No announcement yet.

Techinical or Fundamental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Eliza simple I don't trade when there's high impact news to be released. For me in very early trading days I found when news was released you had to be very careful because it would go all over the place. At some points I found I would just jump in. Very different from the present. So I kept learning and building my knowledge built a strategy and trading plan which I stick to no matter what. I'm glad to say it works very well.

Comment

Thank you for the answer. I was wondering about that, because I generally prefer not to trade during news events too, because I too prefer technical analysis. I use what little fundamental analysis I know to figure out when I shouldn't trade, rather than when I should.

Comment

same as me then

Comment

It seems to be the most prudent decision for me.

Comment

For sure all my trading is based on the information in the chart

Comment

Originally posted by david_20 View Post
              Do you think that technical is better than fundamental analysis?

For my experience, I think this has been proved absolutely right

I think we should use both The this is that (IMHO) each type of the info reflects just one side of the reality so we need to be able to look at this market reality at different angles. But of course we should be able to filter - what to pay atention to and want not.

Comment

Juggling both equally at the same time is harder than it seems, at least in my experience. Most people seem to have a predisposition towards one of them and the other remains secondary.

Comment

From my understanding, you're wanting to on-sell research reports that you get from investment banks. Is that correct?

Comment

Most of the time, espesh on Gold, the move happens before the news...

Comment

Originally posted by Eliza Abrams View Post
                      Juggling both equally at the same time is harder than it seems, at least in my experience. Most people seem to have a predisposition towards one of them and the other remains secondary.
                      Of course it's hard - that's why 95% of people loosing money on trading BUT like in any craft: if you master it - it will pay off.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMindFX View Post
                        Of course it's hard - that's why 95% of people loosing money on trading BUT like in any craft: if you master it - it will pay off.
                        To be honest I've always wanted to see some official statistics on that claim. I am not arguing the statistic is wrong, for all we know it could be right, but official confirmation would be nice. I agree though - Forex is a job, a craft if you will, and it requires effort like any other job out there.

Comment

To be honest I've always wanted to see some official statistics on that claim. I am not arguing the statistic is wrong, for all we know it could be right, but official confirmation would be nice. I agree though - Forex is a job, a craft if you will, and it requires effort like any other job out there.
                          Hi Eliza
                          I'm not sure there will be any kind of "official" statistics. It's only brokers who can provide it I believe, but I think they cannot or wouldn't do it - first of all because I presume they are not allowed to share such kind on info, and second probably because in this case there will be much less people willing to use their services

Comment

Hi Eliza
                            I'm not sure there will be any kind of "official" statistics. It's only brokers who can provide it I believe, but I think they cannot or wouldn't do it - first of all because I presume they are not allowed to share such kind on info, and second probably because in this case there will be much less people willing to use their services
                            Brokers are generally allowed to share information how many of their clients were profitable and how many weren't, that alone isn't an issue. The issue is whether they want to make that public, and more important, whether they would be willing to allow an independent third party (in this case an agency studying statistics) to examine this data. That said, I agree with you.

Comment

Brokers are generally allowed to share information how many of their clients were profitable and how many weren't, that alone isn't an issue. The issue is whether they want to make that public, and more important, whether they would be willing to allow an independent third party (in this case an agency studying statistics) to examine this data. That said, I agree with you.
                              In bold - that's exactly what I'm talking about - "and second probably because in this case there will be much less people willing to use their services "

Comment

In bold - that's exactly what I'm talking about - "and second probably because in this case there will be much less people willing to use their services "
                                I know, I was just elaborating on the same thought. I agree with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X