Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion, who is the best trader on ForexSignals.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In your opinion, who is the best trader on ForexSignals.com?

I posted this in another thread, but I figured that it would generate more constructive discussion in a thread of it's own. I pulled some quick statistics on the YTD performance of the team traders of ForexSignals.com, I'll post them all below except for JK which we can leave out for obvious reasons. Underscored categories are where the trader has the best stats compared to the others.

TradeAlerter 2x Risk YTD:
    Avg Monthly ROI: 3,37%
    Max DD; 7,99%
    DD to ROI ratio: 3,12

Max DD Length: ~ 1 mo

Viper 2x Risk YTD:
    Avg Monthly ROI: 4,74%
    Max DD; 22,35%
    DD to ROI ratio: 1,66
    Max DD Length: ~ 2 mo

SmartTrader Risk 1 YTD:
    Avg Monthly ROI: 2,34%
    Max DD; 7,68%
    DD to ROI ratio: 2,23

So in your opinion, who is the best trader of ForexSignals.com right now? Also try to refrain from posting oneliners please elaborate on your answers as to why you think so .

Where is FX Amplified?

If you're talking about the YTD he's killing it.

I'm made 67% (over $7,000) on my account. (4x risk)

He's also been very consistent.

I feel like the drawdown from last year has turned people off, however I'm encouraged by the recovery. Now you know that if this shit really hits the fan he's got the ability to get out of it.
    Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

you don't want to include traders from connectforex ?
      Last edited by Okda; 07-24-2014, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        Where is FX Amplified?

If you're talking about the YTD he's killing it.

I'm made 67% (over $7,000) on my account. (4x risk)

He's also been very consistent.

I feel like the drawdown from last year has turned people off, however I'm encouraged by the recovery. Now you know that if this shit really hits the fan he's got the ability to get out of it.

You're right, FXAmplified I forgot. For me really, what concerns me about FX Amplified is the fact that he constantly changes strategy although, it seems to have been good for him now, it is a bit intimidating.

Comment

maybe AMPS changing could be viewed as simply adaptation, guess people see it different ways. I understand the apprehension based on that, but I don't think that is a big concern if you are careful with risk.

Comment

Spacey in answer to your question, essentially the answer could be in the DD to ROI ratio.

The higher that is the more pleased that I am.

I don't know if that necessarily means that TA is the best, as it's something which is hard to quantify. But all we have is stats, right? But for me they are the best three on the site, not just because of stats but because they are all active members here that I know have our backs. And that is just as important as the stats to me. Is a main reason why I am turned off of Joel Kruger as he hardly comes on, if he was more active (and didn't have such a terrible start - then I would rate him too) But purely stats speaking I like the monthly profit to max drawdwon ratio when I look for traders.

What are AMP's stats just out of interest?

Comment

If you take the stats give in first post and then get them to similar risk levels they show Tradealerter to be better

TradeAlerter 2x Risk YTD:
              Avg Monthly ROI: 3,37%
              Max DD; 7,99%
              DD to ROI ratio: 3,12

Viper 2x Risk YTD:
              Avg Monthly ROI: 4,74%
              Max DD; 22,35%
              DD to ROI ratio: 1,66
              Max DD Length: ~ 2 mo

SmartTrader Risk 1 YTD:
              Avg Monthly ROI: 2,34%
              Max DD; 7,68%
              DD to ROI ratio: 2,23

So for example both Viper and TA are 2 times risk opposed to ST on risk 1. So take Viper down to risk 1 and you get almost identical ROI monthly, 2.37 versus 2.34. however ST DD was only 7.68% whilst Viper at risk 1 would have been 11.18% So ST looks safer than Viper. Now look at TA, take his risk down to level 1 and you get 1.685 ROI monthly with about 4% DD. If you round up the ROI to similar to Viper/ST, ie 2.35%, your DD here would be just 5.58%. So all 3 vendors on risk 1 with same ROI their DD looks like this:

TradeAlerter 2.35 ROI% 5.58 DD%

Smart Trader 2.34 ROI% 7.68 DD%

Viper 2.37 ROI% 11.18 DD%

Please feel free to pick holes in this. Its just basic calculations
              Last edited by The Hobbit; 08-10-2014, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Viper dd length exceed 4 months with the current uc trade AFAIK

Comment

Working...
                X