FS inaccessible from HKG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS inaccessible from HKG

I just heard from the support that FS trading room doesn't allow access from HKG.

FS trading room is only a chat room. Why would someone need to block a chat room?

Originally posted by JackFx View Post
    I just heard from the support that FS trading room doesn't allow access from HKG.

FS trading room is only a chat room. Why would someone need to block a chat room?
    Yeah I know... Sorry Jack.

Being a HK company we're not allowed to offer services to HK clients unfortunately. It's only something we've recently been made aware of.
    Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Nick can you check pm ?

Comment

Would using a VPN work? e.g. Express VPN or some other similar programs.

I was in Hong Kong around Chinese New Year and was not able to watch the Federer vs Nadal Australian Open Final live on Australia's Channel 7 App because I was overseas. But using Express VPN solved the problem (it made the App think I was connecting from within Australia)

Comment

Originally posted by ccjhuang View Post

I was in Hong Kong around Chinese New Year and was not able to watch the Federer vs Nadal Australian Open Final live on Australia's Channel 7 App because I was overseas. But using Express VPN solved the problem (it made the App think I was connecting from within Australia)
          Yes, that will work.

I'm glad you got it streaming, because that was quite a match

Comment

Originally posted by ccjhuang View Post

Yes VPN does work however watching something is different from accessing FS. it is like comparing apple with orange. you see if I use VPN that means all my connection is routed through the VPN server. Say everyday I am accessing FS 95% of the time then YES i should subscribe to VPN but I am not, accessing FS is like 5% of my time while I am doing something else 95% of the time. Whereas watching is 100% of your time fully focus on the show. If you know what I meant.

Also I think I need to purchase a VPN which is extra cost for me.

Moreover I have account under FS IB but I cant access the site, perhaps Nick can let me use his VPS for free? since I am contributing to this site but unable to fully utilize it? what you say Nick?

Comment

Originally posted by JackFx View Post

Yes VPN does work however watching something is different from accessing FS. it is like comparing apple with orange. you see if I use VPN that means all my connection is routed through the VPN server. Say everyday I am accessing FS 95% of the time then YES i should subscribe to VPN but I am not, accessing FS is like 5% of my time while I am doing something else 95% of the time. Whereas watching is 100% of your time fully focus on the show. If you know what I meant.

Also I think I need to purchase a VPN which is extra cost for me.

Moreover I have account under FS IB but I cant access the site, perhaps Nick can let me use his VPS for free? since I am contributing to this site but unable to fully utilize it? what you say Nick?
              Hi Jack,

We run everything through a VPN for security reasons, so I'm hooked up to it 100% of the time and never have an issue. The experience is no different to running your normal desktop.

I'd prefer not to have to put this restriction in place, however it's not my decision it comes from the HK government.

I certainly value your contribution and hope it can continue, all you need to do is rent a VPN and they're not normally more than a couple of bucks per month.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post

Hi Jack,

We run everything through a VPN for security reasons, so I'm hooked up to it 100% of the time and never have an issue. The experience is no different to running your normal desktop.

I'd prefer not to have to put this restriction in place, however it's not my decision it comes from the HK government.

I certainly value your contribution and hope it can continue, all you need to do is rent a VPN and they're not normally more than a couple of bucks per month.
                Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply. You are good man and I have utmost respect for this site and you, however I disagree using VPN for daily needs (only special needs require VPN):

1. Say you want to connect to access website ABC. The connection between your desktop and VPN is encrypted however the connection between VPN and website ABC is the same as connecting from your desktop to website ABC. Then why do we need to bring in third party to connect to ABC? that just weaken the security NOT enhance. If ABC has https that means connection directly to ABC is encrypted already. If you are accessing your own servers around the world using VPN then it is ok but not World wide web. Some people argue being anonymous and not getting log but it is debatable.

So are you seriously accessing banking needs using third party VPN? I would suggest you not to do that.

2. Most website now use HTTPS which is encrypted by default, so why run everything through VPN when everything is already encrypted?

3. The truth about VPN is for accessing block website or being anonymous. Now in HK I can access say 99.99 percent of website in the world except Forex Signals. Now why would I use VPN just to access 0.01 %? Not to mention I have to pay and compromise my security through VPN third party.

4. VPN claim that they dont keep your data however how can you be so sure? they could logging you without you even knowing same like broker

5. I know it is not your decision but according to you Government. Did Government send you a stop and cease letter? May I know why only FS is blocked? I could access https://www.simpletrader.net/ and https://www.thinkhugeinvestments.com/

I am your loyal customer in FS for about half a year, I know there maybe other use who has been in FS for years but they dont use your IB whereas I support FS by opening account with your IB. So are you going to kick away your loyal customer or help me out here? You can help me out based on my request in my PM to you.

