Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Knowledge

Hello all

This is my first post so I hope I have the right place. I am trying to get into forex but would like to try and get as much knowledge beforehand as possible. I try to look into it on the web but all I get is links to "academies" and what not that seem vague or outright scams. After finding Nicks interview of FX Viper on youtubeI came here. So I am hoping you guys have some idea where I can learn about forex and any recommendations on what online forex brokers have good demo accounts that I might practice with?

Hello Kukailimoku,

First place to visit might be http://www.babypips.com/ to get an impression of all the different methods to work through forex business.
    Second lesson to learn might be not to listen to much to self announce "forex gurus".
    Another great resource is http://www.donnaforex.com to get a more substantial insight.

And over all other aspects of wanting to be successful, never ever think of getting in a position that will cost you more than 1% of your equity at once.
    Try out trading on a micro real account without losing to much of your capital to learn how your emotions flow while in a trade position.
    You will see that no information can replace the real thing.

Good luck,

ESG
    Originally posted by Kukailimoku View Post
    Hello all

This is my first post so I hope I have the right place. I am trying to get into forex but would like to try and get as much knowledge beforehand as possible. I try to look into it on the web but all I get is links to "academies" and what not that seem vague or outright scams. After finding Nicks interview of FX Viper on youtubeI came here. So I am hoping you guys have some idea where I can learn about forex and any recommendations on what online forex brokers have good demo accounts that I might practice with?

Comment

IcMarkets has good demo accounts but i would instead recommend you too start of with a live educational trading account instead becuse Demo accounts is not soo very good for learning the basics of forex.

i am not saying you should deposit your entire salary or whatever money you have into a live account and start trading im saying start with a live account instead so you learn how to deal with ups and downs you need to be prepared for mental meltdown during drawndown and so on, i can only share from my own experience which is not very much.

Beside babypips there is also a mantra that you could follow: http://www.tothetick.com/25RulesForD...ingSuccess.pdf

Good luck and join the chatroom during Trading hours and learn from other people in there.

Comment

Google nial Fuller mate cheers

Comment

Thanx for all the feedback everyone its the best help I've gotten so far

Comment

Hello Kukailimoku,

Just to add one link that might be helpful:
            Forex Broker Reviews, Forex Scam Alerts, Forex Traders Court - unbiased forex brokers experts help traders find best forex brokers and avoid forex scam.

Could be interesting as there's always an ongoing discussion about good and bad in the forex world.

Regards,

ESG

Thanx for all the feedback everyone its the best help I've gotten so far

Comment

Originally posted by steady69 View Post
              Google nial Fuller mate cheers
              He just presents bogus trading methods to forex newbie. He is a marketeer like many of others in the league.

Hello all

Welcome to the world of forex.
              You will need to understand few things before getting into this business.
              1) Forex is not a get rich quick scheme.
              2) More than 90% people lose money in forex.
              3) You can not double your account every year consistently.
              4) You can never be a successful trader without blowing off couple of accounts.
              5) Trading is journey that require dedication and hard work.

Now come to learning.
              The best way to learn forex is by doing it practically, Just create a free demo account with a good broker like (IC Markets, AxiTrader, Global Prime)
              There is a lot of free well structure content available at babypips school and forexfactory forum.
              You will need to be a forex junky

Comment

Hi , can anyone say how to set up mt4 to alert when a signal enters a trade ? Thanks

Comment

Does anyone know if books like Forex for Dummies provide any useful info?

Comment

Comment

One very good resource, free and available online is from baby pips. https://www.babypips.com/learn/forex That's where you'll learn all the basics of Forex trading.

Comment

Originally posted by forextraderrr View Post
                        One very good resource, free and available online is from baby pips. https://www.babypips.com/learn/forex That's where you'll learn all the basics of Forex trading.
                        If this information was actually beneficial I would expect the general public would be making money in the financial markets. I always see traders directing other traders to go to babypips,

Comment

A practical thing to look into, for example, is whether you prefer to trade with or against the trend.
                          Both options have pros and cons, and both can be profitable if one knows how to do them well.

Comment

I feel lucky finding this thread! i usually try to analyze as much as i can by myself along with Investing.com, it's good to know of a few good sources

Comment

You can visit various websites or forums like you did here and you can get plenty of ideas about what forex is all about. And coming to demo accounts, maximum number of brokers (almost 90%) provides you the demo account. There is a possibility of difference between the spreads, execution and commissions in different brokers. I suggest you to practice with most of them as it is free and choose your broker wisely as per your own convenience and need.

Comment

Working...
                              X