LearnToTrade.com - Greg Secker - Honest Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erebus View Post

Nick, you really need to add this honest review to Forex Peace Army website as you have personal experience which will add a lot of credibility to it, cheers, John
    It depends a lot on the profits that the person wants to get, not all have the same goals.

Comment

Originally posted by suan1 View Post

It depends a lot on the profits that the person wants to get, not all have the same goals.
      Who are you and what the F____ are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by suan1 View Post

Yeah we do - everyone gets into trading to make money.

Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Hello! To the people who bought into the Learn to Trade Scheme...How are you finding it now?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
            Dear fellow forex warriors,

I recently returned from a conference where Greg Secker from Learn To Trade was one of the guest speakers. He did a 60 minute talk aimed at convincing gullible want-to-be traders that they can reach financial freedom simply by enrolling in their education program at a cost of $4900.

After watching and then speaking directly to him after the talk, I realised that their desire to make money at the expense of their "'students" has reached a new height and feel the need to share this info in the hopes that it might stop future people from throwing their money away.

These guys stink. They really do, and there are a few reasons why.

Firstly - They sell an unachievable dream. The idea is that after going through their course you'll be able to supplement your existing income through trading less than an hour per day. Which will mean that you'll be able to spend more time with family, walking on the beach and whatever other cliche you can think of. Total bullshit.

Secondly - After you've gone through the initial course they offer a number of "upsells" increasing your knowledge base and potential profits. The size of these upsells can be as high as $25,000. Yes, I know, crazy! But plenty of people pay it.....

Thirdly (and this is the kicker) - Once you've gone through the stages above you're invited to be a money manager under their umbrella, you'll sit under their license and trade at their in-house brokerage with a spread on the EURUSD of 10 pips. Yep, you heard that right. 10 pip spread. AND you'll be asked to invite your friends and family to allocate capital to your trading. They won't give you money to trade, that's up to you. But the "good news" is that you'll earn rebates from your money under management. And this is the part that scared me.... The driving force behind this is to earn rebates (presumably because making a profit isn't realistic).

So you are encouraged to convince your friends and family that you're now a "professional" trader and that they should give you some of their hard earned cash to gamble on the market.

Seriously?

Not only are they fleecing their clients for tens of thousands of dollars in useless education and b-booking their losses, they're now getting them to put their personal relationships on the line as well.

Their clients that go through the entire process are losing a fortune and putting themselves under impossible pressure to succeed in front of their trusted friends and family with almost zero chance of success.

Mark my words - this will ruin the lives of hundreds, if not thousands of people.
            Hi! I just want to ask, how confident are you that the process is "total bullshit" if you're not even a student? What's your basis when you say zero chance of success?

Comment

Originally posted by babypipsss View Post

Hi! I just want to ask, how confident are you that the process is "total bullshit" if you're not even a student? What's your basis when you say zero chance of success?
              I'm absolutely 100% certain that Greg Secker has made tens of millions selling trader education, and absolutely nothing trading.

I just spent a week with a couple of his former brokers and the stories I heard were so disgusting it was almost hard to believe.

Show me a single "student" that's become a profitable trader from his education and I'll wear a tutu for a week.

If you want overpriced education have a look at Jarratt Davis. At least the guy can actually trade.

Comment

I only just came across this thread today...it's shocking people can be so unethical.

There are so many Forex scams out there and it is almost a certainty that people who market well don't trade well.
                It is not difficult to have verified myfxbook account...yet none of these people can show one when they were asked...even this Jarratt Davis guy seems to be avoiding it: https://www.jarrattdavis.com/jarratt-davis-myfxbook-3/

If you guys would listen to me...just spend $2000 on SFE Price Action, let it trade, and you should have some decent gains in a year's time

I really feel bad that the author for SFE Price Action does not do marketing very well at all...but I suppose he doesn't really need to when he has a winning system

Comment

I took also their Professional Manual trading course that was launched recently and i am learning it right now. Very good and clear explanations. Also the price is good for such a course

Comment

Originally posted by Desita View Post
                    I took also their Professional Manual trading course that was launched recently and i am learning it right now. Very good and clear explanations. Also the price is good for such a course
                    Desita... please...

You're saying $25,000 is a good price to learn how to trade a simple mechanical strategy?

Makes our trading room at $79/month look like an absolute bargain!

Comment

No, i did not say that. Their course is 200 EUR and i have received life time license. It means that when they update the course, i receive the update every month.

