BRM's Manual Trading Journal and Adventures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRM's Manual Trading Journal and Adventures

Herein lies the official journal and general adventures of BRM the 2nd.

big_river_man-640x540.jpg

Why am I doing this?

1) to make myself accountable.
    2) to improve my reasoning and thought process
    3) as a public record which hopefully will help me to be the best that I can be
    4) some other reasons that I've forgotten

I have thought about having some form of blog for some time now to do with Forex. Be it my own journey of trading, or be it to help others not fall into the traps that I have along the way.
    For now I will record some thoughts on here, hopefully weekly. I do not trade full time but the more I do this the more I have decided I need to take this seriously and treat it like a job. It's time to get ****ing serious now. First thing is to become profitable then to start my blog. Journal will suffice for now. I will endeavor to constantly edit and add to this front post.

I have been a member here for years, in fact I had an alternate name when I first started I can't even remember what it was now. But at least 3 years I have been here. While there have been some successes there have also been failures. Until now the failures more than outweigh the positives if I'm brutally honest. BUT luckily for all you buggers that have only been here since 2015 then you've come to the right spot as you are able to literally walk and trample over the skulls of the many that have fallen before you. There are a few of us that are still around from the beginning days. But not many. RIP unknown trader friends......<minutes silence>

I have copped every single loss via signal that connectforex.com could line up, that forexsignals.com could line up, and to top it off I have been a really shitty trader now for going on 3 years. Consistently OK and quite profitable but essentially never been able to trade with SL's or to add to trades etc etc. What happens is that a small loss quite often becomes a large loss. I thought I was done with it after 2014 but I did have another loss this year a couple of months after the CHFbomb (where my account was margin called by following TA and Smart). I got hit and basically knocked out by Smart Scalper and DayFox @ the end of 2014 which I thought was going to be the end of my Forex days but I have dug in, and despite this loss midway through 2015 and the CHFbomb of 2015 I am determined. In fact that DayFox escapade was sadly worsened by a copier issue on a few accounts which really hurt. I basically lost almost everything to my name, and not only that but I had lost the love of my life at a similar time. Needless to say that there have been some immensely dark days. Sometimes you need to hit these deep lows to appreciate life. Sigh.

I have excelled at everything that I have ever put my body or my brain into in the past, so I see no reason why this cannot continue.

Failure to me is not an option.

That being said I have strict trading cut off date this year. If i cannot show myself that I can be profitable from now until that date then I will have to walk. If I am profitable in signals but not in manual then i will stop manual trading and just become the boss of EA's and signals. No shame in that.

The site seems to have some great traders for now. Vijay, Jeff and Phil look solid. Steady Capture obviously we need to watch as of course we all got hit there. Yet, looks good. Sorry to see Tony fall by the wayside. Just goes to show you how hard this game is. I want to be the 5% and NOT the 95%. This site hopefully is going to make that a reality via signals. BUT why not see if I can actually make money myself while I am at it.

I have been through the RINGER so many times that this thick head of mine doesn't want to feel those emotions again.

So can a bad trader become good by learning his lesson? We'll see.

Tune in and subscribe if you have any interest, all good to me, I don't care so much either way, I am going to try out this journal for my own productivity anyhow to see where it takes me.

Much love to all.
    Last edited by Big River Man; 08-26-2015, 10:16 AM.

Practice Week 1

So funded account and wanted to play around with my ideas and trading from demo to iron out some flaws for 2 weeks of practice trading. Would be great to do it with fake money but I want it to feel as real as possblie. So it's 2 practice weeks with real money and my real account. Then to start trading fresh for the new month of August (dumb time to start real trading I know)

Practice week 1 of 2Results.
    PracWeek1Gain.png
    PracWeek1Growth.png

Best trade of the week.
    GC long WED - bottom of BB on 1H and 4H, reversal candles
    PracWeek1BT.png

Worst trade of the week
    EU short THU - uptrend 4H, strong bullish reversal previous candles, pre europe open. Got this COMPLETELY WRONG!!!
    PracWeek1WT.png

Biggest Mistake of the weekBiggest Success of the week
    Writing this journal
    Last edited by Big River Man; 08-26-2015, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Practice Week 2

Practice week 1 of 2Results.
      PracWeek2Solo.png
      PracWeek2Mono.png

So far......
      PracWeek2Gain.png
      PracWeek2Growth.png

Best trade of the week.
      **** ALL really but UF long was a few pips away from TP so I moved the SL to breakeven plus 20%. As you can see it hit the SL for a small profit then went on to hit my SL. This was one of several occurrences this week.
      PracWeek2BT.png

Worst trade of the weekPracWeek2WT.png

Biggest Mistake of the week
      Moving my bloody SL.

