X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfx
    replied
    Originally posted by Pattybear View Post
    What win rate and risk to reward ratio makes a strategy "good"? What should I be aiming for when testing a system? Is it possible to have a win rate as high as 60 percent with a 1:2 risk to reward strategy or should I aim lower.
    What you should look is the expectancy curve. A quick search on google will bring up lots of answers.
    https://blackstonefutures.co.za/why-...-rate-succeed/

60% and a 1:2 is awesome! and not easy to obtain. If you have one, lucky you! All the best.
    Last edited by nfx; 09-24-2019, 12:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• landorra
    replied
    Gholbizel is right. Do not push yourself to a fixed risk to reward ratio. Feel comfortable with your strategy first and then improving the ratio will come along.

Leave a comment:

• Gholbizel
    replied
    Is it possible to have a win rate as high as 60 percent with a 1:2 risk to reward strategy or should I aim lower - yes it's really really damn possible anyway. But I do not recommend you to fix yourself on some systems or something like that. Do all manual.

Leave a comment:

• Pattybear
    started a topic Strategy Testing

Strategy Testing

What win rate and risk to reward ratio makes a strategy "good"? What should I be aiming for when testing a system? Is it possible to have a win rate as high as 60 percent with a 1:2 risk to reward strategy or should I aim lower.
Working...
X