X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VictorTous
    replied
    Hehe... nice!
    I'm seriously thinking in joining LittleFishFx next year. Till' now it seems to good too be true, don't you think?... I would like to continue watch them for longer time.

And... what do you think of Asad’s ReBORN and High Return?

Leave a comment:

• pearcey2
    replied
    Originally posted by pearcey2 View Post
    Haha yes vic?
    sorry just saw your post above!
    Yep kharveld should not be mixed with other signals I don't think but I still believe that eventually it will blow up. If it makes enough before it does and you make regular withdrawals then you should be covered if it happens.

Still loving RTAS it's nice that some signals can go into small DD and my open positions comes to about even! Haha

The high return signal is going pretty well, but I'm usually getting slipped 0.5-1 pip. I'm using IC Markets with beeks VPS so I thought I had a pretty good setup but I've seen Cartmamizm's account and he's beating me most trades! Haha he's with Global Prime and STVPS.
    having been MCd last week I'm reluctant to go to GP since the highest leverage they'll give me is 1:200. So next year I'm considering moving over to STVPS for a month and see if there's a difference. And also trying out axitrader.
    I know it seems like overkill for less than a pip but on some occasions it's a 20% difference on one trade since they're such small trades.
    Last edited by pearcey2; 12-20-2013, 09:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pearcey2
    replied
    Haha yes vic?

Leave a comment:

• VictorTous
    replied
    ... Pearcey?

Leave a comment:

• pearcey2
    replied
    Na it's more about the balance changing while one signal has a trade still open. The new EA does not fix this

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    Not good for me vic.... Woke up yesterday morning with MC. I had kharveld, Viper, trusted all short on EU...
    The real killer was that they all had the same trade. I can't recommend kharveld since it is a grid/martingale. As happened with me, eventually it will blow your account. Also, since other signals kept trading, my balance was growing so not only did the lot size increase 1.5x but more due to larger balance!

I'm still trading, luckily I'd withdrawn some funds as I went so an 11k loss put me about 4k below my deposit level

Going ahead with RTAS on 1x, forex pro on 1x and trusted on 3x. I think there's not much point having Viper and trusted on the same account, they make too similar trades.

EDIT: Also...I've mentioned to Nick about signals opening baskets of trades but as the balance of an account with several signals changes differently to the master account, the lot sizes arent in proportion. E.g. when Viper hedged his UC position I had a much larger lot going long than the shorts which meant I wasn't properly hedged. I think the solution is to get ST to calculate the lot multiplier of the first position in a basket and use that to open any further positions. He still needs to discuss with Will about whether this is possible etc.

With RTAS, its nice to have a positive drawdown (drawUP?) for a change! Certainly lets the heart beat a little slower!!
    upgrade to the new EA and this should solve mostly this problem

Leave a comment:

• VictorTous
    replied
    Hi pearcey2,

I’m sorry to read that

Kharveld just ruined Viper and Trusted EUR/USD shorts with so many added trades with increased lot sizes. I’m very disappointed about them… It’s maybe a semi-grid/semi-martingale strategy that can work very well on its own (as it seems to be very well controlled compared to all other systems of that type that I have seen)... But definitely not combined with other signals.

Good idea to stick only with RTAS, ForexPro and Trusted for now ;D
    But if I were you, I would run ForexPro at 0.6X-0.8X risk and Trusted with 2X max.

RTAS is a very expensive signal, but they seem to be doing incredibly well! With a very impressive and unique strategy not seen with other traders (at least until now, for me). I really hope they can endure being consistent… Their almost constant “drawUP” is out of this world

By the way, what do you think of Asad’s ReBORN and High Return?

And you are right about your concerns regarding lot sizes disadjustment while trading more than one signal in the same account. After possible combined DD’s, it's the second biggest threat that we face in our search of high returns =S
    Your suggestion proposed to Nick and Will sounds excellent on paper, but maybe a little bit complicated in execution. But I think it’s something totally possible. Nothing that good and intelligent programing/coding couldn’t do or solve efficiently… Let’s hope they can do something about it!

