account. What are the chances of this surviving long on a 50:1?

Cheers,
                    Rod

Comment

This thread afirms that EricB is now famous instead of infamous. What a refreshing change. Best of luck to you EricB.

Comment

Thanks for the information Eric.

So the mission is to turn $564 into $3,000 while also paying subscription fees.

I'll be honest - this is going to take a bit of luck. We need to to turn up the risk exponentially to make the gains required to pay for your monthly fees and have enough left over to start building your balance. If we are going to do this you need to be prepared to lose the rest of your deposit if things go sour. It's time for an all or nothing approach.

You are currently subscribed to the following:

FX Junkie - $49
                        FX Viper - $99
                        TradeAlerter - $59
                        Total = $207 per month

I can see that you haven't done any calculations at on the expected return in relation to the cost of these signals. Put bluntly - you are on a hiding to nothing.

Let's strip it back and go with a different mix.

FX Viper - $99
                        TradeAleter - $59
                        FX Amplified - Complimentary
                        Total = $158 per month

I also want to mention that Joe has kindly offered to give you a complimentary subscription to his new "high risk" signal when it launches in December, however I can't include it in this portfolio because I'm not familiar it just yet.

The great thing about this mix is that you are unlikely to experience a correlated drawdown since every trader uses a different style (FX Viper and FX Amp are a little similar, but it's a risk worth taking)

I recommend you set up the risk profile as follows:

FX Viper - 15x Risk
                        Potential loss = 75%
                        Expected gain = 40% ($225)
                        Comment - 15x Risk might seem insane to many. I'm working off an expected maximum drawdown of 5% (Viper has not exceeded this in over 12 months, so it's likely this run will continue) and a monthly gain of 3.75% on the master (conservative and allowing for some lost pips due to slippage).
                        For your information I'm also running FX Viper on a small account at 10x risk. http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Nick...inginfo/722509

TradeAlerter - 5x Risk
                        Potential loss = 50%
                        Expected Gain = 25% ($141)
                        Comment - TradeAlerter is a much more stable and reliable trader than when he first started 6 months ago. I'm extremely confident that he'll stick to his maximum 10% drawdown limit. He is too consistent not to include in your portfolio

FX Amplified - 7x Risk
                        Potential loss = 70%
                        Expected gain = 35% ($197)
                        Comment - FX Amplified has had an extremely poor run lately, however there is no disputing that he has been a very successful trader for a very long period of time. Following a trader of this caliber while he is beginning a recovery is actually the best time to join (rather than equity highs which most of us end up doing).

Result
                        Monthly gains = $563
                        Less subscription costs = $158
                        Profit = $405 (71% gain for the month)

When you compound these gains over the space of 3-6 months you should be back to your starting amount of $3,000.

I don't mean to make it sound simple - it's not. Not every trader will achieve the results we have estimated, however the traders in this portfolio are very consistent and reliable. I believe you are better to put the fate of your $564 account in the hands of traders that have proven they can do it over a long period of time, rather than to "hope" that a silver bullet like Forex Junkie or SS is going to save you.

I would ask you to please give us a public Myfxbook so we can track your progress. Once you've done that I'll organise a complimentary copy of FX Amplified for you.

Good luck and God speed!
                        Okay nick Let's do it but I'm going to be Extremely cautious about AMP. Viper I'll accept that Risk. TA risk from this past performance last week I'm mildly cautious I Start this week off @ 5x but I'm Blocking ALL EXOTICS ON EVERYONE. I don't want a 2MDM rouge on my hands.....

Viper x15
                        TA x5
                        AMP x5 - 1st couple of trades at least I know he doesn't trade often I soon rather be safer than @ 5 that risk any more of my money with amp.

I think this is a fair risk value with amp specially and TA considering the recent trades.

Junkie I'll let him ride to the end of the month. (Although I'm confident in him with his trading, Despite his DD which he's aware of and now learned from NOT to do again. Per haps later in time I'll come back and revisit his signal.
                        Last edited by EricB; 11-15-2013, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dkoster77 View Post
                          This thread afirms that EricB is now famous instead of infamous. What a refreshing change. Best of luck to you EricB.

Only famous in this LiveForexTrading world. Let's hope for the best!

Comment

Originally posted by EricB View Post
                            Okay nick Let's do it but I'm going to be Extremely cautious about AMP. Viper I'll accept that Risk. TA risk from this past performance last week I'm mildly cautious I Start this week off @ 5x but I'm Blocking ALL EXOTICS ON EVERYONE. I don't want a 2MDM rouge on my hands.....

Viper x15
                            TA x5
                            AMP x5 - 1st couple of trades at least I know he doesn't trade often I soon rather be safer than @ 5 that risk any more of my money with amp.

I think this is a fair risk value with amp specially and TA considering the recent trades.

Junkie I'll let him ride to the end of the month. (Although I'm confident in him with his trading, Despite his DD which he's aware of and now learned from NOT to do again. Per haps later in time I'll come back and revisit his signal.
                            Sounds great Eric.

As I mentioned in the trading room yesterday. I just noticed you're doing some manual trading and taking enormous risks (up to 20% per trade), so you'll need to reduce that substantially if this is going to work.

It's your money, but a risk of 2% per trade would be as much as you should be risking on your manual strategy in my opinion. That would leave you with a lot size of 0.03 based on your current account balance.

Comment

Now that the 4 people who have downloaded my statement and saw my lovely trading skills and EA's that have been total failures.

I'm setting the custom date on Myfxbook from the day I started using Simpletrader.net and signed up with AMP....

This should be a better view on what I've gone through since July.

Thanks
                              Last edited by EricB; 11-15-2013, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X