Comment

Originally posted by Desita View Post
                        No, i did not say that. Their course is 200 EUR and i have received life time license. It means that when they update the course, i receive the update every month.
                        I think you're talking about something else. LearnToTrade.com by Greg Secker isn't 200Euro's

Comment

I just went to one of their free seminars here in the Philippines July of this year. I saw one of their Facebook ads and decided to sign-up since its free of charge. When I arrived there was a long line of registrants (But hey they had free coffee!). When I got in there were maybe 300 or more people seated inside the conference hall (it was huuuuuge).

So they started with who they are and what their company does blah blah then introduced the speaker who they claim is one of the top forex traders in South East Asia making almost $1k a day in trading (True story bro). The speaker started with what forex is, some basics on trading and how forex trading should be approached. After the introduction to forex that is where it started to get fishy for me as the speaker was now talking about how trading changed his life financially as he was able to buy a car, a condo unit and was able to send his children to an expensive school. It really reminded me about those Pyramid scheme seminars I attended while in my teens (Getting lots of money, having multiple cars and houses blah blah).

After introducing their Smart Charts platform that is where it kicked in, On the screen, it showed how much their forex course would cost (If I remember it correctly it was around 462k in Philippine money or $9k USD). They said that the course would include 2 days of lessons with their own forex "EXPERTS". You can hear some people gasp about how much it costs but just like what we hear on those "As seen on TV products" They have their own deal which would lessen the price of the course. The speaker said that they will lessen the price to only 85000 Php or $1667.00 (thanks XE) for the 1st 10 persons to register on that day ONLY and make an advance payment of $200 and pay the remaining balance by the end of next month (If I remember correctly).

When the seminar ended I immediately headed to the exit as what most of the attendants did (Maybe they did smell that smelly smell). When I got home I did a little research about forex trading and found tons of FREE Information about it, I also looked for reviews about Learntotrade which led me to this forum. Right now I still get a few emails from them and actually got a call from them yesterday asking me on why I did not attend their seminar which is not true and maybe they're just using it as a conversation starter. I was passive with the lady on the phone and when she felt that I was not interested she just thanked me and ended the call.

My overall impression was not good. The seminar to me was like a fishing expedition for them, and it sounded more on selling their platform rather than teaching people how to trade, Also I was alarmed on why they are asking for money upfront or else you lose the "Opportunity" of learning from them (Maybe they don't want you to think it over or worse do some research when you get home).

So would I recommend it? Nah, there are tons of free information and I can learn the basics on my own. I really just can't find any justification for spending tons of money on a 2 day trading course, and spending $79 a month for their smart charts software when I can get all of these basically for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Sam
                            Bryan, who are you talking about man? Yoy say they they they, who are they? Definatelly you are not talking for EA Forex Academy.com, because they do not have seminars and specially in Asia, so who are you talking about?
                            The title of this thread....
                            LearnToTrade.com - Greg Secker

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Sam
                              Bryan, who are you talking about man? Yoy say they they they, who are they? Definatelly you are not talking for EA Forex Academy.com, because they do not have seminars and specially in Asia, so who are you talking about?
                              Where did you get the idea that I was talking about EA Forex? Did I read and clicked on the wrong topic? I can sense some black hat SEO techniques by the way you post. If you want to talk about eaforex then create a new topic about and you might get an organic response.

Comment

It's a good thing I was able to read all of your opinions regarding "Learn to Trade".

I attended their seminar here in the Philippines several days ago and got excited for their two-day training program! However, the enrollment for the training is VERY EXPENSIVE, but I'm still optimistic about it. So one of the "manager" called me a few days after the seminar, offering me MORE DISCOUNT for the enrollment, like 90% off... now I am more eager to join than ever!

I'm not rich, I'm just a regular worker earning around $300/month only. I already talked to my relatives to lend me big amount of money for this, but upon reading this forum about Learn to Trade, I'm now in doubt.

I'm a beginner at ForEx trading and I'm still looking forward to be a ForEx trader. But now I'm not sure which training program is legit anymore because of the scams appearing today?! Can anyone suggest me an EXCELLENT, PROFESSIONAL and LEGIT training program for ForEx trading that does not require me to purchase anything or give a large amount of money prior to the training?

By the way I'm a Filipino, living here in the Philippines. MABUHAY!

Comment

Working...
                                X