No announcement yet.

How much annual return do people want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much annual return do people want?

I'm full time trader, I target 45% to 70% annually. Share what percentage you are looking for annually from following others.

Thanks,
    Asad Shah

4-5% per week fair enough

Comment

I would say 2% pr week or 8% pr month. Keeping my risk low.

Comment

I don't understand the whole percentage thing, I don't believe I ever will either. I do know % is a difference of your account balance. So it will be different if you're not consistent on each trade and return. 10 pips $10 per traded from the 1st trade to the last trade. There is no reason not to earn 65% to 75% annually Depends on how you want to look and use it.

I look for a return of 15% minimum each month. Is what I look forward to. April is not looking so hopeful....

Comment

EricB,

the simple version of your reply would be = 535% if compounded or 180% if not, those are the numbers based on your 15% monthly

Comment

for me, i set different targets depending on the account balance

for a big account that i depend on as an income i will be targeting 100% compounded ( for example Viper @ 2.5x ) which is nearly 6% monthly

for an account less than 500$ , the main target will be learning and enjoying while the target will be anything between 25% and 70% monthly

Comment

I agree with Okda its depend on balance. Even 5% is enough monthly profit if your account balance is 100k but with 1k even you will not be happy with 20% monthly profit.

Comment

Hey Asad,

You ask the ultimate question.

Check out the now defunct Turtle Forex Poll called What are your Expectations. You'll find a good debate about exactly the subject you have raised here.

'Happy Trading!', as our old mate would have said.

Roger

Comment

Originally posted by trading100k View Post
                  I agree with Okda its depend on balance. Even 5% is enough monthly profit if your account balance is 100k but with 1k even you will not be happy with 20% monthly profit.
                  This is probably one of the most important things you need to understand if you want to succeed in this business .... Size does matter! It is not possible to make 5 - 10 % a week consistently without taking on an incredible amount of risk.

Comment

All I need 3 times more profit then my dd. If my account dd is 20% then I need more then 60% profit end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Fido View Post
                      This is probably one of the most important things you need to understand if you want to succeed in this business .... Size does matter! It is not possible to make 5 - 10 % a week consistently without taking on an incredible amount of risk.
                      Exactly, risking too much even on smaller account will result into margin call/account blown (it's just a matter of time). If you don't have enough money to invest into forex then simply don't. Put that money into bank account and wait till you will get a larger sum.

Comment

To paraphrase the question, so the most important aspect is considered.

How much are you comfortable to loss in order to achieve the return you want? Return does not come free, it is a function of risk.

Cheers,
                        FxTurtle

Comment

Working...
                        X