Biggest Success of the week
      Unfortunately again writing this journal. Hopefully in upcoming weeks I can say that my success has been enacting the rules that this journal aims to initiate.

Comment

Hello BRM,

Good stuff, and interesting to read about your forex experiences so far I am nowhere from being a profitable trader but here would be some thought I would like to share with you:

- 40% performance ; with 15% Risk
        I would recommand aiming for 3less risk maximum, so dividing by 3 it would be 13% annually for 5% risk. Having 15% can be a handicap and scare off big money investors....

- Maybe you should backtest your strategy over the years to determinate your optimal Risk/Return ratio and optimal WinRatio. If your strategy is technical that should be done. However if you are more of a fundamental trader, I think your strategy can not be backtested

Goodluck, you have a long road ahead of you !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
          Herein lies the official journal and general adventures of BRM the 2nd.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1256[/ATTACH]

Why am I doing this?

1) to make myself accountable.
          2) to improve my reasoning and thought process
          3) as a public record which hopefully will help me to be the best that I can be
          4) some other reasons that I've forgotten

I have thought about having some form of blog for some time now to do with Forex. Be it my own journey or trading or be it to help others not fall into the traps that I have along the way.
          For now I will record some thoughts on here, hopefully weekly. I do not trade full time but the more I do this the more I have decided I need to take this seriously and treat it like a job. It's time to get ****ing serious now. First thing is to become profitable then to start my blog. Journal will suffice for now. I will endeavor to constantly edit and add to this front post.

I have been a member here for years, in fact I had an alternate name when I first started I can't even remember what it was now. But at least 3 years I have been here. While there have been some successes there have also been failures. Until now the failures more than outweigh the positives if I'm brutally honest. BUT luckily for all you buggers that have only been here sicne 2015 then you've come to the right spot as you are able to literally walk and trample over the skulls of the many that have fallen before you. There are a few of us that are still around from the beginning days. But not many. RIP unknown trader friends......<minutes silence>

I have copped every single loss via signal that connect forex could line up, that forexsignals.com could line up, and to top it off I have been a really shitty trader now for going on 3 years. Consistently OK and quite profitable but essentially never been able to trade with SL's or to add to trades etc etc. What happens is that a small loss quite often becomes a large loss. I thought I was done with it after 2014 but I didn't have another loss this year a couple of months after the CHFbomb (where my account was margin called by following TA and Smart). I got hit and basically knocked out by Smart Scalper and DayFox end of 2014 which i thought was going to be the end of my Forex days but I have dug in, and despite this loss midway through 2015 and the CHFbomb of 2015 I am determined. In fact that DayFox escapade was in fact worsened by a copier issue on a few accounts which really hurt. I basically lost almost everything to my name, and not only that but I had lost the love of my life at a similar time. Needless to say that there have been some immensely dark days. Sometimes you need to hit these deep lows to appreciate life. Sigh.

I have excelled at everything that I have ever put my body or my brain into. Failure to me is not an option. That being said I have strict trading cut off date this year. If i cannot show myself that I can be profitable from now until that date then I will have to walk. If I am profitable in signals but not in manual then i will stop manual trading and just become the boss of EA's and signals. No shame in that.

The site seems to have some great traders for now. Vijay, Jeff and Phil look solid. Steady Capture obviously we need to watch as of course we all got hit there. Yet, looks good. Sorry to see Tony fall by the wayside. Just goes to show you how hard this game is. I want to be the 5% and NOT the 95%. This site hopefully is going to make that a reality via signals. BUT why not see if I can actually make money myself while I am at it.

