Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfx
    replied
    Stay safe with those kind of monthly returns means your risking a lot per pip move. 19% drawdown is already a red flag for most. I wish you good fortune. Taming the lion is not easy but its favourite food are big risk takers. Stay safe and hope the pips be with you.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Waleed121
    replied
    Hope you all had a good month trading or investing.. Up a humongous 48.6% for the month, unfortunately currently have a 19% Drawdown, but with the return for the month already I'm not worried. I will eradicate the position by partial closures based on high and low of the week for the pair and I have already done so by 24% without increasing DD!. It seems I average 1000 pips a month so far. not all of my positions have tight stops not more than 25 pips, some have mental stops and i manage them well. If it wasnt for this Drawdown I would have a great equity curve. But Trading cant be perfect. I expect to repeat the same gains next month. It's good to know I've reached a 5 figure sum now! Good feeling.

Trading is simple, but not EASY.

Thanks,

Waleed

Leave a comment:

• Waleed121
    replied
    https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/pipster/2384124

Leave a comment:

• petermatt
    replied
    Hey Waleed,

Whatever you are now doing it is certainly working. It's encouraging to see you doing so well.

Pete

Leave a comment:

• hs2013
    replied
    Good job Waleed Long may the good run continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Waleed121
    replied
    Just reached 200% in less than a month. May it continue :-)

Leave a comment:

• Waleed121
    replied
    Took me about a year to learn the method and apply it mentally and chart wise, but been losing in the business for years.
    Re-modify everything I knew about the market. I dont pay attention to fundamentals or news, to me its all garbage and used to apply panic and senseless decisions for Traders.

Leave a comment:

• Waleed121
    replied
    Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Incredible discipline and very good grasp of the market? How long did it take for you to reach this level proficiency?
    Thanks - it has taken me years, but after learning how they really move the market, It all changed for me, I was going the wrong way the whole time. I went through a course. It changed it all for me. 5% gain for today. 155% gain for the month. I know its crazy returns but when you look at the Drawdown its incomparable to other strategies out there.

I hope to provide signals/or a fund in the future. I need to build the portfolio first and I will be in touch with Nick. Looking forward to February. I think I'm done for the month!

Leave a comment:

• AK47
    replied
    Originally posted by Waleed121 View Post
    As promised, I'm back, here is my myfxbook. I'm hoping to consistently produce these gains. I'm sharing this in the open. I've changed my trading style to now monitor a higher TF before entering my trade setups. Sometimes I have a mental stop and enter on low lots, sometimes I place a SL. as I know price will move up 85% of the time. Managing DD below 15% is the goal also...

I've so far already hit my pip target for the month in the first week... will be taking it easy until February. Won't help it though if I see a setup worth taking!!

Best of luck to all.

Incredible discipline and very good grasp of the market? How long did it take for you to reach this level proficiency?

Leave a comment:

• Waleed121
    replied
    As promised, I'm back, here is my myfxbook. I'm hoping to consistently produce these gains. I'm sharing this in the open. I've changed my trading style to now monitor a higher TF before entering my trade setups. Sometimes I have a mental stop and enter on low lots, sometimes I place a SL. as I know price will move up 85% of the time. Managing DD below 15% is the goal also...

I've so far already hit my pip target for the month in the first week... will be taking it easy until February. Won't help it though if I see a setup worth taking!!

Best of luck to all.

Leave a comment:

• bryced
    replied
    Nooooooo!!! "Turn the machines back on!" (that's from the movie, Trading Places) So, it seems... Stop Loss Limits are Important? Thank you for learning that lesson for all of us. Really. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Waleed121
    replied
    Originally posted by dupapa View Post
    Yo waleed

How goes that journey of yours?

Hope you well bud

Cheers

//ben

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Hey Ben, I've blown my account on the EURJPY move that occurred on May, I released my stop-loss to ride the wave, guess what, taking out your stop should never be an option! I will be back and will be posting here, my journey is not over and I intend on trading bigger lots soon, right now my account size is small and building that is a pain. Hows your journey going?

I no longer rely on anyone to trade my money as its in the best of interest to trade your own and the way it fits for you.

All the best pal,

Waleed

Leave a comment:

• dupapa
    replied
    Yo waleed

How goes that journey of yours?

Hope you well bud

Cheers

//ben

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Waleed121
    replied
    Done for the month I'd say now, more than enough gain of 50+%, unless I see an opportunity in NZDUSD. EU closed out for small pips but potential downside is there. ECB soon so I know how they like to hit stops with their spike moves with interest rate decision. I'll prefer to book and move on, profit is profit. Happy trading guys. End of the month. Keep that in mind

Leave a comment:

• Waleed121
    replied
    Originally posted by dupapa View Post
    I have to agree with the comment about not finding a winning formula here, thats not a discredit to this place, but i honestly think that to be successful you really work out that yourself, yes you can pick bits from other examples and learn from people, but ultimatly only you can find your winning formula

As long as you trade your plan, then as you say all will be fine, keeping on your plan and not letting emotions get you long term is key, but sounds like you getting your trading on point so will be watching as they say!

and yeah i agree gain vs dd is good

you have a point about being in and out quickly, likely to the pleasure of your subs, but dont under estimate that pressure, seen so many stumble out the gate, but i hope you dont, and good luck to doing as you set out,

wouldnt we all love a 5-6 figure account, one day with work i believe achievable,

sound like im somewhat following you/doing like above, as also going to go full time this year, and a change in my personal circumstances that coming in the next few months should facilitate this move

Good luck Waleed, we all need it
    Well right now ofcourse subs is not my concern but to ensure my trading goes to plan and to increase my equity. I normally look to close my position at session and gap changeover's as different session at times hold different objectives as market makers across the globe change and are given new objectives and instructions. normally never more than 2 positions at a time (max 3). Thanks Dupapa and hope to stay in touch, I loved the community here it was fun discussing different traders on here and I enjoyed being part of it here. I left this forum because I wanted to find my touch and I didn't find it by following any trader here and I have to be honest and say there are many profitable traders out there that surpass the traders that have been enrolled here. Nick does great with the transparency but unfortunately has not found many traders who will have a mutual agreement or fit his scope of enrolment. The reason why I have to say confidentially that I would not find emotions an issue is ive seen my method work time and time again and the behaviours are really limited by the market makers and dealers. There is only so many ways they can trick retail traders and human psychology has not changed since the beginning of time. We are all fear / greed based mammals lol.

Notice i dont scale in or do anything to increase risk as its not needed and i dont see a point. Execute ur entries well and pocket your pips, small or major; and move onto the next.

Thanks again for the encouragement and your input
    Last edited by Waleed121; 04-22-2017, 07:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X