• Managed Accounts
  • Trusted Brokers
  • Blog
  • Forex Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perfect boring signal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Perfect boring signal

    Hi all,

    I would like to share with you some idea
    During last few months, I had "pleasure" to subscribe to few great looking signals - World Peace Cookie, Golden FX trader, Alexprofit and look closley to others, like SiamFX to mention just few of them. All have one thing in common - they jumping out like rabbit from the hat to top position on signals list, performing quite well for short period of time, then in few days (or one day also), wipe out all profits, go into serious DD and finally finish with margin call. Of course history looks amazing at the begining.

    Most traders, after publication and getting subscribers, in my opinion start to think that know better what will be happen on the market. Almost all of them very quickly start to trade with some insane risk and of course, agaist trend. And finally lose.

    I personally use signals as one of my activities on FX. Part of trading doing on my own, part is EA only, part are signals. My motivation to use signals is simple - I have no enough time to be glued to charts for whole day. Also, I really think that somebody outthere has wider experience, like trading and in general want to ear money for living in this way.
    So I really like to pay for this job and diverisify my FX portfolio.

    I will be very happy, if simpletrader will find one-few traders, that commit and stick to few rules:
    1. Trade only and definetley only with trend. In a matter of fact, this is at 1, 2, and 150 position in priority list
    2. Max risk on open position no more than 2-3% of balance
    3. Always cut loses, always use SL
    4. Opening position only when risk:reward is > 1

    Consider what could be profit, if we had this kind of signal last 2 months on USD for example. Not trying to catch market top/bottom. Wait for trend confirmation, one month or longer if required. And then, opening only shorts on each pullback.
    Boring, boring strategy. But stable, profitable, require lots of time and not generating 4000000% in one month.
    But I think, most of us looking for this type of signal - stable, managable and boring. I'm willing to pay much more 100$/month for this kind of work done by serious trader.

    Really courious your opinion. Maybe we motivate Nick and simpletrader team to look and hire few this kind of serious thinking traders.
    BTW, DayFox looks promising as I watching (and following as well) his trading strategy.

    BR
    Art

  • #2
    Originally posted by Art_1 View Post
    Hi all,

    I would like to share with you some idea
    During last few months, I had "pleasure" to subscribe to few great looking signals - World Peace Cookie, Golden FX trader, Alexprofit and look closley to others, like SiamFX to mention just few of them. All have one thing in common - they jumping out like rabbit from the hat to top position on signals list, performing quite well for short period of time, then in few days (or one day also), wipe out all profits, go into serious DD and finally finish with margin call. Of course history looks amazing at the begining.

    Most traders, after publication and getting subscribers, in my opinion start to think that know better what will be happen on the market. Almost all of them very quickly start to trade with some insane risk and of course, agaist trend. And finally lose.

    I personally use signals as one of my activities on FX. Part of trading doing on my own, part is EA only, part are signals. My motivation to use signals is simple - I have no enough time to be glued to charts for whole day. Also, I really think that somebody outthere has wider experience, like trading and in general want to ear money for living in this way.
    So I really like to pay for this job and diverisify my FX portfolio.

    I will be very happy, if simpletrader will find one-few traders, that commit and stick to few rules:
    1. Trade only and definetley only with trend. In a matter of fact, this is at 1, 2, and 150 position in priority list
    2. Max risk on open position no more than 2-3% of balance
    3. Always cut loses, always use SL
    4. Opening position only when risk:reward is > 1

    Consider what could be profit, if we had this kind of signal last 2 months on USD for example. Not trying to catch market top/bottom. Wait for trend confirmation, one month or longer if required. And then, opening only shorts on each pullback.
    Boring, boring strategy. But stable, profitable, require lots of time and not generating 4000000% in one month.
    But I think, most of us looking for this type of signal - stable, managable and boring. I'm willing to pay much more 100$/month for this kind of work done by serious trader.

    Really courious your opinion. Maybe we motivate Nick and simpletrader team to look and hire few this kind of serious thinking traders.
    BTW, DayFox looks promising as I watching (and following as well) his trading strategy.

    BR
    Art
    Sounds like you're describing smarttrader

    Comment


    • #3
      One of the hardest things with these types of signals - they are VERY hard to entice the trader on board. The retail market loves a bit of action, so when a trader comes along doing 3-4 trades / month - they get no followers, and as such we can't keep them interested in working with us.

      Its a bad circle - and one we constantly battle.