Best regards,
    Vic

Leave a comment:

• pearcey2
    replied
    Not good for me vic.... Woke up yesterday morning with MC. I had kharveld, Viper, trusted all short on EU...
    The real killer was that they all had the same trade. I can't recommend kharveld since it is a grid/martingale. As happened with me, eventually it will blow your account. Also, since other signals kept trading, my balance was growing so not only did the lot size increase 1.5x but more due to larger balance!

I'm still trading, luckily I'd withdrawn some funds as I went so an 11k loss put me about 4k below my deposit level

Going ahead with RTAS on 1x, forex pro on 1x and trusted on 3x. I think there's not much point having Viper and trusted on the same account, they make too similar trades.

EDIT: Also...I've mentioned to Nick about signals opening baskets of trades but as the balance of an account with several signals changes differently to the master account, the lot sizes arent in proportion. E.g. when Viper hedged his UC position I had a much larger lot going long than the shorts which meant I wasn't properly hedged. I think the solution is to get ST to calculate the lot multiplier of the first position in a basket and use that to open any further positions. He still needs to discuss with Will about whether this is possible etc.

With RTAS, its nice to have a positive drawdown (drawUP?) for a change! Certainly lets the heart beat a little slower!!
    Last edited by pearcey2; 12-12-2013, 01:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• VictorTous
    replied
    @Big River Man:

You were right about Kharveled. In fact, the last questions on ConnectForex were mine, hehe. And now check what they have answered to other members after their first difficult-struggling situation (at least in their showed myfxbook history)... But note that in my post I talked about 1X risk with them, not 1.6… Now I’m thinking that 0.6X should be the acceptable maximum with them in order to stay relatively “safe” =S

And yes, I got what you meant regarding FxPriceActionSignals and Lot Size Multiplier. Very well thought!
    It’s only a pity that I would need to be calculating it almost each day, considering that it is working among other signals at the same time.

@Pearcey2:

May I ask you how’s your account after Viper’s EUR/USD short and 25% DD of Kharveld?
    =S

Honestly, I wasn't expecting 25% DD with so many added trades to an initial losing position trapped in a sharp price movement that was clearly the beginning of a strong short term trend (also backed by strong fundamentals favoring the EUR against the USD). So I don’t understand why they stayed so long, plus adding new positions with every strong price increment against you… Luckily they were able to get out with “only” 3.7% loss/DD, but it could have been much worse.

I don’t know what to think after that, but for me, it was clearly like some sort of semi-grid semi-martingale strategy (each new added trade being exactly 1.5 bigger than the last)… Something a little different as what I expected after reading the system descriptions and vendor’s different answers.

What do you think about Kharveld after this? Will you continue using their signal?

And Littlefish RTAS continues to AMAZE me!

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    Victor,

I think that you have a good mix. There is a good mix of pairs traded also.

I am wary of Kharveld FX. I believe it is a form of martingale. Look at the last comment on connectforex and see how they answer that question. You may be looking at 30% drawdown risk with 1.6x seems more likely. Also remember that the master is in EUR not USD. This greatly changes your risk if you have a AUD or USD account.

Littlefish I do not know about, I have watched for some time. It is expensive, which has kept me away. But most importantly the equity is always higher than balance.
    Ambush the same.

For me I would only choose one of those. That way you could then even add SmartTrader or FxMoneyMachine as they seem to live in drawdown. Littlefish or AMbush may negate that so that your equity sits closer to 100%. But of course this depends the size of your account as subs would start to cost a lot if you have less than 10k.

Also another possibilty would be to put FxPriceActionSignals on Lot size multiplier. The master trades about 15k account. This way you could allocate 15k only or 7.5k if 0.5 lot multiple, and in that way you would get better performance, as recently your balance would go up but because PAS has had a losing streak then on your account it would open bigger and bigger trades, but on his account he opens smaller and smaller. See what I mean? So he has lost 14% this month, but you proabably lost 20% because Trusted and Viper and Kharveld made your account go up.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• pearcey2
    replied
    Not quite but in another week probably! I'm hoping it wasn't all down to luck and there was a little calculated risk taking in there somewhere
    Yeh in a fair drawdown...about 55% equity....