I have been through the ringer so many times that this thick head of mine doesn't want to feel those emotions again. So can a bad trader become good by learning his lesson? We'll see. Tune in and subscribe if you have any interest, all good to me, I am going to try out this journal for my own productivity anyhow.

Much love to all.
          Thanks BoozyBum (I remember your old name)

Appreciate you going to the time to put this together and I'll be following your progress with great interest. The post did give me a bit of a chuckle, especially the minutes silence (which I of course respected).

Good luck and god speed!
          Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
            Thanks BoozyBum (I remember your old name)

Appreciate you going to the time to put this together and I'll be following your progress with great interest. The post did give me a bit of a chuckle, especially the minutes silence (which I of course respected).

Good luck and god speed!
            BoozyBum! That was it! Drinking and trading. What a legacy. Thanks for finding this thread. Wasn't sure if anyone would find it. My journal is about 3 weeks behind so I'll catch up over the week. So much stuff going on in markets that I've decided to stand aside and let the dust settle. Good time to start the thread and stop being a lazy shit. [emoji12] [emoji12]

Comment

well looking forward too follow up on this journal

Comment

Good luck with it all BRM.

Keep at it mate, nothing comes easy however you seem to have the winning attitude and your not giving up which are very important attributes to have in this field.

I will be following your journey with great interest.

Comment

Didn't spot this one, subscribed straight away

Really looking forward to hearing your updates,

Great thing you have started here, 👍

//ben

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by yoyomoma View Post
                    Hello BRM,

Good stuff, and interesting to read about your forex experiences so far I am nowhere from being a profitable trader but here would be some thought I would like to share with you:

- 40% performance ; with 15% Risk
                    I would recommand aiming for 3less risk maximum, so dividing by 3 it would be 13% annually for 5% risk. Having 15% can be a handicap and scare off big money investors....

- Maybe you should backtest your strategy over the years to determinate your optimal Risk/Return ratio and optimal WinRatio. If your strategy is technical that should be done. However if you are more of a fundamental trader, I think your strategy can not be backtested

Goodluck, you have a long road ahead of you !!!
                    Hi yoyomoma,

Thanks for your post. Regarding the 15% risk...at the moment this is floating but I am more thinking that it will be a cut off for me to stop trading. Or at least to have a rethink. However if I were to make 40% with a 15% max in a year then I' still be be very happy. My strategy will be easily changeable. All I will do is risk less per trade, simple as that. So if any big money investors were interested then I would simply tone down the risk per trade. No problem. Anyway this would be a highly unlikely scenario anyway and isn't particularly something on my radar.

ONLY thing on my radar is to actually be profitable whilst keeping risk realistic. From there anything is possible.

Comment

Start of Trading Week 1

New Month - August
                      Start of Trading
                      Week 1
                      Results.
                      W1Mono.png
                      W1Solo.png

W1Gain.png
                      W1Growth.png

Best trade of the week.
                      GN long
                      W1BT.png

Worst trade of the week
                      None!

Flawless.

Sticking to my rules. Hitting the weekly cut off. The rest of the week afterwards felt like a just reward. I bought myself a Rib Eye steak rather than sausages.

Comment

Week 2

New Month Start of Trading Week 2Drinking + Trading = Nightmare.PISSED OFFResults.
                        W2Mono.png
                        W2Solo.png

W2Gain.png
                        W2Growth.png

Best trade of the week.
                        EC long - Asian trade idea. Used SR/SD areas combined with FIBS to jump onto a strong move from the previous day.
                        W2BT.png

Worst trade of the week
                        Every trade that was hit while I was drunk at the pub.
                        W2Trades.png
                        W2WT.png

Being a ****ING IDIOT!!!!!

Staying positive and not letting any other traders opinions on Twitter or the trading room affect my personal bias.

Comment

Good work mate, keep it up.

I'm enjoying reading your journal

Comment

Yeah, drinking and trading never go well together!

Instead of trading I play online poker with a small amount in the knowledge that I'll likely lose it, but it's better than gambling on the markets.
                            Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Boozy bum you sneaky bastard

Gl mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X