• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

myfxbook looks like goodboy's strategy

Comment

Originally posted by chooch View Post
      myfxbook looks like goodboy's strategy
      Sorry, goodboy not familiar? Please provide link.

Comment

Just searched on myfxbook. If this is is the strategy you refer to..http://www.myfxbook.com/members/good...fx-mam/1716266 then it is nothing like ours apart from the fact we trade GBPUSD. He does not trade EURUSD and we don't trade the other pairs that he is trading according to his link. Not to mention everything else ex. average pip win/average pip loss and other stats. Thanks.

Comment

Sometimes myfxbook makes mistakes in Drawdown calculations, especially since the account is not updating as it should. If it doesn't update every 5 minutes, it won't record the intra-day drawdown.

I can figure this out on my own since you are in disbelief of your drawdown.

Account Balance was 17k when you place the position

EURUSD 1.0 Lot position with 440 pip drawdown == $4400 / 17000 = 0.2588

25% DRAWDOWN ( Peak Drawdown)

If you had your account connected 24/7 myfxbook would record that drawdown.

Comment

I've attached the trade from the Simpletrader History to show the lotsize, myfxbook to show the drawdown, and a pretty chart to refresh the brain.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Okay so in first instance the drawdown you referred to was 20% now 25% so your calculations are obviously off. Simpletrader also show the drawdown and it is the exact same as myfxbook along with that simpletrader update to the second so hopefully that settles your claim.

Kind regards.

Comment

Its now morning for me, Lets try this again.

Account Balance at when trade was entered: 15,500 USD

Sell EURUSD
                Opened Feb 1, 2016 13:10
                Closed Feb 29, 2016 14:26

Opened 1.08842
                Closed 1.87440 = 9.8 pips $134.41 (0.88% Gain)ST (0.54%Gain)MFB

MFB Recorded Drawdown 446.5 pips (picture above)

How to calculate Pip Value when the Lotsize is Hidden

Pip value equals Gain/Pips ($134/ Pips 9.8) = $13.67

( i technically don't need to SEE your lotsize because I can figure out the pip value by simply dividing the Gain by pips)

At $13.67 per pip with 446.5 drawdown that was a Peak drawdown of 6103 USD

Your account balance at the Time of PEAK DRAWDOWN was only $15,500

Peak drawdown was on Feb 11,2016 when EURUSD reached the High of Day at 1.1376
                From the opening Price of your Short position 1.0884 to The high on Feb 11 1..1376 is actually a pip drawdown of

492 PIPS ( as you can see MFB drawdown was inaccurate by 46 pips)

A pip value of $13.67 times pip drawdown(492) resulted in a USD Floating loss of $6725 on $15,500 Balance

Drum Roll please....

DRAWDOWN 43.23%

Did I make any errors? I haven't had my coffee yet!

Comment

Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post
                  Its now morning for me, Lets try this again.

492 PIPS ( as you can see MFB drawdown was inaccurate by 46 pips)

A pip value of $13.67 times pip drawdown(492) resulted in a USD Floating loss of $6725 on $15,500 Balance

Drum Roll please....

DRAWDOWN 43.23%

Did I make any errors? I haven't had my coffee yet!
                  Well found,Hedge Bitcoin.
                  I can't see any other trade that would have been a hedge.

I thought it was a Balance of about $24,218 and Drawdown 26.14%. either way still more then the max 5% DD in the past suggested in the Myfxbook.

That trade is questionable !, the record for the rest of the period looks good , hopefully no other trades not reflected correctly in Myfxbook.

Have your coffee .
                  Last edited by genki7; 08-17-2016, 02:47 AM.

Comment

I also thought the balance was more, but I found out the 10k deposit was Feb 18th ( after peak drawdown).

They're misleading investors by claiming the drawdown was under 6%.

"Our Conservative Strategy (low risk) utilizes discretionary trades which are result of a portfolio of unique strategies combined with expert market analysis.
                    - Min. amount for deposit if $500 and there are no restrictions on withdrawals you can withdraw at any time you may wish to do so.
                    - Performance fee is set at 20%.
                    - Max Drawdown: 6%
                    "

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

well spotted hedgebitcoin!

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Comment

I was interested to join this MAM .
                        If this particular trade highlighted by Hedgebitcoin can be explained by the provider that would be greatly appreciated or otherwise acknowledged that the system has higher DD then the 6%.
                        Unfortunately most at this site have been on a journey with many bad experiences and know that Myfxbook and the simple Trader site has its limitations and can not be relied upon solely.
                        If it has potential for 20% DD people would accept it if they know in advance of joining,

Comment

Originally posted by genki7 View Post
                          I was interested to join this MAM .
                          If this particular trade highlighted by Hedgebitcoin can be explained by the provider that would be greatly appreciated or otherwise acknowledged that the system has higher DD then the 6%.
                          Unfortunately most at this site have been on a journey with many bad experiences and know that Myfxbook and the simple Trader site has its limitations and can not be relied upon solely.
                          If it has potential for 20% DD people would accept it if they know in advance of joining,
                          genki7, thank you for your comment, we still have no perception of where Hedge Bitcoin is getting his drawdown levels from at first it was 20%, 25% now 45% as mentioned we have both myfxbook and Simpletrader providing the data everyone can take from that what they will.