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    I'm also currently running Viper at 4x. When (if?) we get out of the current situation alive I'll be dropping it to 2x. Foolish at the moment...
    Yep I'm happy with Kharveld at 1.2x as I have it now.

Pretty happy with FXPro. Getting a little bit of slippage but nothing too concerning. I understand what you're saying about getting in after the worst DD, but to me it's like trying to catch a falling knife. Time it correctly: great. Don't time it right: uh oh! Taking a long time to recover from DD is a concern though. I have no problem with draw downs if they're recovered reasonably quickly. That's when I'd prefer to join a signal

BRM: with regards to 2% vs -30%... Trading forex is inherently risky. Look at Viper. I'd have just about put my house on him never going close to 10% DD but it happens. Safe signals drawdown too. IMHO 2% return isn't enough to compensate me for that risk. My aim is to withdraw my funds ASAP and trade with just profits.

Currently my account in the last 3 weeks is going at 103% monthly. Completely unsustainable long term? Yes. Would I blow my account if I left it like that? Absolutely! I trust that Viper will continue to trade well and I'll recover my account nicely. Fingers crossed!
    Wow. 103% monthly great!! So if you get out of this you could withdraw initial outlay straight away? Man I never had that luck. But what is your equity right now? 50%?

Leave a comment:

• pearcey2
    replied
    I'm also currently running Viper at 4x. When (if?) we get out of the current situation alive I'll be dropping it to 2x. Foolish at the moment...
    Yep I'm happy with Kharveld at 1.2x as I have it now.

Pretty happy with FXPro. Getting a little bit of slippage but nothing too concerning. I understand what you're saying about getting in after the worst DD, but to me it's like trying to catch a falling knife. Time it correctly: great. Don't time it right: uh oh! Taking a long time to recover from DD is a concern though. I have no problem with draw downs if they're recovered reasonably quickly. That's when I'd prefer to join a signal

BRM: with regards to 2% vs -30%... Trading forex is inherently risky. Look at Viper. I'd have just about put my house on him never going close to 10% DD but it happens. Safe signals drawdown too. IMHO 2% return isn't enough to compensate me for that risk. My aim is to withdraw my funds ASAP and trade with just profits.

Currently my account in the last 3 weeks is going at 103% monthly. Completely unsustainable long term? Yes. Would I blow my account if I left it like that? Absolutely! I trust that Viper will continue to trade well and I'll recover my account nicely. Fingers crossed!

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    So pearcy how much % risk had you calculated for Viper? I would not run Kharveld at 2x risk.

What do you think of FxPro btw?

Also in my opinion FxPA would be a very good time to join, there are hardly any signals of a manula trader with that much history. you get in now you are joining at one of the worst drawdowns in its history. Just saying. Also the guys sticks to his rules no matter what so you know what are you getting. I would look into it if I were you. Also if you are on VIP then you prob should consider TA, sure 1 or 2% a month recntly BUT guess what he didnt do a drawdown like Amplified or Viper or the most of the other you have, what is better 2% or -30%?

Leave a comment:

• VictorTous
    replied
    Oh yeah, I’m also testing Reborn High Return right now ;-)

Now that you tell me, I remember seen ForexPro before, but forget about it (possibly because I wanted to see a little more history, and also because being part-EA) and now I see it has been doing great. Looks very good!... How well has it delivered to you?

And yep, that’s the very best way to set-up signals, based on risk and not in misleading returns alone!
    I’m sure you are managing your signals very well and more intelligently than the majority of members (very similar to me, but I screwed up with Viper at 4X).

By the way, I'm also waiting to "BKK" to release his signal ;D

Leave a comment:

Working...
X