Psychological and Biological Factors - keys to trading success

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychological and Biological Factors - keys to trading success

I decided to start an important new thread here on Psychological and Biological Factors in successful (profitable) trading.
    We see it time after time. Poor decisions. Even from experienced and seasoned traders.
    So I have studied this a lot, reading articles, watching YouTube documentaries, all while I am in front of the screens trading my manual strategies.

I am going to start a list of resources that have helped me immensely, and I hope you add to the list:
    1. "Overcoming Self Doubt"
    2. Documentary on Trading Psychology and Case Studies on Decision Making
    3. "the hour between dog and wolf" by John Coates
    4. "the biology of risk" by John Coates
    “Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!”

Outside the Box - Myfxbook
    Outside the Box - SimpleTrader Trade Copying

1. Janice Dorn, M.D., Ph.D. @ www.thetradingdoctor.com her article entitled "This is your Brain on Trading" -- see Page 5 and 6 specifically
    2. Also.... John Coates speaks much and researches much about this field of "NeuroFinance". Some of his research can be found on the insightful video above at Point #2.
    3. (PDF) NEUROFINANCE: GETTING AN INSIGHT INTO THE TRADER'S MIND. Available from:

Much of the academic finance theory is based on the assumption that individuals act rationally and behavioral finances treats investors’ choice based by behavioral biases. In contrast, neuro-finance (as a blending of psychology, neurology and finance) attempts to understand behavior by examining the physiological processes in the human brain when exposed to financial risk. Scientists map the mind to learn how fear and greed drive the financial markets. The paper, will briefly present why neurofinance is important and how will be able to provide in the near future a number of effective tools for improved financial decision making.
    “Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!”

Outside the Box - Myfxbook
    Outside the Box - SimpleTrader Trade Copying

Comment

I think that this is very useful topic to think about. Not so many traders are aware of all psychological aspects that exists on financial markets. Sometimes learning how to control your emotions while trading can make distinction between profitable and lose deal

Comment

Working...
      X