Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 10

Week 10 - 0.22% gain

I found this the most difficult week to trade since I started my trades with a stricter set up. I only had about 4 or 5 pairs that fit my trading plan and most of those pairs involved the GBP. With some sketchy reports coming out of Japan mid-week in regards to more QE and some generally dodgy reporting on Twitter and various news feeds about this I decided to steer clear of shorting any yen pairs as the risk of yen weakening (that is exactly what happened) on these rumours just weren’t worth the risk.

But overall not much to report. Found it very frustrating, as what I thought were some good opportunities to short the commodity pairs would have actually gone sour on me. Again this is a perfect reason as to why to stick to a fairly strict entry protocol and match that with a sound money management plan from the onset. And the from that strict onset is where the discretion with trading can come from.

To basically trade what I see, not what I think.
    I am really hoping for some more set ups this next week and will actually be trading whilst travelling the world so the next 2 weeks it’s all about the laptop and setting up shop in a coffee stall and finding some trades between surf sessions and bus transfers!

Results.
    W10A.png
    W10B.png

So far…….
    W10Gain.png
    W10Growth.png

Best trade of the week.
    Man this trade was the little trade that could! Within a few pips of my SL I had set on multiple hourly bars, so I brought my TP down about 15% as it was within resistance levels. Amazingly had a huge turnaround and finally got that GBP weakness I was looking for. Nice!
    W10BT.png

Worst trade of the week.
    GBPUSD short, I actually entered at market here rather than set a pending limit order. Didn’t work out. In fact was way off. Thank God for SL’s…….
    W10WT.png

Biggest Mistake of the week.
    I moved my TP on my profitable trade…..yet as I am discretionary and not a robot I don’t see this as a bad thing. My R:R is intended to be 1:2 yet this hasn’t been the case recently as markets have been choppy. I have both lost and gained money by taking profits when I can over the last few weeks. Some trades will be allowed to run with a target higher that 1:2 if the opportunity arises. So it will work both ways.

Biggest Success of the week.
    Listening to the story that the charts told me and not the Big Bad Wolf that was nagging me to trade!!!

This cover is probably even better if know the original....

Comment

Good trading Journal BRM!
      Thanks for sharing, good luck mate!

Comment

The updates will be coming. I am away for 2 weeks with some pretty basic internet if indeed it even works.

Needless to say been 2 shocking weeks due to VPS failure, no internet and big events timing in with flights or boat trips.

Frustrating but this is also kind of what I was looking for, I want to see if i can fight my back to equity highs within next 3 weeks. Will be flying again this week during FOMC and NZD rates. This week I am trying to short the EU and AN. Also looking towards shorting E against one of the commodity pairs. And possibly long NC. Just trying to find the right entries but as this big news events are right smack bang in the middle or a flight lus in middle of my trading week I will put less amount of orders on. Bear in mind i am also likely going to leave trading the yen pairs as ECB messed up my UJ short last week. So FOMC will have an effect on yen pairs plus this bloody JPY press happening on Friday makes it almost untradeable (for my mid term length trading)

Hope all your trades fared better last 2 weeks

Comment

Week 11 - 1.58% loss

Week 11 - 1.58% loss

Well this is a frustrating week. I am away on holidays for 3 trading weeks. This being the first, and low and behold whilst I am am the plane with trades set up I have VPS shutdown with multiple MT4’s affected.

As I was on flight and arriving very late at night in a country with poor internet then you can imagine the hassle this has caused. So needless to say it wasn’t the greatest start to the holiday. I ended up having 3 trades. 2 hit SL almost straight away, 3rd trade was hit SL to the PIP and then went on to hit full TP. And due to VPS issues I cancelled 2 trades that also would of hit TP. So I finished the week for a 1.58% loss, rather than a profit of approx 2%. So a 3.5% turnaround is an absolute killer and caused me to be pretty pissed off (not with my trading but more with both my broker and VPS provider).

Which does raise the question in forex of liability. With IC Markets I will be chasing up $$$ for lost money (not on this manual account but on my signal account). But clearly my VPS provider isn’t going to pay me anything for their screw up. The irony behind the whole thing is I have had almost 100% up time this whole year and the only time I have been down is when i am 25’000 feet in the air for 7 hours!!! TYPICAL!!

