Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting videos about Forex, Trading, etc.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Mario come out and push the euro..I know you are long on euro

Comment

Originally posted by imwrong View Post
        Mario come out and push the euro..I know you are long on euro
        You want it to up hard?

Comment

Something I posted in chat, but worth watching for those that missed it. Steve Ward is a trading head shrinker of sorts, excellent information. Down the lines of Mark Douglas

http://www.fxstreet.com/webinars/ses...cess-20140414/

http://www.fxstreet.com/search/contr...&contenttype=e

Comment

UK series on Trading. This episode is on retail traders. Also worth checking out Episode 1

“If you want to get rich, just find someone making lots of money and do what he’s doing.”

Billionaire J. Paul Getty

Comment

One of my best Forex mentors , a great interview that just speaks plain truth away from the normal zombie talk other traders talk . Check it out.

LBC Forex Room
              Daily Currency Value Analysis

Following a great mind slavishly merely creates new religions, and religions are bad, because they destroy what is most important to us, which is individual thought, 'Roger M'

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Benj View Post
                One of my best Forex mentors , a great interview that just speaks plain truth away from the normal zombie talk other traders talk . Check it out.
                That dude's intense!
                Last edited by SwissToni; 10-08-2014, 03:23 AM.
                “If you want to get rich, just find someone making lots of money and do what he’s doing.”

Billionaire J. Paul Getty

Comment

So we need to be scared to lose in order to win, simple

Comment

Video with Paul Tudor Jones, nice 80's feel. Some great quotes and how he saw black monday coming.

''Where you want to be is always in control, never wishing, always trading, and always first and foremost protecting your ass. That’s why most people lose money as individual investors or traders because they’re not focusing on losing money. They need to focus on the money that they have at risk and how much capital is at risk in any single investment they have. If everyone spent 90 percent of their time on that, not 90 percent of the time on pie-in-the-sky ideas on how much money they’re going to make. Then they will be incredibly successful investors.''
                    Last edited by beaumz; 10-25-2014, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Absolutely fascinating video.
                      -"An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today"-

Follow me on Quora for Q&A on Forex: https://www.quora.com/profile/Dominic-Gilbert-2

Comment

Also this one too. World of quant. (quantitative) traders.

-"An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today"-

Follow me on Quora for Q&A on Forex: https://www.quora.com/profile/Dominic-Gilbert-2

Comment

Comment

Not about Forex but still cool

Comment

Hi guys,

I also wanted to share some insightful information about the markets.

I saw a video that you may know which discusses the randomness of Forex price
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZdBzFcvwQY

Fairly long video but in a nutshell, the video (and then comments below the video) explains that forex market is mostly random with pocket of non-randomness (after news event, etc) that can be exploited.

This would be the implication:
                              • Mostly random: therefore technical analysis only, does not work.
                              • Periods of non-randomness, on the other hand could potentially be exploited in theory. Then, the operational side comes into play with higher spread, slippage, re-quotes etc, which, may not yield profitable trades in practice, although this is where you have a better chance to develop some kind of edge.

Professional traders (hedge fund, prop trading, etc) don’t use charts. They use order book and market profile. I’m not even sure that still works as much as before due to the ubiquitous HFT…Banks, institutional traders and brokers would use charts but simply to see where they are most likely to generate a high number of stop-losses hits. They know what the most common strategies are (support, resistance, MA at obvious levels…), and who is using them: retail traders

Indeed, as you know, the markets are rigged by the big boys, that’s why FX Viper does not stop losses if I’m not mistaken. This article shows an example of that:
                              http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-1...els-chat-rooms

Effectively it comes down to:
                              • Who do you have an edge over?
                              • How do you precisely get that edge and how are you exploiting it?

A small edge along with reasonable expectations (couple of % per month) is enough to have a profitable strategy. Added to that is the ability to adapt constantly to market change, as this small edge may disappear if too many are using it.

The way it works is that there are still a small portion of traders/systems making a lot of profits for a few months and then, they blow their account (FX amplifier, Dayfox…). Not sure where the period of profits is coming from, combination of luck with small edge that eventually disappears as markets dislocate to take a new form.

Comment

Hey! The videos you sent are not funny at all! Go to other thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X