In regards to our drawdown the max drawdown we have encountered at the time was under 6% so that is why that was posted we have a max equity drawdown of -10% which has been mentioned before. Our min. deposit is small at $500 for our MAM and we don't ask for large min. deposits of for example $25,000-$50,000 like perhaps other MAMs and funds. We believe that this gives clients the opportunity to follow us with less risk to themselves and they can deposit more should only they feel comfortable in doing so. All fees are calculated based on high watermark and there is no management fees or withdrawal fees.

If you have any questions please let us know and I'll be happy to answer, you may also private message us for perhaps a personal question you don't wish to ask here.

Thank you

Comment

hi fmam, (and to who it may concern)

at reply no 22, hedgebitcoin has made it very clear that how he (or she) obtained the dd values. so i am only repeating his statement by pointing out the facts from your myfxbook link:

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Fusi...ionmam/1736229

fact 1: above myfxbook link is provided by you.

fact 2: you opened a eurusd SELL trade at 1.08842 on feb 1st and closed at 1.08744 on feb 29th for a profit of 9.8 pips (also usd 136.41)
                            (for those of you having trouble looking for this particular trade, go to custom analysis and choose a range covering both dates above and you will find it easily with 28 days duration!)

fact 3: with the above dates, blow up any eurusd chart for the whole of feb 2016. check feb 11th high at 1.1375 (approx), a 490 pips AGAINST the sell trade.

fact 4: your balance on feb 23rd is usd 25451 after a deposit of usd 10k on feb 18th. so i can deduce that the mam account had approx usd 15k (or less) before the 10k deposit on and before feb 17th covering feb 11th. at the peak of the dd on feb 11th, your mam account had only ard 15k or lesser as well (before feb 18th 10k deposit)

fact 5: there are missing data for nearly a month from jan 29th to feb 23rd, not suggesting anything but it does raise RED FLAG to me since after feb 23rd, there aren't big gaps of missing data update on myfxbook.

fact 6: both hedgebitcoin and i (plus many more out there) happen to know how to work out lot sizes even if it is not shown on myfxbook. from fact 2, you made usd 136.41 or 9.8 pips.
                            lets simplfy and say you made 10 pips. so if you trade 0.10 lot, 10 pips give you usd 10, so if you trade 1 lot, 10 pips give you usd 100, hence you have to be trading about 1.36 lot to make usd 136.41. that is a BIG risk on a single trade for an account of usd 15k balance/equity when you put on the trade on feb 1st!!

fact 7: from fact 3 and fact 6, peak dd at 490 pips against your opened 1.36 lot of eurusd trade at 1.08842 MEANS usd 6664 of drawdown over a 15k balance.

fact 8: assuming you did not have any hedges and no significant unrealised profit, -6664/15k = -44.4% of dd. (VERY CLOSE TO HEDGEBIT CALCULATION)

fact 9: myfxbook cannot update the dd value if you do not conncet your account to it. again i am not suggesting anything but from fact 5, it seems like your account is not connected to myfxbook for it to capture the -44% dd values. another RED FLAG and needs to be addressed (if i were to invest in fmam)

it is ok to suffer dd as any trader would, but not admitting to the real extent (or the worse possibility of not knowing how to work out dd correctly) is not the right way to proceed especially when u are trying to manage others' fund.

@ nick, you can get your expert to crunch the numbers and substantiate what hedgebitcoin statement since the principal of fmam deny that the trade went against him by abt usd 6k (-44%) at some point during the trade's duration.

@ hedgebitcoin, i would know how to work out the numbers if i am given the dates and entry exit levels, but am not able to filter out a trade that has suffered big dd from the 600+ trades.
                            kudos to you!

sorry guys for the long post but i believe i am helping investor who are unaware of how to compute the actual dd on myfxbook acc with "hidden lots".

hopefully this is a helpful post in addition to hedgebitcoin's post.

happy weekend all!

regards,
                            tcc97.
                            Last edited by tcc97; 08-19-2016, 07:20 PM.

Comment

They are deliberately not updating their accounts to HIDE their floating drawdown.
                              http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Fusi...phavol/1738631 - this account has not been updated in the last 11 Days

They continue to DENY their drawdown in real terms and still believe they have not exceeded 7% drawdown .. ever ( I have already proved it)

Posted by RDC Capital Management
                              18 hours ago - Growth: 43.83% - Drawdown: 6.77%

We are currently up 9.55% for the month of August. And expect this to increase given the market conditions we have in play at the moment.

Max Drawdown: 6.77%

Free trial is available to everyone.

Thank you for your support and if you have any questions feel free to get in touch.

-RDC Capital Management

Comment

They are also the provider of 3 signals

http://www.signalstart.com/analysis/fx-alpha/3618 - SynergyFX Broker with no withdrawals and $118,655.95 in Profit - http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-...nergyfx.com.au

http://www.signalstart.com/analysis/fusionpro/726 - http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Fusi...ionpro/1306700 - FXopen Cent Account ( Micro Accounts trade minimum 0.10 Lot size and the Deposit /withdrawals never contain Cents for all transactions). The Balance of $24,000 is equal to 240 USD - FMAM if you want to rebuttal this place a 0.01 lot in your account or withdrawal 100USD and 50 Cents

http://www.signalstart.com/analysis/adjustedfx/566 - $500 a month Signal. Totally crazy!

The domain www.tradingtofinancialfreedom.info is owned by http://www.whois.com/whois/tradingto...alfreedom.info
                                Martin J Zizi from the Trinity of Success Club - This is the direct link page to the Tallinex MAM ( 138072) that is being promoted on myfxbook and here.

Be careful investors, traders, lurkers.

Comment

Working...
                                X