Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LearnToTrade.com - Greg Secker - Honest Review

Dear fellow forex warriors,

I recently returned from a conference where Greg Secker from Learn To Trade was one of the guest speakers. He did a 60 minute talk aimed at convincing gullible want-to-be traders that they can reach financial freedom simply by enrolling in their education program at a cost of $4900.

After watching and then speaking directly to him after the talk, I realised that their desire to make money at the expense of their "'students" has reached a new height and feel the need to share this info in the hopes that it might stop future people from throwing their money away.

These guys stink. They really do, and there are a few reasons why.

Firstly - They sell an unachievable dream. The idea is that after going through their course you'll be able to supplement your existing income through trading less than an hour per day. Which will mean that you'll be able to spend more time with family, walking on the beach and whatever other cliche you can think of. Total bullshit.

Secondly - After you've gone through the initial course they offer a number of "upsells" increasing your knowledge base and potential profits. The size of these upsells can be as high as $25,000. Yes, I know, crazy! But plenty of people pay it.....

Thirdly (and this is the kicker) - Once you've gone through the stages above you're invited to be a money manager under their umbrella, you'll sit under their license and trade at their in-house brokerage with a spread on the EURUSD of 10 pips. Yep, you heard that right. 10 pip spread. AND you'll be asked to invite your friends and family to allocate capital to your trading. They won't give you money to trade, that's up to you. But the "good news" is that you'll earn rebates from your money under management. And this is the part that scared me.... The driving force behind this is to earn rebates (presumably because making a profit isn't realistic).

So you are encouraged to convince your friends and family that you're now a "professional" trader and that they should give you some of their hard earned cash to gamble on the market.

Seriously?

Not only are they fleecing their clients for tens of thousands of dollars in useless education and b-booking their losses, they're now getting them to put their personal relationships on the line as well.

Their clients that go through the entire process are losing a fortune and putting themselves under impossible pressure to succeed in front of their trusted friends and family with almost zero chance of success.

Mark my words - this will ruin the lives of hundreds, if not thousands of people.
    Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Student : "- sir, i have to ask. why is the eu spread so big?"

Greg Secker : "- EU is an exotic. Haven't you learned that in the 25k course you just paid for? It was clearly stated there. Now shut up and get to work. Row maggots, row!"

Comment

Did some quick maths = 200,000 (clients taught from website) x $4,900 = $980,000,000...

Comment

This is just another MLM scam.

Comment

i agree to this. may i know nick if you are an experienced trader? i want to file legal case against them, they induce me to register to a form that says i cannot cancel it. they wont refund my money

Comment

Hey thanks very much for this post. I was actually considering paying the money.

I have just finished babypips.com and the course at academyft.com

Still, feeling not confident on the whole trading thing.

Any trustworthy place I can learn how to trade that is reputable?

Comment

Originally posted by turtlemishy View Post
              i agree to this. may i know nick if you are an experienced trader? i want to file legal case against them, they induce me to register to a form that says i cannot cancel it. they wont refund my money
              If you are in the UK, report them to trading standards.

Comment

Originally posted by fcaldas View Post
                Hey thanks very much for this post. I was actually considering paying the money.

I have just finished babypips.com and the course at academyft.com

Still, feeling not confident on the whole trading thing.

Any trustworthy place I can learn how to trade that is reputable?
                I'm glad we to saved you just in time

Have you checked out our premium trading room?

Join our experienced trading coaches and traders like you inside the world's most advanced Trading room. Live Streams. Live Chat. Educational videos and Trade Ideas.

Comment

Comment

Hi Shaun,

I'm sorry to say that you've just wasted $1k...

The strategies that Greg Sekker "teaches" are no different to simple technical strategies that you can pick up online for free.

It's nothing more than a marketing engine that sells the dream, upselling clients onto different tiers of "education" that clients are lead to believe is necessary for them to be successful.

You're a little lucky you're finding this out before you go any further, the top tier sees clients spending upwards of $25k for their bullshit.

My suggestion would be to come and hang out inside the free trading room. Make sure you catch Tony's stream at the start of the London session, he views the market in a similar way to most other successful traders that I know.

Comment

Comment

Hey everyone. I'm brand new to the world of FOREX. I went to a Greg Secker seminar last night, had a chat with a guy who called me today wanting to be my personal coach and cut the already discounted fee in half for me (for today only). I told him I will need to speak to family to borrow money and have led him on a fair bit but after reading this, I have decided not to go ahead. My partner wasn't a fan of me going ahead with it either.
                        I clearly want to get into the world of FOREX, and there is so much info out there and feeling overwhelmed. Where is a good place to learn how to trade well and not lose all my money?

Comment

Originally posted by Pj Tripet View Post
                          Hey everyone. I'm brand new to the world of FOREX. I went to a Greg Secker seminar last night, had a chat with a guy who called me today wanting to be my personal coach and cut the already discounted fee in half for me (for today only). I told him I will need to speak to family to borrow money and have led him on a fair bit but after reading this, I have decided not to go ahead. My partner wasn't a fan of me going ahead with it either.
                          I clearly want to get into the world of FOREX, and there is so much info out there and feeling overwhelmed. Where is a good place to learn how to trade well and not lose all my money?
                          I'm glad to hear you found this thread just in time.

The best place to learn the basics is inside the trading room. Click on Forex - The Basics link on the left hand side once you're inside. Andrew Lockwood has done a bunch of video's to explain the essentials of trading before you get started.

Comment

Hi Pj , And once you have checked these out , do shoot me some questions , I'll be happy to a have a 1 to 1 and wont try as sell you anything,,, good luck and chat soon

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              Dear fellow forex warriors,

I recently returned from a conference where Greg Secker from Learn To Trade was one of the guest speakers. He did a 60 minute talk aimed at convincing gullible want-to-be traders that they can reach financial freedom simply by enrolling in their education program at a cost of $4900.

Mark my words - this will ruin the lives of hundreds, if not thousands of people.
                              Nick, you really need to add this honest review to Forex Peace Army website as you have personal experience which will add a lot of credibility to it, cheers, John

Comment

Working...
                              X