Possible New York VPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible New York VPS

Hey guys - we have been working for months to try and look to offer VPS in New York near all the current Brokers as we are aware that some of you would prefer low latency to your broker.

Now we are looking at numerous options but we'd just like to see if 2ms would be acceptable to your broker in terms of latency?

Yay or nay?
    Yes
    84.62%
    No - needs to be lower
    15.38%

Please answer honestly - as this will cost us many many monies So we really do need to make sure that what we offer is going to be something that you would be happy with and be happy to purchase.

Thanks.

Comment

2ms is fine with me as long as the connect is stable under heavy load, I don't think any less than that will give better results
      for me, I will change from UK to NY via as soon a sit is ready if the pings are 2ms
      will the ST signaling server be moved to NY also?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Comment

We wouldn't move the signal database servers I doubt. Atleast that is not planned at the minute.

Right now we are just looking to expand on the VPS platform that we offer (not nessasarily just for people using the ST platform but as a whole)

Comment

Many people (such as myself) would have free 0.5-1ms NY4 VPS from their broker. Currently your UK VPS offers an alternative which has lower latency to your signal database. For this reason, I'm not sure a NY VPS offers anything most subs cant already get for free.

As Okda mentions, I think moving the signalling servers to NY would be more beneficial

Comment

Originally posted by pearcey2 View Post
            Many people (such as myself) would have free 0.5-1ms NY4 VPS from their broker. Currently your UK VPS offers an alternative which has lower latency to your signal database. For this reason, I'm not sure a NY VPS offers anything most subs cant already get for free.

As Okda mentions, I think moving the signalling servers to NY would be more beneficial
            Thanks for the feedback Pearcey. The idea is that we will be pitching this to brokers as a free offering to their clients.
            Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Ok that makes more sense!

One more question... On several occasions Will's said that we're better off with a UK VPS server since the latency to ST is more important that latency to our broker. Is there any advantage to having a NY VPS then?

However, in response to the original question...since my trade history shows execution times of 1-3 secs (I assume that's standard?), 2ms vs 1ms latency is neither here nor there really

Comment

Originally posted by pearcey2 View Post
                Ok that makes more sense!

One more question... On several occasions Will's said that we're better off with a UK VPS server since the latency to ST is more important that latency to our broker. Is there any advantage to having a NY VPS then?

However, in response to the original question...since my trade history shows execution times of 1-3 secs (I assume that's standard?), 2ms vs 1ms latency is neither here nor there really

That's correct. Having the VPS in New York will have virtually no effect on the speed in which signals are executed.

I'm also of the opinion that a few milliseconds difference in execution is largely over stated. I understand that everyone wants the best trading conditions possible, however the difference between 1ms and 50ms is probably less than 5% of the overall equation. The brokers ability to fill your order quickly is what matters.
                Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

For our copier - you are better with our UK VPS platform for the reasons I've stated before.

We are looking at this so we can fulfil the wishes of customers who want to be next to their broker in NY. This isn't really related to the copier.

Comment

Originally posted by WillT View Post
                    For our copier - you are better with our UK VPS platform for the reasons I've stated before.

We are looking at this so we can fulfil the wishes of customers who want to be next to their broker in NY. This isn't really related to the copier.
                    Yes, we want to offer our NY VPS to the clients that wants their VPS to be located closely to their broker. There could be many reasons for that, they trade other EAs, they want to use our support or just get the best quality VPS, simple as that

But we need to know if there is a demand for that, as we invest in the best quality hardware.

Comment

Comment

I also would like the ST server to be in NY and not UK. But I understood you don't want this for now. No pb.

Comment

Working...
                        X