Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big thanks to Forexsignals.com VIP signals and SFE price action + SFE night scalper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big thanks to Forexsignals.com VIP signals and SFE price action + SFE night scalper

Hi all,

My name is Jimmy and I have been with ForexSignals.com since 2013. I have been through the bad times like a lot of us here - FxAmplified, DayFox, 2 Million Dollar Master and TradeAlerter, to name a few.

Finally I can say I think I have found the way to financial freedom thanks to Nick's current traders GoldStar and SteadyCapture. They are true professionals with proven records and I have no doubt we will keep making new equity highs in the future. (Kilimanjaro is not bad but I think could be better).

Nevertheless, I would also like to thank Tripzor/Bart on the forum here who probably doesn't know me, but I was introduced to 2 EA's called SFE Price Action and SFE Night Scalper a few months ago when I saw his forum post signature at the time. These EA's are excellent mid- to long-term performers but unfortunately I started using them just right around the time when they made equity highs in July this year, and they were in drawndown ever since. But it was all well worth the wait as you can see from my stats that the breakout of USD strength in the last single week was more than enough to reverse last few months' losses, and make some decent gains. (some of the large losses on my account, eg. on Nov 22, were due to over-leveraged manual trades which I managed to recover from, but will I never do manual trades again - it was quite scary!)

I am in no way affiliated with the author of SFE Price Action and Night Scalper but I believe they are probably the most under-rated EA's out there, because of the steep price (SFE PA costs $2000 and SFE NS costs $1500 on the MQL5 website). However this may not necessarily be a bad thing as it helps drive away traders who are not so serious about trading. But I think the EA's are definitely worth a mention here as I cannot be more grateful for them and I would really like to introduce them to the community here, and hope they can help others here achieve their financial goals sooner too.

I believe it may be worthwhile for Nick to negotiate with the author of SFE PA and NS to see if they can be exclusively offered by ForexSignals.com. The EA's trade very frequently and will bring Nick a lot of commissions, and the author may be remunerated more for his excellent EA's through the exposure at ForexSignals.com. Also, Nick may be able to come up with a deal that can make the EAs more affordable to the members here. I think that would be a win-win-win situation for Nick, the author, and everyone else in the community here.

I know most people are not fond of EA's and I was one of them too. But I believe these EA's are definitely worth looking at.

Nick, can you please let me know your thoughts on this?

Kind regards,
    Jimmy
    Last edited by ccjhuang; 12-16-2016, 05:29 AM.
    Jimmy’s Personal Account - Myfxbook
    Jimmy's Personal Account - SimpleTrader Signal
    SFE Price Action Autolot High Risk - Myfxbook
    SFE Price Action Autolot High Risk - SimpleTrader Signal

Originally posted by ccjhuang View Post
    Hi all,

My name is Jimmy and I have been with ForexSignals.com since 2013. I have been through the bad times like a lot of us here - FxAmplified, DayFox, 2 Million Dollar Master and TradeAlerter, to name a few.

Finally I can say I think I have found the way to financial freedom thanks to Nick's current traders GoldStar and SteadyCapture. They are true professionals with proven records and I have no doubt we will keep making new equity highs in the future. (Kilimanjaro is not bad but I think could be better).

Nevertheless, I would also like to thank Tripzor/Bart on the forum here who probably doesn't know me, but I was introduced to 2 EA's called SFE Price Action and SFE Night Scalper a few months ago when I saw his forum post signature at the time. These EA's are excellent mid- to long-term performers but unfortunately I started using them just right around the time when they made equity highs in July this year, and they were in drawndown ever since. But it was all well worth the wait as you can see from my stats that the breakout of USD strength in the last single week was more than enough to reverse last few months' losses, and make some decent gains. (some of the large losses on my account, eg. on Nov 22, were due to over-leveraged manual trades which I managed to recover from, but will I never do manual trades again - it was quite scary!)