      Comment


      • #4
        thanks for your comment, I think this kind of strategy and trading style can be applied to short perdiods of time / intraday as well. Trader can do 10 position / day if he likes to. But with trend and reasonable risk

        @pearcey2 - yap, something like that done by live trader. And few available traders to diversify risk

        BR
        Art

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Art_1 View Post
          Hi all,

          I would like to share with you some idea
          During last few months, I had "pleasure" to subscribe to few great looking signals - World Peace Cookie, Golden FX trader, Alexprofit and look closley to others, like SiamFX to mention just few of them. All have one thing in common - they jumping out like rabbit from the hat to top position on signals list, performing quite well for short period of time, then in few days (or one day also), wipe out all profits, go into serious DD and finally finish with margin call. Of course history looks amazing at the begining.

          Most traders, after publication and getting subscribers, in my opinion start to think that know better what will be happen on the market. Almost all of them very quickly start to trade with some insane risk and of course, agaist trend. And finally lose.

          I personally use signals as one of my activities on FX. Part of trading doing on my own, part is EA only, part are signals. My motivation to use signals is simple - I have no enough time to be glued to charts for whole day. Also, I really think that somebody outthere has wider experience, like trading and in general want to ear money for living in this way.
          So I really like to pay for this job and diverisify my FX portfolio.

          I will be very happy, if simpletrader will find one-few traders, that commit and stick to few rules:
          1. Trade only and definetley only with trend. In a matter of fact, this is at 1, 2, and 150 position in priority list
          2. Max risk on open position no more than 2-3% of balance
          3. Always cut loses, always use SL
          4. Opening position only when risk:reward is > 1

          Consider what could be profit, if we had this kind of signal last 2 months on USD for example. Not trying to catch market top/bottom. Wait for trend confirmation, one month or longer if required. And then, opening only shorts on each pullback.
          Boring, boring strategy. But stable, profitable, require lots of time and not generating 4000000% in one month.
          But I think, most of us looking for this type of signal - stable, managable and boring. I'm willing to pay much more 100$/month for this kind of work done by serious trader.

          Really courious your opinion. Maybe we motivate Nick and simpletrader team to look and hire few this kind of serious thinking traders.
          BTW, DayFox looks promising as I watching (and following as well) his trading strategy.

          BR
          Art
          I agree with you Art.

          The strategies you've mentioned have all been listed on connectforex.com, not here.

          I'm of the belief that you're better to turn up the risk on a conservative trader if you would like to attempt to elevate your returns rather than finding a signal that is punching out 50%+ per month.

          Nobody can make 50% (even 20%) per month consistently. NOBODY

          I'm always on the look out for new, professional traders. The main criteria is not gains, but the gains relative to drawdown.
          Would you like free lifetime access to our forex trading room?

          Open an account at Blueberry Markets and save the $97/monthly fee.

          Click here to find out more.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hello Art

            I'm a new Signal started last month using SimpleTrader thanks to Nick.

            Have a look JD TRADER: Forex Signals

            2 Active Subs on the books

            Safe Trading
            JD

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JD_TRADER View Post
              Hello Art

              I'm a new Signal started last month using SimpleTrader thanks to Nick.

              Have a look JD TRADER: Forex Signals

              2 Active Subs on the books

              Safe Trading
              JD
              Hello JD_Trader,

              Intresting, but after history analysis your risk / reward ratio is not acceptable for me. You have about 20% DD and 11% gain with profit factor at 1,5.
              Second thing, you've played long on Gold (16-22.09) when trend is clear down (strong usd only multiplies this). So for me, it was clear trend agaist play and unfortunetly those positions were hold to long alowing to increase loses.
              I will closley monitor your progress and wish you the best, but consider subscribe decision after 6 months of your trading, if trend following strategy will be applied and DD no bigger than this one spike.

              BTW, I've made a "genius discover" right now, FX Viper is most similar to my ideal signal dream ) I need to dig dipper into trading history and check why some trades were at strange lot size.
              But at this moment, it looks 95% good. So, DayFox and FXViper fulfill almost idealy my criteria
              Looking for more this kind of traders

              BR
              Art

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi Art,

                you should take a look at my signal. Seems like it suits expected trading style. Additionally there is one point you can adjust yourself: Risk adjustment.
                Just take a look at the description i wrote on the signal page. Please keep in mind that 10-15% draw downs are quite common and there is no way you would not face it with the signal masterīs account risk profile. Just set up your lot (!) multiplier accordingly to suit your preferred risk.


                Kind regards
                ASTA light master account - myfxbook link
                Former ASTA light signal account with 12 months trading history - myfxbook link

                Link to signal on simpletrader website

                Comment


                • #9
                  Honestly, based on your criteria I would say TA would match most closely, he runs with a hard equity stop of (5%) but it could of course be adjusted lower using a lower risk multiplier. His gains are moderate with an average of 1,3% this year I think. Most importantly he sticks with his rules, he always cuts his losses when the hard equity stop is hit and therefore his equity chart isn't as "attractive" as some other traders but he's been consistent and has almost 20 months of history by now IIRC.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ProfBernardo View Post
                    Hi Art,

                    you should take a look at my signal. Seems like it suits expected trading style. Additionally there is one point you can adjust yourself: Risk adjustment.
                    Just take a look at the description i wrote on the signal page. Please keep in mind that 10-15% draw downs are quite common and there is no way you would not face it with the signal masterīs account risk profile. Just set up your lot (!) multiplier accordingly to suit your preferred risk.


