• Trading Room
  • Trusted Brokers
  • Blog
  • Forex Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets fight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lets fight

    Debate about anything and any signal provider

    Last edited by MrMcmahon; 04-13-2018, 11:59 AM.

  • #2
    Xinvestor primi Big River Man Balboa Better to say it here

    Comment


    • #3
      Xinvestor fwiw systems dont make the same kind of return year after year because the markets keep on changing . Agree steadycapture is in a rough patch but imho this is the best time to invest with him

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MrMcmahon View Post
        Xinvestor fwiw systems dont make the same kind of return year after year because the markets keep on changing . Agree steadycapture is in a rough patch but imho this is the best time to invest with him
        If you want to keep making 1% monthly and have the equity stop at 30%, then its definitely the right time. I never said the system is not profitable, my problem was always with its money management and its effectiveness.

        Comment


        • #5
          And his money management is not good. As it was not good with fxAmplified, Viper and pretty much all the others. I even got slightly in trouble for saying that in Viper thread. I'm not afraid to tell it like it is. Viper is horribly inefficient and now not only that, he is now also holding trades forever and that costs money. But he's history anyway.

          If you want to know, we were working on algo trading with that guy and another one. It's not easy to come up with a good algo even if you know your trading inside out. It wasn't me that was making that kind of returns, even though I know pretty much exactly what he was/is doing. I even talked to Nick about starting a signal years ago but it didn't go through. It wasn't really Nick's fault, from memory the trader wasn't comfortable with the regulation or lack thereof. Plus some of it was not really possible to copy, like trading USDJPY in anything from 30 second charts to M5 and everything in between. Stops were incredibly tight for that style and of course positions sizes go through the roof. If you can afford to open them in the first place due to margin requirements.

          Let's fight is not the best title for this thread. The purpose I had in mind was to talk usefull stuff in here, not to fight.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by primi View Post

            Let's fight is not the best title for this thread. The purpose I had in mind was to talk usefull stuff in here, not to fight.
            Opened it quickly .Didnt gave much thought to the name . hopefully we can debate like adults

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by primi View Post
              And his money management is not good. As it was not good with fxAmplified, Viper and pretty much all the others. I even got slightly in trouble for saying that in Viper thread. I'm not afraid to tell it like it is. Viper is horribly inefficient and now not only that, he is now also holding trades forever and that costs money. But he's history anyway.

              If you want to know, we were working on algo trading with that guy and another one. It's not easy to come up with a good algo even if you know your trading inside out. It wasn't me that was making that kind of returns, even though I know pretty much exactly what he was/is doing. I even talked to Nick about starting a signal years ago but it didn't go through. It wasn't really Nick's fault, from memory the trader wasn't comfortable with the regulation or lack thereof. Plus some of it was not really possible to copy, like trading USDJPY in anything from 30 second charts to M5 and everything in between. Stops were incredibly tight for that style and of course positions sizes go through the roof. If you can afford to open them in the first place due to margin requirements.

              Let's fight is not the best title for this thread. The purpose I had in mind was to talk usefull stuff in here, not to fight.
              So it was a scalping system. The problem with scalping is that it is not scalable, thats why I avoid any system that has the avg win below 10 pips. A couple of years ago I invested with a scalper who had amazing results. He was making 12% monthly on 3% max DD over 1 year period. He did that on a 2k account. His avg win was 3 pips and loss about 5 pips. The problems started when people discovered the PAMM and begun investing. The results started getting worse and worse and within 2 months, the account wasnt profitable anymore. The reason was that there was just not enough liquidity for good execution and even 0.5 pip slippage caused the system to be way less effective. The PAMM was pretty small, about 300k all together but the execution was getting worse and worse with every deposit and we were trading with a reputable broker with good liquidity. There were also accounts at prime brokerages with institutional liquidity and had the same issue. In the end, there were trades which had a slippage of 1-1.5 pips which caused the system to not be profitable anymore. I got lucky because I got in early and made nice profits in the first 2 months. People who invested later were down 15% when the PAMM eventually closed down due to bad perfromance.

              My point is that the profits you are talking about would be possible on small account, up to 100k or even less. Have you ever tried to open a trade on a 100k account? If you did, you would know that when you try opening a trade there is always some latency and the price slips. The actual entry price is worse than the order you made every single time. With systems who collect higher number of pips it doesnt really make a big difference but with scalping even 1 pip can mean the difference between profitability and loss. I can tell you from my own experience watching execution live on 100k+ account that when the order was sent, it always took 1-2s before it was actually executed and it was always at worse price. Did this trader test the system on bigger accounts or only on the standard 5-10k? But I agree with you, this kind of systems are not suitable for copying. They are just too sensitive to latency, slippage, brokerage comms and varying spreads.