Comment

Hi JackFx,

There is a reason why people like/been loyal to FS. That is because we are most transparent and honest Forex Company on the internet. Most of the companies don't care about their clients and all they want is just pure profit $$$. Of course, every company has to make $ but there are many ways to be profitable - one of those is being honest, transparent with your clients and that's what we do. Everyday we are trying to provide you guys with the best services and make sure we are working in "win-win" model.

We simply can not give access to FS inside HK area, that's because of gov regulations and there is nothing we can do about that - we have to respect the law and I hope you understand that.

But as Nick mentioned previously, you can still use our website/forum/trading room on VPN - there are many good VPN providers. Personally I can recommend Pure VPN - it's easy to connect and they also provide an app for mobile devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                    Hi JackFx,

There is a reason why people like/been loyal to FS. That is because we are most transparent and honest Forex Company on the internet. Most of the companies don't care about their clients and all they want is just pure profit $$$. Of course, every company has to make $ but there are many ways to be profitable - one of those is being honest, transparent with your clients and that's what we do. Everyday we are trying to provide you guys with the best services and make sure we are working in "win-win" model.

We simply can not give access to FS inside HK area, that's because of gov regulations and there is nothing we can do about that - we have to respect the law and I hope you understand that.

But as Nick mentioned previously, you can still use our website/forum/trading room on VPN - there are many good VPN providers. Personally I can recommend Pure VPN - it's easy to connect and they also provide an app for mobile devices.
                    Hi Daniel, appreciate your reply but you seem to not understand using VPN is not a solution, like I said above accessing FS is only 0.01 % of my traffic, why should I sacrifice 99.99 % of what I am doing everyday through VPN? and using VPN doesnt make it more secure but less secure coz you are depending on third party.

Yes, FS are transparent so can you be transparent and tell me what kind of gov regulations ? can you show black and white? also I am not asking you to open access to whole HK area but just me

Comment

Originally posted by JackFx

Hi Daniel, appreciate your reply but you seem to not understand using VPN is not a solution, like I said above accessing FS is only 0.01 % of my traffic, why should I sacrifice 99.99 % of what I am doing everyday through VPN? and using VPN doesnt make it more secure but less secure coz you are depending on third party.

Yes, FS are transparent so can you be transparent and tell me what kind of gov regulations ? can you show black and white? also I am not asking you to open access to whole HK area but just me
                      No really getting the vpn IS THE SOLUTION to your problem.

Who cares about the 99.9% other sites. You cannot access the 0.01% you want too so it really is a solution.

I use airvpn. Can highly recommended them. It's a couple bucks a month.

Nick and Co have as said been transparent, but to expect vps to be handed out to circumvent a law. No that's the users remit to circumvent fs.com are doing as they should.

Hope you can see past the couple dollar cost

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

And and why would you suggest not to do Internet banking on a vpn? It's no different.

While there is not any security to be gained from banking on a vpn service is not any less secure either. The vpn provider cannot see your https traffic it's encrypted. The worst I could imagine is geo account locking as they think it weird your ip in another country say.

But I've banked using vpn and coming out of the Netherlands via ip. Using uk banks just fine.

Anyway off topic but it's annoying when you read wrong info.

Comment

So should I be using VPN for all my day to day trading and surfing? Now I'm confused. Will using a VPN slow down my trading?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dupapa View Post

No really getting the vpn IS THE SOLUTION to your problem.

Who cares about the 99.9% other sites. You cannot access the 0.01% you want too so it really is a solution.

I use airvpn. Can highly recommended them. It's a couple bucks a month.

Nick and Co have as said been transparent, but to expect vps to be handed out to circumvent a law. No that's the users remit to circumvent fs.com are doing as they should.

Hope you can see past the couple dollar cost

Hi dupapa thanks for pitch in

0.01 % means insignificant that's why it is not worth for me to get VPN and sacrifice my other stuff.

I am just asking him to let my IP into FS Not whole HK area.

Comment

Originally posted by dupapa View Post
                              And and why would you suggest not to do Internet banking on a vpn? It's no different.

While there is not any security to be gained from banking on a vpn service is not any less secure either. The vpn provider cannot see your https traffic it's encrypted. The worst I could imagine is geo account locking as they think it weird your ip in another country say.

But I've banked using vpn and coming out of the Netherlands via ip. Using uk banks just fine.

Anyway off topic but it's annoying when you read wrong info.

Of course not dont you know that you are connecting to a THIRD PARTY? also like you said the https traffic is already encrypted then why do you need to go through VPN? it is like. you can drive straight to the destination but you choose to take a detour instead.

yes connection wise is fine but nevertheless VPN company knows what you are doing. why would I let VPN company knows what I am doing right?

Comment

Working...
                              X