Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safe traders more risky than risky ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mahbub Kafi
    replied
    There is nothing like safe in Forex! We believe probability not certainity! That means, there is nothing like 100% in Forex business! I am sure, you have such a bad experience to face SL point even though; you were close to TP on that trade! So, traders need to use same risk reward ratio in their trading!

Leave a comment:

• fos4x
    replied
    Agree. Money management is the key to winning in trading. Winners are those who can stay in the market the longest and gain more than they lose.

Leave a comment:

• Pie
    replied
    I know of some traders that enter the market many times with a tight SL but they let the winners run! So you really got to see the method the person is trading. If you want many pips gain, you may have to do that.

Take a look at the below link, these are for patient people. Can you let 40 trades go SL with 5 pips until you hit home run (a trade that can 10* your account), money mgt is key here.

Share ideas, debate tactics, and swap war stories with forex traders from around the world.

I guess many times all of us thought we know best, but if you really study, learn and gain knowledge..you will see that we actually do not know much. Many times, what we say are just a point of view, another way of earning profit etc

I m not saying anyone or whatsoever, just to everyone....open our eyes.
    Last edited by Pie ; 12-08-2014, 08:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Pie
    replied
    whatever it is, one has different ways of choosing a signal provider. Whether he likes to emphasis on dd or risk or roi or gain, it is his personal view.

All have to agree to disagree. End of the day, you sign up for a signal provider because you like what you see in the fx book live and thus signed up. You set your own max risk dd (usually as suggested by the vendor) and go for it.

For example Viper, I love Viper but some may not like him because of his RR. so in many ways, each to his own.

Leave a comment:

• nwboater
    replied
    p3t3rjj - I really don't want to further fan the flames here, but............ I think that calling Prof's posting BS without any evidence is way over the top and as far as I can tell totally undeserved. You have some interesting points to make as always, but you totally negate any value they may have with your accusatory tone.

Thus far Prof has handled himself in a very gentleman like manner and I believe until there is some evidence of wrongdoing he should be treated likewise.

Cheers,
    Rod

Leave a comment:

• p3t3rjj
    replied
    Originally posted by pearcey2 View Post
    Funny thing is "in the end I'm usually right" is about the most credible bit of evidence you've provided. And its flaky at best. Your arrogance and patronizing tone pretty much undermines your every argument
    My arrogance is only surpassed by my brilliance - Come on the chat, I be there London hours Tue to Thursday. Its a lot of fun.

Leave a comment:

• pearcey2
    replied
    Originally posted by p3t3rjj View Post
    Ok Percy, we will just agree to disagree. Pointless filling this topic that was useful with more BS. But as you will notice with most of these topics in the end I am usually right.
    Funny thing is "in the end I'm usually right" is about the most credible bit of evidence you've provided. And its flaky at best. Your arrogance and patronizing tone pretty much undermines your every argument

Leave a comment:

• p3t3rjj
    replied
    Lol there's nothing in my post that not "chilled" I'm more than functional in the mornings and I completely get it

Still doesn't change the fact that you rip into a trader simply because he won't show you if he has any more money backing him and say he's being overly sensitive when he has every right to defend himself.

Reread my post peter. You'll get it
    Ok Percy, we will just agree to disagree. Pointless filling this topic that was useful with more BS. But as you will notice with most of these topics in the end I am usually right.

Leave a comment:

• pearcey2
    replied
    Chill Percy, its 7am in Melbourne. Go grab a coffee then come back and reread what I wrote. You'll get it.
    Lol there's nothing in my post that not "chilled" I'm more than functional in the mornings and I completely get it

Still doesn't change the fact that you rip into a trader simply because he won't show you if he has any more money backing him and say he's being overly sensitive when he has every right to defend himself.

Reread my post peter. You'll get it

Leave a comment:

• p3t3rjj
    replied
    Sounds fantastic, but how about we stay on topic

Leave a comment:

• p3t3rjj
    replied
    A but rich calling him "sensitive" then saying everything he posts is "BS" don't you think? If I were a vendor I'd take offense as well as should anyone.

Whether ASTA has institutional backing or it is a guy in his mums basement as no doubt I'm sure you've seen from your extensive experience on this site, a huge trading account and a long history don't always amount to a safe and reliable signal. If you subscribed to every signal which met that criteria you'd have a very empty bank account by now.

If you don't like his signal that's cool. But don't abuse him and wonder why he chooses to defend himself. As it is I think his posts have been quite reasonable given the ease with which an anonymous user can attempt to pull his system apart with no evidence for support.

How can you say he wasn't the focus of the conversation when you clearly referenced his signal? How can you reference this signal in the "how to spot a risky signal" thread when the system unlike many other signals cuts losers quickly and always holds open profitable positions?
    Chill Percy, its 7am in Melbourne. Go grab a coffee then come back and reread what I wrote. You'll get it.

Leave a comment:

• pearcey2
    replied
    Wow the mangina's are sensitive around here. As I said it was my opinion on how to spot a system that is risky, and you were top of the forum post list at that moment, so clicked on you and used your BS as an example. There is no escalation or aggression here, you were not the focus of the conversation. I really don't care what you do, you were just a suitable example. Your response just proves the point even further, and would be a good lesson for someone new to sniff it out.

Whatever your explanation is for the small account is nothing we haven't heard before here, same same but different. But in reality its usually some guy in hes moms basement trading hes unemployment cheque referring to himself as WE. You don't need myfxbook a few screenshots would help. And poor old Jeff gets himself compared to every new kid on the block, comparing their 5 minutes of trading history to hes 19 months. Sure he didn't publicly advertise hes history that I know of. But dropping 100k from day one said a hell of alot.

But again the conversation is not about you, you were just a convenient example.
    A but rich calling him "sensitive" then saying everything he posts is "BS" don't you think? If I were a vendor I'd take offense as well as should anyone.

Whether ASTA has institutional backing or it is a guy in his mums basement as no doubt I'm sure you've seen from your extensive experience on this site, a huge trading account and a long history don't always amount to a safe and reliable signal. If you subscribed to every signal which met that criteria you'd have a very empty bank account by now.

If you don't like his signal that's cool. But don't abuse him and wonder why he chooses to defend himself. As it is I think his posts have been quite reasonable given the ease with which an anonymous user can attempt to pull his system apart with no evidence for support.

How can you say he wasn't the focus of the conversation when you clearly referenced his signal? How can you reference this signal in the "how to spot a risky signal" thread when the system unlike many other signals cuts losers quickly and always holds open profitable positions?

Leave a comment:

• ProfBernardo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• p3t3rjj
    replied
    Wow the mangina's are sensitive around here. As I said it was my opinion on how to spot a system that is risky, and you were top of the forum post list at that moment, so clicked on you and used your BS as an example. There is no escalation or aggression here, you were not the focus of the conversation. I really don't care what you do, you were just a suitable example. Your response just proves the point even further, and would be a good lesson for someone new to sniff it out.

Whatever your explanation is for the small account is nothing we haven't heard before here, same same but different. But in reality its usually some guy in hes moms basement trading hes unemployment cheque referring to himself as WE. You don't need myfxbook a few screenshots would help. And poor old Jeff gets himself compared to every new kid on the block, comparing their 5 minutes of trading history to hes 19 months. Sure he didn't publicly advertise hes history that I know of. But dropping 100k from day one said a hell of alot.

But again the conversation is not about you, you were just a convenient example.

Leave a comment:

• ProfBernardo
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X