              Comment


              • #8
                It was not just scalping, I just mentioned this part of it that was defo not suitable for copying. On UJ very low time frame trading his SL was regularly below 3 pips and as close as 1.5 pips. Lots of entries actually were via limit orders so slippage was not such a problem and his SL was hardly ever hit so it was not even a factor. He had various accounts of different sizes but usually and with returns like that you just start with a small account say 20k and then build it up to whatever feels comfortable and still works and then withdraw. I remember a point when he crossed to opening 100+ lots for the first time and he was pretty nervous for a while. With small accounts you start with high risk (say 3-5% per trade) and then keep reducing once it grows (to say 1-2%). I think he had about 300k at FXOpen UK when Alpari crashed but it may not have been a single account. Not sure anymore.

                But whatever he was doing it was always some sort of momentum trading. He knew his entries to an unbelievable precision and from there everything had to happen rather fast. He was not the kind of trader to be in trades for a long time and pretty much never overnight. He did put sometimes orders in for setups during asian session but it was at lower risks and obviously high time frames. He moved to higher time frames anyway, trading below M5 requires a lot and it's not really needed if you can do the same thing with less hassle.

                I don't remember if we ever measured any executions for his own manual trading. But we did use code for automated systems that logged execution times. The plan was to move to FIX API anyway and proprietary software and charting but we never got that far for various reasons. Mostly no automation came close to what he was able to do manually. But automation still has some benefits if you can get it right. Portfolio trading across many pairs and time frames for example. But you have to be really careful about correlated risks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Are we allowed to post links to MyFxbook if the signals are not available on ForexSignals.com ?

                  I had a go at searching myfxbook for signals as Xinvestor suggested in the other thread. I ended up with a list of 22 available. 4 Of which are actually available on simpletrader.net (one of which I am already following). I imagine I would rule out a fair number of them if I drilled down and looked at the trading history.

                  Is this the kind of thing your suggesting for selecting a trading strategy to invest in ?

                  Ps - I limited my search to 9 months history, max drawdown 10% and only manual technical traders if anyone wants to do the same.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Westie View Post
                    Are we allowed to post links to MyFxbook if the signals are not available on ForexSignals.com ?

                    I had a go at searching myfxbook for signals as Xinvestor suggested in the other thread. I ended up with a list of 22 available. 4 Of which are actually available on simpletrader.net (one of which I am already following). I imagine I would rule out a fair number of them if I drilled down and looked at the trading history.

                    Is this the kind of thing your suggesting for selecting a trading strategy to invest in ?

                    Ps - I limited my search to 9 months history, max drawdown 10% and only manual technical traders if anyone wants to do the same.
                    Yes you can post fxbook links , in a way you are helping Nick and Co to find good traders

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ok,

                      Here is what I came up with, I've attached a screenshot in case the link doesn't work.

                      Of those listed, I believe these 4 are already on simpletrader.net

                      Safe Aussie Profit
                      GoldenKiwi
                      Satang FX
                      Momentum Capture

                      These ones I would discount (this is just my opinion you may disagree)

                      Jin Hai, GPFromChina, Trend Master, Dream Master 100 - Not enough trades
                      SuperAsian - Scalping
                      Turtle EUR, NewsTrader Auto 5/6, Miki EUR - EA
                      Robin Vol - Breakout strategies aren't my thing
                      Jmaltavista - Grid
                      No Head. ForexInov - Equity growth looks like Martingale

                      Which Leaves

                      RamboV
                      Belkaglazer (x2), RamboV - These are provided by the same person
                      Rettangolo
                      Constant Growth

                      https://www.myfxbook.com/systems#?pt...tartSortType=1

                      myfxbook_strategies.PNG

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Just a few quick notes:
                        Robin is also an EA
                        Belkaglazer is most likely EA
                        Rambo looks very much the same, only not run so hot (plus some slight differences)
                        Rettangolo allows for up to 20%DD
                        Constant growth looks grid to me

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Westie GoldenKiwi is ticking time bomb. DD is much higher than shown, we already proved this here: https://www.forexsignals.com/forum/f...6256-c7traders

                          All those accounts are from the same person: https://www.myfxbook.com/members/MohitVS

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            oportunis

                            Yes I was stung by one of MohitVS previous strategy's, low risk USDCHF which blew up and took everything with it. Unsurprisingly it's no longer public.

                            https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Moh...usdchf/1888354

                            Doesn't leave much left,

                            Satang FX and Momentum Capture both have threads on here, I couldn't see a thread for Safe Aussie Profit though.

                            Rettangolo could be worth a further look.

                            Xinvestor could you tell me what I'm doing wrong ? I don't seem to be finding many of the strategies you alluded to.
                            Last edited by Westie; 04-14-2018, 03:10 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Only swing trading is suitable for investing.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X