                    Kind regards
                    Hi ProfBernardo,

                    I have to admit, your signal is on my watch list and closley monitor progress and trading style on mfb for some time already
                    Like your approach to trading, allowing profit to growh and keep positive floating P/L. This is very wise and allow to better manage risk, so respect for this.
                    I'm little bit confused with few transactions agaist trend, but they were cut at reasonable level. Also fixed lot size is useful, because allow to manage risk (lot) multiplier acording to subscriber profile. So next point for that.
                    I will definetley watch this signal for 2-3 months to see how stable it is.
                    Consider some improvment if you agree to follow-trend strategy (I'm using this kind of filter in own semi-automatic trading). Quite useful tool is Keltner Channel from 15-20 periods on D1 or W1 timeframe. If price out of channel (up or down), it points very strong momentum on market in particular direction. So for example, if I have D1 and W1 price outside Keltner, not allow at any circumstances to trade EA/Manual in opposite direction. Many times it save significant part of a/c and cure my from my quick "briliant" ideas for trading - to your consideration.

                    But anyway, signal looks promising, keep watching it and cross fingers for your work

                    BR
                    Art

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Spacey View Post
                      Honestly, based on your criteria I would say TA would match most closely, he runs with a hard equity stop of (5%) but it could of course be adjusted lower using a lower risk multiplier. His gains are moderate with an average of 1,3% this year I think. Most importantly he sticks with his rules, he always cuts his losses when the hard equity stop is hit and therefore his equity chart isn't as "attractive" as some other traders but he's been consistent and has almost 20 months of history by now IIRC.
                      Hi Spacey,

                      Thanks for bringing attention to TA, some time ago I've checked his history and probably it was month ago with about -5%, after few months of really small profit. So I do not focus on this signal, because all gains from about 6months was erased by one bad month.
                      But I will spend some time to analyze and rethink TA, thanks

                      BR
                      Art

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Art_1 View Post
                        Hi ProfBernardo,

                        I have to admit, your signal is on my watch list and closley monitor progress and trading style on mfb for some time already
                        Like your approach to trading, allowing profit to growh and keep positive floating P/L. This is very wise and allow to better manage risk, so respect for this.
                        I'm little bit confused with few transactions agaist trend, but they were cut at reasonable level. Also fixed lot size is useful, because allow to manage risk (lot) multiplier acording to subscriber profile. So next point for that.
                        I will definetley watch this signal for 2-3 months to see how stable it is.
                        Consider some improvment if you agree to follow-trend strategy (I'm using this kind of filter in own semi-automatic trading). Quite useful tool is Keltner Channel from 15-20 periods on D1 or W1 timeframe. If price out of channel (up or down), it points very strong momentum on market in particular direction. So for example, if I have D1 and W1 price outside Keltner, not allow at any circumstances to trade EA/Manual in opposite direction. Many times it save significant part of a/c and cure my from my quick "briliant" ideas for trading - to your consideration.

                        But anyway, signal looks promising, keep watching it and cross fingers for your work

                        BR
                        Art
                        This strategy is based on following trends, so there wonīt nor will be any counter-trend trading at all. Although you can see some single trades that might occur as counter-trend, but that is only due to scaling in and out of the net position (which is always in the direction of the trend!). Additionally i am not a big fan of indicators. Usually concentrating on price action and fundamentals. Indicators could be useful, but only used with discretion.

                        Kind regards
                        ASTA light master account - myfxbook link
                        Former ASTA light signal account with 12 months trading history - myfxbook link

                        Link to signal on simpletrader website

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Maybe this post would be better in the doing business topic, but I think it relevant here. Nick got the traders needed on here to make everyone some cash. What I think might also help is having an investment manager to follow, as an additional service. So you can either follow each trader as you do now, or follow an investment manager. Its just another option. Naturally for this you will pay a premium, as they traders and investment manager need to earn money.

                          The investment manager will take the traders he feels are a good blend, and actively adjust the risk on each accordingly. He will actively manage the account, if the trader is going through a bad run he will be cut down. This will trigger a single account that can be followed as stand alone signal. With an objective of reaching between 5% and 10% a month, but closer to 5%. The investment manager signal DD will be very low as the objective return can be easily reached by a single trader, so as a group risk can be turned right down. A follower can turn up the risk on the bundled signal if he likes, but the objective is for a stable investment signal. Naturally to cover the premium a larger cost to investor will be required, or if its a pamm the standard rate with 5% or similar going to the manager.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X