Is this Myfxbook legit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Myfxbook legit?

On his page he says he was recruited by a trading company which initially let him manage $100k, he is now managing over $3 million USD. These figures would explain his large accounts but for some reason it seems too good to be true to me. I thought I would ask here if anyone can see anything fishy from the data as I have heard myfxbook data can be manipulated.

One thing that stands out to me is...
    Avg. Trade Length: 1h 26m
    Average Win: 177.99 pips / $5060.37
    I guess this would check out if he were trading exotics?

Woah holey smokes! How on earth does he manage 10% a month with so low dd, any hedge fund manager would give his wife up for that kind of performance over so many years,

umm well perhaps not his wife but guaranteed his right arm

Comment

Originally posted by efxtrade View Post

One thing that stands out to me is...
      Avg. Trade Length: 1h 26m
      Average Win: 177.99 pips / $5060.37
      I guess this would check out if he were trading exotics?
      He's only trading gold.

Comment

shady scams just keep people believing.

Comment

Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post
          shady scams just keep people believing.
          Care to explain how instead of just throwing out the typical forex forum one-liner?

Comment

its common sense these days. I shouldn't have to.

ask yourself these questions?

who use that brokerage?
            why do they only use that brokerage?
            does the trading history go back further than the domain registration?
            does any trader really make money every day for years without using some risky system that can blow up?
            Is the trading history public?

If they are that good, why be on myfxbook?
            What service are they promoting? is it a managed account solely at their brokerage of choice.

and etc.

Comment

the myfxbook is legit,

but the broker is not = meaning they can publish whatever they want to screw people.

many more like this being published, i have even seen a few fxcm which i cant quite explain. but we all know the story behind fxcm, simply stay away from them.

so its simply too good to be true

Comment

Originally posted by reinerh View Post
                the myfxbook is legit,

but the broker is not = meaning they can publish whatever they want to screw people.

many more like this being published, i have even seen a few fxcm which i cant quite explain. but we all know the story behind fxcm, simply stay away from them.

so its simply too good to be true
                Ah yes, the Breakout strategy I would have to assume, It almost looks like arb. They had special deals for reduced commission, spreads etc. Enough said.

Comment

It's more safe to trade with your own skill..

Comment

Goshh.... just like that last poster said You really shouldn't fall for any magic. I am reading MyFxbook a lot and somehow didn't seen that, it got my attention here. Yes, they are way too good to be on Myfxbook and overall if it's too good to be true it's probably is

Comment

Working...
                    X