Anyway as my ideas and entered trades for the week were still “profitable” I just had to take this in my stride and not let it bother my holiday once I got everything back up and running. Still. Gah! I like my winners and I like my stats! As the win % is around 50% I need those winners to count not get lost in the netherland.

Results.
          2015-11-04_14-46-13.png

So far…….

2015-11-04_14-49-07.png
          2015-11-04_14-49-43.png

Best trade of the week.
          The ones that got away!!! Grrrrrrrrr

Worst trade of the week.
          GBPUSD. Sold too close to support. Simple as that. Trade was over in 4 hours.
          2015-11-04_14-48-03.png

This has to be a lesson learned here that if I am flring and literally unable to be connected then i will not put trades on in the future. I was unable to be connected to Twitter thus positive GBP news stories quickly made my setup redundant for the timeframe they were entered.

There was no success this week, bar the fact that I didn’t fly into a fit of rage once had 10 emails notifying of VPS shutdown. Sigh.

Comment

Week 12 - 0.95% loss

Week 12 - 0.95% loss

Oh God another frustrating week. With a big lesson learned.
            This week I was selling EUR, selling AUDNZD, and up around 0.5% shorting USDJPY.
            And if you look at the charts you just have to wonder how on earth I finished negative this week.
            Well this one came down to both stupidity and inability to connect to MT4 via my mobile!!! God I hate you rice paddies with no internet connection!!!
            There are literally hundreds of pips here left on the table. Devastated!!
            Sold EURCAD on Tuesday but stop was too tight. That’s OK. It happens. However it has happened A LOT, thus there may be a slight change to my trading approach on the horizon. Will brainstorm this during this week as have been thinking upon it for some time.
            Sold AUDNZD and same thing just in too early. This pair since dropped so many pips. yes I know easy to say but again I have to look at these ATR’s more closely.
            It left me down 1% for the week. With my EURNZD short and USDJPY short I was up about 1.4% prior to Draghi. the intention was to move both SL to even and to take away the TP to let any big moves run. I literally could not get a connection on my phone for an 90 minutes prior that would let me change so my 1.4% profit turned into a 0.1% profit. When I got back to internet and saw EURNZD 400 plus pips down from Draghi speaking I could of cried and then when i saw that I got slipped another 50% of pips on my UJ short I just had to laugh.

Jesus.

So decision was made that with FOMC next week occurring whilst I am flying back home and smack bang in the middle of my trading week then I just have to take the week off. Can;t afford to not be connected again for such a high impact news event.

Tradingwise a VERY FRUSTRATING holiday. All other things of the holidays. Amazing. It was also good to see Viper get out of drawdown and for Smart to make some really good money too. I was adding my own shorts on my signal account on EURUSD of which the gains dwarfed this trading accounts losses, BUT I don’t care I want to be able to make coin by myself manually following a discretionary system. So the happenings on the holiday have put a dent in that and now put me behind my scheduled 2.63% a month target. I have been wanting a drawdown to see how I cope, but I would rather it was because of shitty trading than technical difficulties!!!

So back to work on the 2nd of November then.

Results.
            2015-11-11_08-19-39.png

So far…….
            2015-11-11_08-20-22.png
            2015-11-11_08-20-32.png

Best trade of the week.
            EURNZD short (unable to remove TP or SL) - so had to manually close.
            2015-11-11_08-17-34.png

Worst trade of the week.
            AUDNZD short. Too tight all over in 2 hours, was a rare market entry, could easily have waited for a usual sell limit but the setup looked good, the trade since dipped well past intended TP (of course)
            2015-11-11_08-16-24.png

Taking technology for granted

Even though I had many directions correct to not get %%% or $$$ out of this week is a shocker.

So close.....

Comment

Week 13 - No trading due to flying during FOMC (can't take the chance of another computer malfunction!!!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                Week 13 - No trading due to flying during FOMC (can't take the chance of another computer malfunction!!!!!)
                Good thread mate. Looking forward to following your journey!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X