Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting videos about Forex, Trading, etc.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yogi1137
    replied
    Forex trading is not that much easy how can one can learn forex trading by watching this type of videos?

Leave a comment:

• FX Magician
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rashed1
    replied
    really good insight to what HFT is capable of, i liked the "magic shoebox" defense on the IEX

thanks for posting this

Leave a comment:

• mlawson71
    replied
    I've read about W.D. Gann, he was a fascinating man.

Leave a comment:

• Vladimir Dolgindki
    replied
    Hi, people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-iC--QXK24

Leave a comment:

• profitmarket
    replied
    With whatever field or investment you'd like to take on, there are always tools and resources available to assist you. And this is especially true when it comes to Forex. The currency market can be quite overwhelming, and becoming a successful Forex trader does not come from pure luck. There are simply too many factors that can affect the direction that currency prices will move toward.

Leave a comment:

• Mahbub Kafi
    replied
    Thank you very much Daniel, you are so consistent! I see, nowadays novice traders mostly like to use video tutorial for learning purpose! No double, this is the most standard way of learning rather than eBook reading or anything else! Actually, there is nothing like shape on learning, but it’s true; learning is a long term process! So, don’t be hurry!

Leave a comment:

• Mike Cole
    replied
    Freshly released FOMC Forex market analysis by one of the best Forex traders, Yagub Rahimov. You are welcome, guys.

http://atozforex.com/news/fomc-forex...nalysis-video/

Leave a comment:

• Eliza Abrams
    replied
    Originally posted by salsashark View Post
    That guy thinks to much...find your rules back test them a million times and stick to them. Dive your plan and plan your dive....Emotions sure why not but don't break your rules. Like never kick a dog and always help old ladies cross the street.
    Who is doing that actually?

Leave a comment:

• salsashark
    replied
    That guy thinks to much...find your rules back test them a million times and stick to them. Dive your plan and plan your dive....Emotions sure why not but don't break your rules. Like never kick a dog and always help old ladies cross the street.

Leave a comment:

• haidenpratt122
    replied
    Very interesting! This might interest you lot

Leave a comment:

• SwissToni
    replied
    Looks intersting Daniel. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Daniel
    replied
    The Big Short Official Trailer:

Leave a comment:

• forexbonuslab
    replied
    Hey! The videos you sent are not funny at all! Go to other thread!

Leave a comment:

• Ethan
    replied
    Hi guys,

I also wanted to share some insightful information about the markets.

I saw a video that you may know which discusses the randomness of Forex price
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZdBzFcvwQY

Fairly long video but in a nutshell, the video (and then comments below the video) explains that forex market is mostly random with pocket of non-randomness (after news event, etc) that can be exploited.

This would be the implication:
    • Mostly random: therefore technical analysis only, does not work.
    • Periods of non-randomness, on the other hand could potentially be exploited in theory. Then, the operational side comes into play with higher spread, slippage, re-quotes etc, which, may not yield profitable trades in practice, although this is where you have a better chance to develop some kind of edge.

Professional traders (hedge fund, prop trading, etc) don’t use charts. They use order book and market profile. I’m not even sure that still works as much as before due to the ubiquitous HFT…Banks, institutional traders and brokers would use charts but simply to see where they are most likely to generate a high number of stop-losses hits. They know what the most common strategies are (support, resistance, MA at obvious levels…), and who is using them: retail traders

Indeed, as you know, the markets are rigged by the big boys, that’s why FX Viper does not stop losses if I’m not mistaken. This article shows an example of that:
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-1...els-chat-rooms

Effectively it comes down to:
    • Who do you have an edge over?
    • How do you precisely get that edge and how are you exploiting it?

A small edge along with reasonable expectations (couple of % per month) is enough to have a profitable strategy. Added to that is the ability to adapt constantly to market change, as this small edge may disappear if too many are using it.

The way it works is that there are still a small portion of traders/systems making a lot of profits for a few months and then, they blow their account (FX amplifier, Dayfox…). Not sure where the period of profits is coming from, combination of luck with small edge that eventually disappears as markets dislocate to take a new form.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X