Which is the best trading strategy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is the best trading strategy?

Which is the best trading strategy, by your opinion? With which strategy you have had the most success? I know that there are a lot of
    them, but I don`t know how to choose one.

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
    Which is the best trading strategy, by your opinion? With which strategy you have had the most success? I know that there are a lot of
    them, but I don`t know how to choose one.
    Andrew's FX Propulsion strategy is a good one to start with. You can download the eBook by clicking here.

It also includes the momentum metre which shows the best currency pairs to trade at any given time.
    Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Thank you both for tips, i think that eBook could be very usefull

Comment

I think this one is very good: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/fore...ing-ps/1817242

Comment

I think you are going the wrong direction to look for THE BEST strategy. The best approach is to have a number of not correlated strategies (different markets, different timeframes, different appraoches) so that the result is not ver exposed to one single strategy. Markets go through phases and that way you have a better chance to have a less wild ride, particularly when a strategy goes through a "not nice quite drastic drawdown" wich happens.

If you look for the best, then this (i.e. a multi strategy portfolio) is as close to the holy grail as you can come.

Comment

DrTom , Yes, I agree. It is always better if you combine more strategies, no matter what market (business) you`re in. Tip about percentage of maximum investment on daily and monthly basis is also very usefull.

Comment

Originally posted by DrTom View Post
              I think you are going the wrong direction to look for THE BEST strategy. The best approach is to have a number of not correlated strategies (different markets, different timeframes, different appraoches) so that the result is not ver exposed to one single strategy. Markets go through phases and that way you have a better chance to have a less wild ride, particularly when a strategy goes through a "not nice quite drastic drawdown" wich happens.

If you look for the best, then this (i.e. a multi strategy portfolio) is as close to the holy grail as you can come.
              I'm not sure I agree... Finding one profitable strategy is difficult enough, let alone trying to run multiple strategies at the same time.

You're not going to make money all the time, this is just the nature of trading the markets which we all need to accept. In 2016 I went for almost 12 months without making money, but since the start of 2017 I'm up over $100,000.

The idea of plugging in different strategies to trade different market conditions is appealing, however how do you know when market conditions will change? It could be in 2 mins, or 2 years.

If you can find a strategy that does well during the good times (whenever that might be) and doesn't lose heavily when things change then you're onto a winner.

Trying to double guess when conditions are going to change is near impossible in my opinion.

Comment

Hello, i'm newbie trader looking for help. Could you please advise me some safe and effective forex trading strategy to make 1-2% per month?
                I used to trade penny stocks and failed, now I want to invest my capital that I managed to earn thru a few years into Forex.
                Last edited by penny128; 05-17-2017, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post

I'm not sure I agree... Finding one profitable strategy is difficult enough, let alone trying to run multiple strategies at the same time.

You're not going to make money all the time, this is just the nature of trading the markets which we all need to accept. In 2016 I went for almost 12 months without making money, but since the start of 2017 I'm up over $100,000.

The idea of plugging in different strategies to trade different market conditions is appealing, however how do you know when market conditions will change? It could be in 2 mins, or 2 years.

If you can find a strategy that does well during the good times (whenever that might be) and doesn't lose heavily when things change then you're onto a winner.

Trying to double guess when conditions are going to change is near impossible in my opinion.
                  "I'm not sure I agree... Finding one profitable strategy is difficult enough, let alone trying to run multiple strategies at the same time."
                  Not really, i have 7 strategies (Profitable) http://www.myfxbook.com/members/aSTR...ronaut/2107847
                  Last edited by Logic Matters; 05-23-2017, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Logic Matters View Post

"I'm not sure I agree... Finding one profitable strategy is difficult enough, let alone trying to run multiple strategies at the same time."
                    Not really, i have 7 strategies (Profitable) http://www.myfxbook.com/members/aSTR...ronaut/2107847
                    Twelve days of experience. Try running those for twelve hundred days then get back to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Logic Matters View Post

I think you need to turn your monitor upside down...

When I remove the custom start date from this account I can see that you're still down 190EU since the start.

Comment

i need a strategy with high win rate,,,som1 help me

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post

I think you need to turn your monitor upside down...

When I remove the custom start date from this account I can see that you're still down 190EU since the start.
                          Well im not the kinda guy that likes to hide a past blown account, i could have simply opened a new cTrader account on my Pepperstone with fresh stats.. i lost 200euro deposit in april ( https://ibb.co/kO9xqv )
                          I removed and added more effiecient strategies with higher PF, and worked on my psychology side. and now i restarted in may with 100euro, and ive added 100euro more..
                          Whats wrong with that? im up 200+% so far, and im quiet proud over 200 trades across multiple pairs.

Ive busted the previous account nothing to hide, it wasnt that much my strategies fault as it was my all in on EUR/USD... i think we all busted a few times before psychology worked out.

Im in Forward testing phase, as soon as these keeps going for atleast 2 more weeks ill add bigger funds, reduce risk a slight.. but still expect a 15-25% week gain every week.
                          Last edited by Logic Matters; 05-23-2017, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike O View Post

Twelve days of experience. Try running those for twelve hundred days then get back to us.
                            Well.. no daytrader needs 4 years of live trading to confirm a good strategy, i manually backtested 6 years at arodund 5,000+ individual trades.

Comment

Logic Matters You can't expect to impress anyone on this site by showing 12 days of trading history. It's good that you backtested it on 6 years of data. You probably have a good chance of making a decent amount of money. Good luck to you.
                              Last edited by Mike O; 05-23-2017, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X