Clear All

• Artista trading signal

Full link: https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/227322

Dear Traders,

Here are the results till 18th of October, 2016:
    Take Profit Trades 2% 31,50
    Profit Trades 13% 21,44
    Neutral Trades 15% 3,00
    Loss Trades 18% 4,05 (that's an average gain)
    Stop-Loss Trades 52% 2,39
    Before describing details of this trading strategy, lets discuss 3 very important aspects of Artista signal.

First of all, there is no martingale applied, thus, no position averaging or additional positions on already opened currency pairs. My previous experience has taught me that martingale might help to solve some short-term problems, however, in the long run there will be this 1 situation when your account will be washed-out. On top of that, I have came to realization that the best way how to overcome some short-term losses is through additional trades in other currency pairs, supporting my point of no martingale usage.

Secondly, as you might see from the trading results, this signal is quite aggressive. Let me remind you that the main goal for me, as both a trader and investor, is to maximize growth/drawdown ratio. If you look at the most popular signals that have many subscribers, you will spot some tendencies. Those who had tremendous growth in the past have already cashed out their profits; these traders have cent accounts and they support themselves purely from the money earned from subscription fees. As a result, these traders tend to minimize drawdown (therefore, also profits), just for the sake of attracting new subscribers rather than generating decent profit margins for their existing subscriber base.

Thirdly, the trades are being performed manually without help of any robot or algorithm. How does this affect you? - well, less trades, thus lower negative effects from slipperage.

About TRADING STRATEGY:

This particular investment strategy combines 2 very crucial market pricing characteristics:

The price tends to move between support and resistance lines;

Price movement is the most fluent when it is in the the same direction as the ongoing trend.

As for the first point, I have not met any individual trader who could draw resistance and support levels and trade from them profitably in the long run. Let me put it in different perspective - if your child asks you whether he has a talent in drawing, you would always answer positively; however, when he starts questioning his future as a possible artist, you come to revelation that he won't be able to earn enough and will probably waste his career. In the currency market, the trader has to be absolutely sure that a particular line will be respected by the market before trading from it; unfortunately, individual support/resistance lines are subjective interpretation of a possible price movement, thus, these lines tend to be unreliable.

My offered solution - Pivot lines. These lines, introduced by the largest financial institutions, give traders an opportunity to calculate support/resistance lines based on previous days highs, lows & closing prices. Because of objectivity behind these lines, they are commonly used by the largest brokerages and banks, thus, becoming extremely reliable.

As for the second point, there are numerous mathematical indicators that allow to determine the ongoing trend. Personally, I use MACD and Exponential Moving Averages.

Besides these technical guidelines, I tend to refrain from trading at the time of news as there happens to be too much stupidity in the market. This trading strategy is centered around trading in European & American sessions using natural price movements between the pivot lines and in the direction of ongoing trend.

In addition to usual news, I do not trade at the hours, when European or American stocks open or close; contrary to currency market, stocks tend to open the trading with GAPS, which might substantially affect price movements in the currency market. To be more precise, each opening of a particular stock market can be considered as a fundamental event, which can potentially brake the movement along the ongoing trend.

And finally, I use the correlation matrix between the largest currency pairs and metals, thus, I will never simultaneously enter in long AUDUSD and short NZDUSD positions (just because of the fact that the correlation between these 2 pairs is close to 1, therefore, almost always these pairs will move in the same direction). Another example - when trading pairs with CAD (or highly correlated AUD/NZD/GBP), I will always look for oil prices, which would confirm the chosen direction of the price.

That's all from me! In case of any questions, you are more than welcome to approach me in Skype (look for mr.sandzza)

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X