I am in no way affiliated with the author of SFE Price Action and Night Scalper but I believe they are probably the most under-rated EA's out there, because of the steep price (SFE PA costs $2000 and SFE NS costs $1500 on the MQL5 website). However this may not necessarily be a bad thing as it helps drive away traders who are not so serious about trading. But I think the EA's are definitely worth a mention here as I cannot be more grateful for them and I would really like to introduce them to the community here, and hope they can help others here achieve their financial goals sooner too.

I believe it may be worthwhile for Nick to negotiate with the author of SFE PA and NS to see if they can be exclusively offered by ForexSignals.com. The EA's trade very frequently and will bring Nick a lot of commissions, and the author may be remunerated more for his excellent EA's through the exposure at ForexSignals.com. Also, Nick may be able to come up with a deal that can make the EAs more affordable to the members here. I think that would be a win-win-win situation for Nick, the author, and everyone else in the community here.

I know most people are not fond of EA's and I was one of them too. But I believe these EA's are definitely worth looking at.

Kind regards,
    Jimmy
    Hey Jimmy,

Great to see you doing well

What do you know about this EA? Based on 5mins of research just now it looks like it's relatively flat and I'm concerned that it'll work, until it doesn't, just like every other EA I've ever seen.

$1,500 one off payment also worries me if I'm honest, that's a big whack!

I'd love to find out more about the strategy and if there's more to it than appears on first glance then we can certainly make it available here through SimpleTrader or a MAM.

Do you have their contact details?

Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Hi Nick I think the author may also offer them as a signal

Comment

Hi Nick,

Here are the myfxbook stats for the EA's:
        SFE price action: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/atra...normal/1331484
        SFE night scalper: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/atra...calper/1393341

you can also see author's posts explaining about the strategies on their respective MQL5 websites:
        SFE PA: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/5716
        SFE NS:https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/12156

Maybe you can get your team to analysis the stats as well.

You can contact the author with a MQL5 account and his ID is atractor. He is very helpful and has always responded to me, although sometimes it may take a few days if he is busy.

Basically SFE price action is a volatility EA that works best when there is a strong one-way price action, like what we have seen in the past week.
        It usually opens trades in the same direction when there is a strong price movement, but also places sell stop or buy stop orders to catch a reversal.
        It is also quite smart in setting SL to BE and trailing the profits. It usually ends up with BE or small loss most days but only needs a few strong sessions to score big gains.
        The only way to lose significant amount is when there is big up and down see-saw movement which does occasionally happen and you can lose up to about 10% in a day, but one or two good sessions will more than make up for it.
        I think for those who have used EA's before it is kind of similar to ForexGrowthBot but with a lot better money management and also similar to an EA called HE Spider in term of its way of trying to catch reversals.

SFE night scalper trades the market after hours and is also quite profitable. Author sells both EA and signals but for some reason nobody subscribes to the signals.
        I think I am the only subscriber to SFE night scalper which costs $100 per month but I have already made close to $8k from it.
        Subscribing to signal with night scalper is a lot easier because you will need to configure the EA yourself with different parameters to the author, which you may find it mentioned if you go through the comment pages on the MQL5 product website.

Hope that helps.

regards,
        Jimmy
        Last edited by ccjhuang; 12-16-2016, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Last couple of month i thought that this EA was going downward move, but i take off my hat to you because continued to believ .
          Great account!!

Comment

Originally posted by gbguimaraes View Post
            Last couple of month i thought that this EA was going downward move, but i take off my hat to you because continued to believ .
            Great account!!
            Yes both Price Action and Night Scalper were in drawdown since July and they only just made new highs this week. I trusted the author because I could see his professionalism in his comments and he has the stats backing him up. He does not hype about his products and I think that's why the EA's are not widely known - I believe only people who are serious about trading can see the value behind his products despite the dear price tag. And you will need to be patient as several months of stagnation seems to be the norm, but you will be greatly rewarded for you patience.

