Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Calculator For All Open Trades To Reach Breakeven [Request]

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a trade calculator to calculate the exact price which all my trades will be in breakeven. I hedge with the same pair many times, so I need to know at which price my trades are in breakeven. e.g. I have multiple 0.01 lot EUR/USD BUY and multiple 0.02 lot SELL positions, so I want to know at which price will I be at breakeven.

There will also be an input of the spreads which I can enter to be included in the calculation.
    There will also be an input of the different pair so the calculator knows which $/pip rate to use.
    There will also be an input on how many pips in profit I want from all this trades I am in and display how much money I will profit.
    e.g. I have more SELL positions and I will breakeven at 1.1340, what if I want to close all positions at 1.1330, I want the calculator to show me how much profit I will gain if I set the take profit at 1.1330

Additional:
    The calculator can help to set the T/P and S/L for all my position automatically. As I hedge with the same pair, I will need to close the bigger SELL lots with T/P and smaller BUY lots with S/L to gain an overall profit.

I hope that this is clear, I will draw an example using excel and post here as soon I can. I appreciate those who reads this and helps out.

Please ask any questions if you are unclear.

There are a lot of free indicators that will do so automatically on the chart and draw a line for the breakeven

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Some progress: (Look at pic)

I still have to manually enter the "Current Price" to get the break even point.

This is only for EUR/USD as other pair have different $/pip value.

Lastly, I have to go back to the MT4 platform to set the T/P & S/L manually.

Additionally, this would be perfect for FIXED SPREAD accounts.

That's all for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Okda View Post
        There are a lot of free indicators that will do so automatically on the chart and draw a line for the breakeven

you got a link?

Comment

password to unzip folder "Frank2010"

Forex Armor Margin Control allows traders to manage their positions better by displaying the breakeven on basket of positions and margin call levels

Comment

There is an indicator which i had custom built. It tells me how many lots of orders i have open, It displays on top corner of my MT4. So, incase if one wants to hedge, once knowing exact lot size you have open say 4-5 positions. You can lumpsum hedge in order size. I tried to attach here it fails i guess .ex4 files are not allowed in forums.. so i uploaded the indicator at http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=10506541901845268928 hope you find it useful.

Comment

Originally posted by FanFocusATgmailCOM View Post

you got a link?
              thank you red rhino, i'll give this a try, appreciate this,

Comment

Originally posted by GoopFX View Post
                There is an indicator which i had custom built. It tells me how many lots of orders i have open, It displays on top corner of my MT4. So, incase if one wants to hedge, once knowing exact lot size you have open say 4-5 positions. You can lumpsum hedge in order size. I tried to attach here it fails i guess .ex4 files are not allowed in forums.. so i uploaded the indicator at http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=10506541901845268928 hope you find it useful.
                thank you to you as well, i've downloaded both and will give them a try and update here. thanks again. )

Comment

I've tested both redrhino and goopfx, I'll post pics next time.

Redrhino, nice clean indicator, what I like best, it shows the pips to hold, or how many more pips before my account reach margin call, mine was 14,000 pips, lol.
                  The breakeven level calculated was wrong, the line was grey and abit too thick for me, no modification allowed on this.

goop, it was minimalist. very simple indicator on the top right hand side, but again, the calculation was wrong, i think it calculated all open orders, not just the pair i placed it on the chart, and net lots calculated was also wrong. it was 0.04 but the indicator showed 0.12, anyway, lastly, after remove the indicator i had to also remove the 'object'.

I'm using 5 digit broker, and also, i appreciate all the help. I am currently using the "average price v 3" indicator by Joca, you can google it, should find it. thanks guys.

Comment

check the attached one, it can draw a box at the top left showing each pair and also draw a line on the attached chart
                    Attached Files

Comment

check the attached one, it can draw a box at the top left showing each pair and also draw a line on the attached chart
                      Thanks for the file, However I am getting error messages. Seems like there are no files in the folder. ?

Comment

Really, it is a zip file that needs to be extracted
                        Does the extraction work fine or you get errors during it?
                        Try to rename the file to .rar instead of .zip and see if this will work

Comment

Originally posted by genki7

Thanks for the file, However I am getting error messages. Seems like there are no files in the folder. ?
                          I can confirm that changing the file type from zip to rad makes it open normally, just tested this using my mobile

Comment

I can confirm that changing the file type from zip to rad makes it open normally, just tested this using my mobile

Changed it to .rar and opened the file. Thanks

Comment

never got through to using okda's... maybe u can see any difference with the below:

Hey guys, this is the indicator right now.
                              new average price indicator.png
                              It gives me a line (i changed it manually to aqua colour), then reduced it's width to 1, then... on the picture... the break even price, then the distance in pips, then the current amount in profit/loss for that particular pair, the net lots opened, then finally the number of order for that particular pair.

personally, I think it's too much info, but it's very good anyway, I emailed 'thanks' to the creator of the indicator, and he/she responded.

Comment

Working...
                              X