• Trading Room
  • Trusted Brokers
  • Blog
  • Forex Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Over 70% in 6 months,,, possible ? Yes. Take a look :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over 70% in 6 months,,, possible ? Yes. Take a look :)

After some devistating months as a subscriper, getting bad results from Steady Capture, using PriceAction EA and Clifford Bennett ( I canīt forgive myself in subbing to that guy). My account went down and almost to the drain.
    I had been using my own trading, manual and also my own EAīs, and getting some pretty decent results. But that day I decided to play my own game. No other EAīs, no other signals, just my own trading.
    In my manual trading, I am evaluating strength and weakness of currencies each night and looking for opportunites, only on Daily charts. Also I am using my own EA, designed after my trading. It is the HB low risk EA (reversal trading), but here I am taking 1% risk per trade instead of 0.5. Also using a slight modification of that same EA and with that modification, believe it or not, it trades with the trend. I am also running that EA on seperate account, just to build some history for that one as well as the reversal system. It is important for me, not the let my EAīs do their own thing, I monitor them every night and I modify or cancel some trades if I feel that way.

So I am on a decent run and will keep on going in that direction. Finally I am my own master. Cheers to that Just wanted to show you that this is possible.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by hs2013 View Post
    After some devistating months as a subscriper, getting bad results from Steady Capture, using PriceAction EA and Clifford Bennett ( I canīt forgive myself in subbing to that guy). My account went down and almost to the drain.
    I had been using my own trading, manual and also my own EAīs, and getting some pretty decent results. But that day I decided to play my own game. No other EAīs, no other signals, just my own trading.
    In my manual trading, I am evaluating strength and weakness of currencies each night and looking for opportunites, only on Daily charts. Also I am using my own EA, designed after my trading. It is the HB low risk EA (reversal trading), but here I am taking 1% risk per trade instead of 0.5. Also using a slight modification of that same EA and with that modification, believe it or not, it trades with the trend. I am also running that EA on seperate account, just to build some history for that one as well as the reversal system. It is important for me, not the let my EAīs do their own thing, I monitor them every night and I modify or cancel some trades if I feel that way.

So I am on a decent run and will keep on going in that direction. Finally I am my own master. Cheers to that Just wanted to show you that this is possible.
    Great work!

Comment

may i copy your trades

Comment

There is ALWAYS pain involved in learning the most important lessons in Forex Trading. But if we are disciplined and do our best to not make the same mistake twice, then we no doubt will keep recovering from mistakes in a stronger and stronger way (1 step back, 2 steps forward).
        Most trade copying signals will teach people what NOT to do.
        Clifford Bennett is a very odd example of this indeed. I keep looking at him, wondering, what is it that he actually provides to Forex traders?
        I can't find the value, even though his website, YouTube channel, social media look shiny and exotic in a professional way:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xQRBdYDteI

No matter how long I'm in this industry, I maintain the firm conviction that the best; most disciplined manual traders will beat Algos/Robots/Automatic systems hands down IF they have a proven edge. You must prove this edge though, as I learned in reading many of the great books on trading that I recommend to people who are serious about learning and growing as a manual discretionary trader:
        1. Trading in the Zone, by Mark Douglas
        2. Hedge Fund Market Wizards, by Jack Schwager
        3. Market Wizards, Interviews with Top Traders, by Jack Schwager
        “Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!”

Outside the Box - Myfxbook
        Outside the Box - SimpleTrader Trade Copying
        Outside the Box - MQL5 Trade Copying

Comment

Good job! I wish you many green pips

Comment

wow, that's really great results. You've done great job! I wish you to make 200% next time

Comment

I totally support this:

No matter how long I'm in this industry, I maintain the firm conviction that the best; most disciplined manual traders will beat Algos/Robots/Automatic systems hands down IF they have a proven edge.
              Great job.

Comment

Now I am up to around 90%. After a great September, I finished October with +6.79. The Max DD on this account is 35.61%.
                Tactics used:
                * Strength and Weakness evaluation
                * Reversal trades (no reversal trade in October)
                * Trading with the trend with the aid of my EAīs and the S&W evaluation
                * Every trade is split up in 2 or 3 parts with each part risking 1%. Every trade with same SL but with different TPīs.
                * Now also running one basket, was testing one of my EAīs on that one. It only activates when a currency is extremily overbought or oversold on many of the higher timeframes, M,W and the when it also is on the D, it activates. It activated on the exotic AUDSGD (buy). Sounds really great and it is closing itīs trades soon but this one is too much for my liking, so I will put that onto the drawing board again and work on it even though it will give me some nice profit in the end.

100% is getting closer

Comment

Comment

Nice activity before the weekend close and now I am up 115% since starting relying on my own trading. The markets have been trending nicely the past months and I have been able to follow that trend. Keep telling myself, if I see the right setup, go for it. I am not dissillusioned by this achivement and focused on keeping up the good work.
                    Wish you all nice weekend.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Great work! Awesome results!

Comment

Finished the verification process. So here you are.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/HB_...-manual/914304

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Drcdp
                          Great work! Awesome results!
                          Thank you it is quite satisfying to trade on your own and have the fate of the account solely in your own hands (and mind). Taking “educated” risks and if a trade fails, you know that you followed your rules and you will use that “failure” to learn from.

Comment

Yea hey congrats. You are doing much better than the whole 5 year equity curve.

HB-simpletrader.JPG
                            “Learn from your mistakes and do not give up!”

Outside the Box - Myfxbook
                            Outside the Box - SimpleTrader Trade Copying
                            Outside the Box - MQL5 Trade Copying

Comment

I know .. it was heartbreaking to watch the account go down. But I know I will back there someday using my own trading.
                              And started in April for myself. Clifford Bennett, SteadyCapture, Joel Kruger (selling the S&P) made this decision easy for me.
                              I am not expecting this kind of results but the setups are there and I just go for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X