So going forward I am going to stop manual trading completely as I have several times nearly got myself into serious trouble in the past few months.

My portfolio will now consist of:

SFE Price Action - will give big gains every few months when volatility hits. Able to keep the drawdown acceptably low between the big days.

SFE Night Scalper - a well-designed frequent-trading scalper that trades in the quiet hours. Can have drawdowns higher than Price Action but with higher returns too.

SteadyCapture - will slowly grind profit out of the market all year long

GoldStar - decent gains when gold price is range-bound but also capable of handling trending moves.

Kilimanjaro - is a slow process but hopefully will make more gains than losses in the long term.

I think my portfolio is now complete and I am just going to let it run and see where I end up in another year's time.

Good luck to your trading as well

regards,
            Jimmy

Comment

Thanks. Merry Christmas to you too!

Although I kind of expected some drawdown after the recent big gains, my account has actually been able to hold on to the gains pretty well over the last week. Let's hope with more trading activities and volatility expected in January my account will continue to grow.

Also, I wish all the members here, Nick and his team a great Christmas and New Year and a good year of trading ahead.

Comment

Hi all,

Kind regards,
                Jimmy
                Well the system stagnate for half a year
                Max DD is 3x times the monthly profit
                IMHO not worth it.

Comment

I think the EAs are very good mid- to long-term strategies that can be included in one's portfolio. At least for me I have already made back what I paid for plus a lot more. I personally prefer strategies like these that make profits slowly but surely, rather than high risk strategies that give you fast short term gains but then goes bust (e.g. GoodBoy Fx).

Today I got stung by GoldStar and lost about 25%. I have now dialed down the risk from 3x to 2.5x USD on GoldStar (my account is AUD). I believe it is quite recoverable and let's see how the rest of month fares.

Not the best start to 2017...I hope it gets better from here for everyone!
                  Last edited by ccjhuang; 01-05-2017, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Hi Nick,

I am sorry to see that Goldstar is no longer endorsed by ForexSignals.com, but I suppose all grid strategies have the potential risk of large DD when the price does not retrace.

I still use SFE price action and it has nearly recovered all the Goldstar loss in January after the FOMC this week. I am nearly back to equity high. I really think you should look into it and see if the EA or its signal can be offered here to the ForexSignal.com community.

The EA is getting on average 4.2 star on its review page, which is really amazing considering the $2000 price tag. All the negative reviews were left in the drawdown period and it has just made new equity high this week.

The author has just released a new version recently which has even less DD on backtest and overall better trade management. I am leaving the information here to share with everyone because I really think this EA is a gem not to be missed, and I hope ForexSignals.com can somehow recruit the EA or its signal for the community members. I am not affiliated with the author and don't get any benefit out of leaving this post, but I really hope people here can get the chance to use the right tool for their trading.

MQL5 Product Page:
                    https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/5716

myfxbook stats:
                    http://www.myfxbook.com/members/atra...normal/1331484

backtest result on newest version 2.3:
                    https://c.mql5.com/31/164/Portfolio_..._size_0.09.zip

Comment

Hi Nick,

I am sorry to see that Goldstar is no longer endorsed by ForexSignals.com, but I suppose all grid strategies have the potential risk of large DD when the price does not retrace.

I still use SFE price action and it has nearly recovered all the Goldstar loss in January after the FOMC this week. I am nearly back to equity high. I really think you should look into it and see if the EA or its signal can be offered here to the ForexSignal.com community.

The EA is getting on average 4.2 star on its review page, which is really amazing considering the $2000 price tag. All the negative reviews were left in the drawdown period and it has just made new equity high this week.

The author has just released a new version recently which has even less DD on backtest and overall better trade management. I am leaving the information here to share with everyone because I really think this EA is a gem not to be missed, and I hope ForexSignals.com can somehow recruit the EA or its signal for the community members. I am not affiliated with the author and don't get any benefit out of leaving this post, but I really hope people here can get the chance to use the right tool for their trading.

