Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Over 70% in 6 months,,, possible ? Yes. Take a look :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am also forgetting a PriceAction ea that was adverticed here in the forum. My fault completely. In hindsight, getting too gready after reaching the 50k and wanting to grow faster.
    Lesson learned my friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on your results! I never got into signals so can't compare but doing it all by yourself and manually is the way to go. You just have to put in the hours and the setups will become more clear as each year goes by. Thanks for sharing your account, it's on my watch list and keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by WPFX View Post
        Congrats on your results! I never got into signals so can't compare but doing it all by yourself and manually is the way to go. You just have to put in the hours and the setups will become more clear as each year goes by. Thanks for sharing your account, it's on my watch list and keep up the good work!
        It's funny because yes this is exactly the right mixture of vigilance and care that will create success.
        Manual trading. Real human judgment and vigilance over something you can own 100%
        And then....
        You know what happens next?
        Many of these profitable strategy creators (myself being one of these) think "hey I can offer this strategy to the wider community as trade copying and fund investment" and by doing so we are then able to trade full time, support the furthering of our trading as a business, and that's what good investments are made of.
        So we are right back where we started, but this way would create a community of signals that are manually traded and given the utmost of care, risk management, and ability to cut losses to preserve capital to continue the upward trajectory of the equity curves for others.

Comment

Originally posted by OutsideTheBoxHK View Post

So we are right back where we started, but this way would create a community of signals that are manually traded and given the utmost of care, risk management, and ability to cut losses to preserve capital to continue the upward trajectory of the equity curves for others.
          Just keep track of accounts like this one (which I'm sure you're already doing) and maybe in a couple years we can create such a community. I'm not there yet but will be for sure if I keep this up. I don't know about the logistics but wouldn't it be awesome if we could just pool together 5 to 10 solid manual traders as a fund to invest in. For me that would be something worth investing in and then you're not depending on just the success of one trader.

Comment

Originally posted by WPFX View Post

Just keep track of accounts like this one (which I'm sure you're already doing) and maybe in a couple years we can create such a community. I'm not there yet but will be for sure if I keep this up. I don't know about the logistics but wouldn't it be awesome if we could just pool together 5 to 10 solid manual traders as a fund to invest in. For me that would be something worth investing in and then you're not depending on just the success of one trader.
            1. Some trade copy clients mix multiple signals on their trading accounts already as a diversified portfolio
            2. Some platforms offering mini-hedge fund investments into strategies like Darwinex (BUX Portfolio & Most invested strategies) already offer investors the ability to invest in multiple strategies as a diversified portfolio of funds

Comment

Congrats! What is your max possible drawdown. Its currently around 35 give or take. Can it go higher?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

congrats on your manual trading. Do you have plans of being a signal provider or account manager?

Comment

Comment

Congrats on a well fought journey.
                      Shoot me a private message re your guesthouse as I always like visiting remote countries and exploring new places for my working holidays.

Comment

Last month was little bit crazy, was up 17% for a time,then down -6% and still finishing in profit. But I fully believe in my system and it is very good in catching the trend and adding to the move. When you look at the full history of the account, dating back to 2013, you will get scared and want to stay away. But this is my journey through the forex world and how you can take matter in your own hands.
                        So after 9 months, I am up 100%. Will it be 98 or 99 tomorrow, maybe, but the 100% barrier has been breached and it is only upwards from here. I will reduce trading activites when closer to Christmas period, around 20th Dec and until the second week in Jan.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Open for subscription:

Trading all major and minor forex crosses, major commodities like gold, silver and oil, as well as major equity indices (very rarely though).

Feel free to follow. Just be careful to dial down your risk as I am taking 1% on each trade and the intraday swings can be few percents. I would recommend to start with 0.25% on every trade and also.... stick to the subscription.

You can send me pm or e-mail via invest@hbinvest.is. But before you start your subscriptions, read through all the posts here.

What to expect from HB manual:

Maximum DD: 30-40% (when risking 1% pr part of each trade)
                          Profit factor: 1.2
                          Average yearly profit: 30 - 60%

What I use the most: Candle stick formations

The Daily charts provide an excellent opportunity to trade this method and there is no need to watch the shorter timeframes. Use the time to do other things. When a good setup and signal occurs it gives us a very high probability trade. In general, the higher the timeframe the more reliable a candle pattern is. I get the best results from the D1 charts and use that the most. I also trade the Weekly charts but the setups are fewer but also reliable.

I enter the trades at retracement. Why not get into the trade at the market? By using pending orders, I get into the trade at a better price and the price usually retraces before moving again. Sometimes I miss out but it is worth it to increase the Risk:Reward. It is also important to note that the trades can be open for few days before moving in our favour. But if the initial setup was strong enough the Daily charts do not fail very often with this style of trading.

Comment

Comment

I really need to change the name on this discussion to: Over 100% in 9 months.
                              I knew that I had the right system and the right mindset to succeed. I just needed to be pushed off the cliff .. and that just happened by the end of 2017 and starting months in 2018. So sometimes it is good to get all the way down to rise up again.
                              I just sent my first trades to the fund manager that was interested in my progress and I guess he should be up at least 5% this week.

Comment

Originally posted by hs2013
                                No, I don�t expect the DD to go higher than 35%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Dont expect? Meaning your not sure and there is potential for it to go higher? Can you explain how this is at 35% and what controls you have to keep it no higher than 35%?

Dont mean to rubbish your strategy. But DD in myfxbook comes from either consecutive realised losses that total 35% or a unrealised floating loss at one point. Both suggest potential danger. It may not be now but with a high DD there is a reasonable probability you could end up like one of your past subscribers.

All the best.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X