MQL5 Product Page:
                      https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/5716

myfxbook stats:
                      http://www.myfxbook.com/members/atra...normal/1331484

backtest result on newest version 2.3:
                      https://c.mql5.com/31/164/Portfolio_..._size_0.09.zip
                      Thank you for sharing and being so open. I will add to my myfxbook watchlist.

Comment

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post

Thank you for sharing and being so open. I will add to my myfxbook watchlist.
                        You are most welcome!
                        I think you will be amazed by this EA's trading alogarithm and performance after watching it for a while

Comment

Today I thought I'd just give an update about how each strategy has done (or did) since I started trading this account on 28th June 2016. It has been an interesting journey where we saw FxViper leaving, Smart2 crashing since Brexit, Kilimanjaro still flat-lining and GoldStar under-performing.

Here is the breakdown (the figures can be verified on my FXBlue stats page by clicking the second chart on my signature):

Active Strategies:
                          Manual Trades (magic number 0): +$27245.90
                          SFE Price Action (magic numbers 124880 and between
                          400000 - 500000): +$17609.22
                          SFE Night Scalper (magic number 138420): +$10255.36
                          SteadyCapture (filtered by comment): +$10439.15
                          GoldStar (filtered by comment): -$4617.84

Retired Strategies:
                          FxViper (filtered by comment): +$3777.13
                          Kilimanjaro (filtered by comment): -$51.99
                          Smart2 (filtered by comment): -$6366.17

I must say I have been lucky with my manual trades - I have made some big trades following my EAs and signals when their trade is in drawdown and I feel the market is about to turn. It has turned out well but to be honest it may have just been luck and I could have easily been wiped out if a few of the trades did not go in my favour. Now that my account is large enough I don't think I will take that kind of risk again.

After reading Hans' recent posts I have decided to give GoldStar another go. I hope he won't hit another hard SL soon

This will be my portfolio going forward:

SFE Night Scalper - 0.95x AUD (I am copying the signal through MQL5 which only allows you to allocate maximum 95% of your funds to a signal)
                          SFE Price Action - 0.90 Fixed Lot (which is higher than the recommended lot size [0.01 lot per $1000 USD], but I plan to dial the risk down once I reach about $100k)
                          SteadyCapture - 1.3x USD (roughly about 1.7x risk on my AUD account, with theoretical max DD of around 50%)
                          GoldStar - 1.5x USD (roughly about 2x risk on my AUD account and I am prepared to be hit with 25% DD if Hans hits his 12.5% DD)

I will give more updates in the future when I see something interesting or when I make changes to my portfolio.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

regards,
                          Jimmy
                          Last edited by ccjhuang; 03-20-2017, 05:00 AM. Reason: changed risk setting for SteadyCapture and GoldStar after reading SteadyCapture's comment on his max theoretical DD

Comment

*edit* I found a link to the setup manual Price-Action-quick-setup-manual-R220.zip

I've been looking at the information on both SFE PA and NS, and they look impressive. I'm going to subscribe to them both, but I have no idea how to setup the MQL5 signal system. My only experience is connecting the relatively automatic EA signals from forexsignals. After searching around the MQL5 website, I'm still at a loss. Any ideas on where I can go to figure out how to get things setup and running?

Last edited by fiveninefish; 04-26-2017, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Wow I didn't know that you could still post a reply in the archive forum. I only found this post through the "latest posts" function. It's good that you have found the information you needed.

I have made another new high recently thanks to SFE Price Action capitalizing on last week's GBP move and SteadyCapture's great trading lately (I copied a few of his trades manually at higher risk which went in my favour).

By the way Nick, I think you said you were going to restore this thread for me somewhere on the forum since the testimonial section was removed?
                              Last edited by ccjhuang; 04-26-2017, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X